ADVERTISEMENT

bullmarket cheers for the Horns....

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
I picked this up on another un-named message board. Do you agree with him, or not?

bullmarket says:

that maybe for the first time ever I should root for them over Notre Dame.

My thinking is that I want Notre Dame knocked off because they could compete with OU going to the playoff final four.

I remember last season when I was sweating out Notre Dame vs Stanford. Stanford won near the end of the game enabling OU to make the final four.

I picked this up on another un-named message board. Do you agree with him, or not?

bullmarket says:

that maybe for the first time ever I should root for them over Notre Dame.

My thinking is that I want Notre Dame knocked off because they could compete with OU going to the playoff final four.

I remember last season when I was sweating out Notre Dame vs Stanford. Stanford won near the end of the game enabling OU to make the final four.
Well, his logic isn't that tortured really.
Of course if the horns prevail over dame, that will make the onus on OU greater to beat the horns in Oct.to keep them down in the CFP poll.
Not a problem...we'll do that. We're due.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
My wish would be to see Texas enter the Oklahoma game unbeaten.....maybe THEN the Horns would get OU's attention.

I prefer the Horns come in without a win and our second team takes over at the half.:p

Really, we are in some recruiting battles with the Horns as the season starts. I hope the Domers kill them. I haven't seen one pundit calling ND in the final four. They need to join a conference.........

Trust me, I will not be unhappy to see Texas lose to ND. I just think it means more when OU beats good teams, especially good Texas teams.

Well, you answered your own reply. Beat a very good TCU and Baylor team. Throw in Tech and Houston and your wish is granted. Let's just drum a "bad Texas"...............:)

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
I have only two concerns about Texas:
1....will OU bring its "A" game ?
2....will freshman QB Shane Buechele be up to the task against OU after 4 games are under his belt ? Word from Austin is that he's going to be the starting QB as a true freshman.
After three straight shaky efforts, I am ready for a solid win for OU.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I have only two concerns about Texas:
1....will OU bring its "A" game ?
2....will freshman QB Shane Buechele be up to the task against OU after 4 games are under his belt ? Word from Austin is that he's going to be the starting QB as a true freshman.
After three straight shaky efforts, I am ready for a solid win for OU.

I'm ready for our offense to show up. I think we averaged about 17 points the last few years. (Not going to look it up, but bet I'm close). Color me dumbfounded that Iowa State put up 28 offensive points and a shut out on defense against them last year..

I won't have any problem cheering for ND. I get that whole "support the conference" sentiment, but not where the horns are concerned. F 'em.

I've said this before and I'll repeat it here--if Texas were playing the Taliban, I'd buy a turban with an upside down Horn logo on it. (Yes, ND is a good analogy in this instance.)

Funny. I know I had this conversation with Bull on more than one occasion and he had a very strong opinion that we should never root for the Horns because it helps OU recruiting if Texas isn't any good. I believe it makes our game much more important if both Texas and OU go into it undefeated.

Reactions: CTOkie
I think Bull's logic is sound
It's really not logical at all. It's the first game of the season for both teams. You can't make the playoff, or be knocked out of the playoff the first week of the season. Regardless of which team wins or loses, they both will need to have a superb season to make the playoff. That really applies to all teams. It's just the team that loses in the UT-ND game will have less room for error the rest of the season.

Maybe. But one loss at the start would mean another loss would be an eliminator. Besides, the conference needs all the credibility it can summon up. I'll pull for Texas to go 0-9 once conference play begins.

Plaino, you are far more gracious than I where the horns are concerned! ;)

Doesn't matter this year how Texas does. We have a really tough non conference schedule. Ohio State will be a more than a handful again next year. I think this year we just need to beat Texas or else to make the playoffs. I always enjoy Notre Dame or Texas getting beat. The worse the better.

Doesn't matter this year how Texas does. We have a really tough non conference schedule. Ohio State will be a more than a handful again next year. I think this year we just need to beat Texas or else to make the playoffs. I always enjoy Notre Dame or Texas getting beat. The worse the better.
Beating Texas is no longer easy. The Horns seem to give OU their best effort of the season, and go into a funk in almost every other game. If OU can regain its focus again in the RRR, it won't matter what kind of effort the Horns put forth.

Beating Texas is no longer easy. The Horns seem to give OU their best effort of the season, and go into a funk in almost every other game. If OU can regain its focus again in the RRR, it won't matter what kind of effort the Horns put forth.

Obviously, Texas envisions its bowl games in October while OU envisions theirs in January.

Reactions: CTOkie
F the horns. I hope they get blown out every game. :D I dream of an asteroid hitting Austin every year.

Reactions: BawlzDeep
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT