ADVERTISEMENT

Both ESPN Betting Experts (The Bear and Stanford Steve) Say Bet Baylor (-3)

bbrown24

Sooner starter
Jul 25, 2013
OKC
www.twitter.com
http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id...-pick-week-11-games-including-baylor-oklahoma

2015 season record:

Fallica: 43-24-3 ATS (last week: 8-2)
Coughlin: 28-20-2 ATS (last week: 3-2)

Chris Fallica:
There is a total lack of respect for Baylor with this number, as the public has steadily driven it down. I realize Oklahoma has been great since the 24-17 loss to Texas, but Baylor has won 20 straight at home (13 straight Big 12 games) by an average of 25 points per game (PPG), and only the 61-58 win over TCU in 2014 was decided by less than a TD. The last two years vs. the Sooners, Baylor has won by 29 and 34 (last year in Norman as a five-point 'dog) and outgained OU by 222 and 225 yards. Prior to that, it won 45-38 as a 17-point 'dog and lost by eight in Norman as a 21-point 'dog.

The ugly numbers for Oklahoma: Since 2011, Baylor has averaged 42 PPG, 511 YPG and 6.2 yards per play against the Sooners. Nearly a quarter of Baylor's plays went for 10-plus yards, and the Bears scored TD on 21 of 56 drives. So this is not a one-year aberration. OU simply has been unable to stop the Bears. Maybe that will change this year, but I can't go against Baylor at home in this spot.

ATS pick: Baylor 38, Oklahoma 28

Steve Coughlin: As Bear mentioned, Art Briles owns Oklahoma. Looking back, he's won three of the last four against the Sooners. We all saw how impressive true freshman QB Jarrett Stidham was in his first start last week, and again we saw WR Corey Colemanscoring touchdowns untouched. I just love the fact that this game is in Waco for the Bears, as I think that's a huge advantage for Stidham and the offense against what might be the best defense he faces in conference play this year. Plus, I can't believe the Bears are only laying 3. Baylor covers here.

ATS pick: Baylor 38, Oklahoma 28

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.