ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII Title Game Score Predictions

I’m thinking it will be a battle for some reason.....closer than the first game. OU by 3

Defense put together four quarters of good football vs. the Pokes and they'll do it again this week vs. Baylor. Baylor will have some success offensively and will make some stops on defense, but they just won't have any answers to OU's ground game. I also expect the coaches to mix in a few more passes to keep the Bears on their heels defensively, which wears down the Bears in the second half. OU wins it's fifth consecutive B12 Title, 38 - 27.

I honestly believe OU dominates the Bears but a few costly turnovers by our Sooners keeps the score somewhat respectable for Baylor. Sooners win 34-13.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I have no idea how this game will go, and I doubt few others do. But I believe OU will have to play great to win. How well OUr defense plays will have a big impact on how well OUr offense plays.

We sucked on defense in the first half of game one, and the offense struggled too. Then when the D started getting three and outs after halftime, OUr offense was able to wear down their big guys, and have their way in the ground game. And the turnovers had impact both halves.

Baylor's defense knocks the crap out of opposing players, and it makes for an uneven expectation. They barely beat West Virginia, but likely should have beaten OU in game one. And they smoked KState in Manhattan.

Under most circumstances, Baylor's defense is too good to give up many points to anybody. But OU, without OUr biggest playmaker, was able to score 34 and should have had 40+.

The offenses should be better indoors. I'm guessing 37-31 Sooners. But I won't be surprised at all, if we win by 20 or more. And I won't be surprised if we get beat. Baylor is a good football team.

Its really one of those games thats tough to say based on the first one, I think we overlooked them last time and they came to play. Won't catch us sleep walking in the 1st half this time. Gotta protect the damn ball first and foremost.
Not sure there can be any style points as we already beat them once and we are supposed to beat them again higher ranked team and all. I had a thought earlier that no matter what we do as long as we win it won't be enough for the talking heads to put us over Utah. My thought was maybe the talking heads are pushing for Utah if we both win so they can cause controversy in getting an 8 team Playoff so they can push for 4 sec teams to get in every year lol.

OU 35 Baylor 24

I really like the predictions above. Just a quick OT comment... I used to despise Matt Rhule when he first arrived on the scene. But the guy has shown he can coach, and has proven himself to be a gentleman. I give the guy lots of respect. He is everything the Horns wish they had when they hired Herman.

A popular score in this thread.... me too...
OU 38
BU 24

Its really one of those games thats tough to say based on the first one, I think we overlooked them last time and they came to play. Won't catch us sleep walking in the 1st half this time. Gotta protect the damn ball first and foremost.
Not sure there can be any style points as we already beat them once and we are supposed to beat them again higher ranked team and all. I had a thought earlier that no matter what we do as long as we win it won't be enough for the talking heads to put us over Utah. My thought was maybe the talking heads are pushing for Utah if we both win so they can cause controversy in getting an 8 team Playoff so they can push for 4 sec teams to get in every year lol.

OU 35 Baylor 24

And I thought that I was the Top Dawg in the OVERTHINKING Department! :rolleyes::p

It's hard for me to even imagine that we'll play as poorly as we did in the first half of the first game. My Theory...If we beat 'em playing only Half-a-Game, We can Surely do it if we are able to put together 4 Decent Quarters...Operative Word here is IF...

Last edited:
And I thought that I was the Top Dawg in the OVERTHINKING Department! :rolleyes::p

It's hard for me to even imagine that we'll play as poorly as we did in the first half of the first game. My Theory...If we beat 'em playing only Half-a-Game, We can Surely do it if we are able to put together 4 Decent Quarters...Operative Word here is IF...

Lol never underestimate the talking heads and what they may be up to, they are pretty sneaky. If there was an 8 team playoff now I have no.doubt they would be pushing for LSU, Georgia, Florida and Alabama to be in.

Baylor is coming for blood, make no mistake. And while I was glad to see a 4 quarter game against Okie state, I can't help but wonder how much their injuries played some role in that.

Offensively we will have to run the ball with our running backs, as they will look to contain Jalen. We will need to get CeeDee involved with quick throws and utilize Lee Morris, Jeremiah Hall and Brayden Willis. We won't have success in long 3rd down situations against their defense.

Defensively we need Kenneth Murray to chill out and be gap sound. No hero ball. He has been a liability recently early in games by running himself right out of position. We need his sideline speed to spy Brewer and keep their RBs from getting to the 2nd level. As these coaches keep saying "Do Your Job". Everybody be where they're supposed to be, accept that they're going to get some yards, make the play in front of you, and capitalize when the opportunity presents itself. If the back end plays sound, Perkins and Gallimore will stir it up.

Special teams...just quit bringing the kick out if we're going to keep putting Tre back there. He seems to lack the vision and explosiveness when a hole opens. We need his confidence back at CB more than we need him returning kicks. Brkic, you do you.

Overview: I don't have a good feeling about this one. We have far to often put it on cruise control once we established we're the better team. Beating the Bears twice is going to require 4 quarters of attitude that fizzles out for us far too often. I think we're going to be trailing late again just not by as much and we get another game that takes a few months off our lifespan.

Baylor - 31
Oklahoma - 37

This is going to be a LOWER scoring game than a lot seem to think. Bet it all on the under.

By the way, what is the O/U?

Reactions: iasooner1
I want to see Lamb make a few NFL level (legal & lethal) blocks downfield to spring Brooks, Stevenson or Jalen for a few 50 yard TD's in addition to a few long catch and runs, through 4 would-be bear cub tacklers in the first AND second halves.

I don't want to see any sloppy quarters or stupid drive killing personal fouls. I ask for so little: this must be the smartest played game of OUr season thus far

I want to see Lamb make a few NFL level (legal & lethal) blocks downfield to spring Brooks, Stevenson or Jalen for a few 50 yard TD's in addition to a few long catch and runs, through 4 would-be bear cub tacklers in the first AND second halves.

I don't want to see any sloppy quarters or stupid drive killing personal fouls. I ask for so little: this must be the smartest played game of OUr season thus far

Mama be proud of You, Sonshine...Good Read! ;)

Baylor is coming for blood, make no mistake. And while I was glad to see a 4 quarter game against Okie state, I can't help but wonder how much their injuries played some role in that.

Offensively we will have to run the ball with our running backs, as they will look to contain Jalen. We will need to get CeeDee involved with quick throws and utilize Lee Morris, Jeremiah Hall and Brayden Willis. We won't have success in long 3rd down situations against their defense.

Defensively we need Kenneth Murray to chill out and be gap sound. No hero ball. He has been a liability recently early in games by running himself right out of position. We need his sideline speed to spy Brewer and keep their RBs from getting to the 2nd level. As these coaches keep saying "Do Your Job". Everybody be where they're supposed to be, accept that they're going to get some yards, make the play in front of you, and capitalize when the opportunity presents itself. If the back end plays sound, Perkins and Gallimore will stir it up.

Special teams...just quit bringing the kick out if we're going to keep putting Tre back there. He seems to lack the vision and explosiveness when a hole opens. We need his confidence back at CB more than we need him returning kicks. Brkic, you do you.

Overview: I don't have a good feeling about this one. We have far to often put it on cruise control once we established we're the better team. Beating the Bears twice is going to require 4 quarters of attitude that fizzles out for us far too often. I think we're going to be trailing late again just not by as much and we get another game that takes a few months off our lifespan.

Baylor - 31
Oklahoma - 37

bc...This topic has brought out a LOT of Excellent Responses...IMO, This is one of the Best!

This is my opinion... Baylor will choose a quick death by focusing on JH too much as a runner opening up the passing game; the alternative being a slow death by allowing JH to run. I believe the OU defense will pressure (try) Brewer making sure the run option is not there and double team their outstanding WR. I think OU raced out, and holds on to something like a 31 - 20 game. Boomer Sooner!

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT