ADVERTISEMENT

Best President in the last 50 years

Joe Biden DUH he is like the coolest dude ever! I mean, he loves ice cream and kids so what's not to like about the guy!

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

The 2 most Pro American Presidents in that time are easy. Reagan and Trump. Loved them both. Here's a thought: The country prospered during their tenures. Military was strong, and Cost of Living was key in allowing hard working people to thrive. They also could speak coherently and negotiate stairs without stumbling.

Democracy isn't threatened by Conservatives or Conservatism. They're not the ones wanting to defund the Police, and try to shove this Green New Deal, ban gas stoves, and let criminals run wild in the streets. THAT would be major cities ran by Liberals.

Democracy isn't threatened by Conservatives or Conservatism. They're not the ones wanting to defund the Police, and try to shove this Green New Deal, ban gas stoves, and let criminals run wild in the streets. THAT would be major cities ran by Liberals.
Sure conservatives threaten democracy every. Single. Day. Trump breaks the law, gets investigated/indicted (with more to come) and his republican cucks in congress threaten to defund the FBI (a LE (police) agency who literally keeps you and your family safe everyday) because he doesn’t want to be investigated. Republicans are actively working to make it harder for people to vote, are taking rights from us, OUTWARDLY supporting autocratic leaders, and limiting folks’ access to information (banning books, defunding PBS, NPR, etc.). Oh, don’t forget the insurrection to overturn an election to re-elect a failed reality host. Republican politicians are quite anti-democracy, pro-fascist, and not worth sh!t.

Sure conservatives threaten democracy every. Single. Day. Trump breaks the law, gets investigated/indicted (with more to come) and his republican cucks in congress threaten to defund the FBI (a LE (police) agency who literally keeps you and your family safe everyday) because he doesn’t want to be investigated. Republicans are actively working to make it harder for people to vote, are taking rights from us, OUTWARDLY supporting autocratic leaders, and limiting folks’ access to information (banning books, defunding PBS, NPR, etc.). Oh, don’t forget the insurrection to overturn an election to re-elect a failed reality host. Republican politicians are quite anti-democracy, pro-fascist, and not worth sh!t.
When I say “conservatives” I feel it important to say I’m referring to politicians.

Reactions: WPBSooner28
Trump has been talking about defunding the FBI and CIA (police)
I have never heard a Dem actually talk about defunding police, just other people saying that the Dems want to.
Out of the top 5 most violent cities per capita, only 2 of them are run by dems

Reactions: Ca-Sooner and OU50
The 2 most Pro American Presidents in that time are easy. Reagan and Trump. Loved them both. Here's a thought: The country prospered during their tenures. Military was strong, and Cost of Living was key in allowing hard working people to thrive. They also could speak coherently and negotiate stairs without stumbling.
Reagan was elected through a deal with the ayatollah khomeini to hold our citizens as hostages longer so that it would hurt Carter (October Surprise), not pro-American at all. Trump disclosed our spies early on in his presidency- also not very pro-American.

Trump has been talking about defunding the FBI and CIA (police)
I have never heard a Dem actually talk about defunding police, just other people saying that the Dems want to.
Out of the top 5 most violent cities per capita, only 2 of them are run by dems
Don’t forget about trump in December proposing wholesale abolishing the constitution because he felt it treats him unfairly. Anyone who supports that dude is either delusionally stupid or failed junior high civics ‘bigly’.

Try listening to something besides the mainstream media. You've been brainwashed with lies.

He was pro-choice and signed the biggest tax increase on the middle class to this date and increased the federal debt by the highest percentage of any president to date.
He took office dealing w highest inflation in nation's history w interest rates that ultimately had to spike to 20% to deal with it.
His policies ended the cold war taking more people out of effective slavery than any individual in history. He also reversed welfare state and ushered in 40 years of low inflation economic prosperity.
Deficit as % of GDP (only number that matters on deficit) was far lower under him than any time in last 20 yrs.
I couldn't care less if he was pro-choice but in fact he wasn't although like most pro-life presidents he did little on the subject.

Reactions: sooner022002
He took office dealing w highest inflation in nation's history w interest rates that ultimately had to spike to 20% to deal with it.
His policies ended the cold war taking more people out of effective slavery than any individual in history. He also reversed welfare state and ushered in 40 years of low inflation economic prosperity.
Deficit as % of GDP (only number that matters on deficit) was far lower under him than any time in last 20 yrs.
I couldn't care less if he was pro-choice but in fact he wasn't although like most pro-life presidents he did little on the subject.
I don't disagree that he did some good things, it was a time of American greatness.
Many conservatives that I have talked to over the years are shocked to hear that he signed that huge tax bill on the middle class and dramatically expanded abortion rights in Cali when gov.
The main problems I have with Reagan, as a liberal, is that he broke up unions, his administration did not enforce the Sherman Anti-Trust Act (set precedent leading to the giant monopolies we have now), and cut taxes on the ultra wealthy (trickle-down economics)

I don't disagree that he did some good things, it was a time of American greatness.
Many conservatives that I have talked to over the years are shocked to hear that he signed that huge tax bill on the middle class and dramatically expanded abortion rights in Cali when gov.
The main problems I have with Reagan, as a liberal, is that he broke up unions, his administration did not enforce the Sherman Anti-Trust Act (set precedent leading to the giant monopolies we have now), and cut taxes on the ultra wealthy (trickle-down economics)
Well that's pretty reasonable take. Would note that CA deal was in 60s tho number of yrs bf he became pres. Also never understood all the trickle down criticisms of him (now at least) since base economic policy of last 15 years (until year ago) has been for fed to offer effectively unlimited near free ultra low rate $$ to banks and hedge funds in hope it will trickle down to middle class.
Honestly fed rate policy since 08 has been greatest trickle down in history by far and took place w blessings of both Obama and Trump admins. Sent wealth inequality far beyond anything seen under Reagan too.
Also that tax bill, while did lower rates bunch, did it by taking away tons of loopholes wealthy had been using for many years. Anyway.

Reactions: chrisnurse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT