ADVERTISEMENT

All About Lebby

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
Took me 5 days to refocus on the Sooners and be ready to discuss everything. Even ignoring it for the most part, I know Lebby has been taking it on the chin. And deservedly so. Offensively we have looked completely erratic for 2 and a half games, minus Gabriel's game winning drive against Texas. We have no identity, no rhythm, no balance, no tempo. It looks like Lebby is picking random plays for a hat. I have no sympathy for him and my patience is about gone. I know he's likely in no danger of losing his job but I wouldn't be upset if it happened. However, it's not too late to fix things. Might as well, as fans, just accept it. Doesn't mean we don't deserve to piss and moan. I'll be happy to eat my humble pie if he can right the ship.

Now I've said all that to say this:

Lebby doesn't deserve all the blame. Brent and Ted's defense has also lost its way. We have reverted back to our old ways. Poor tackling. Zero aggression on big downs letting QBs have all day to pick up crucial downs. Not ready for the snap. Undisciplined with gap assignment. Undisciplined regarding penalties.

It doesn't have to be perfect on Saturday but this whole damn team better show signs of life and getting back to playing how they started this season.

When Walker is playing RB, we have an identity. When the other guys are in there, we suck on offense. Two Saturdays ago, we had him for zero snaps. Last week, we only had him in the second and third quarter. He had 146 yards rushing. We scored regularly, 27 when he played, and scored 6 when he didn't. Since I'm guessing we don't see him much Saturday, if at all, I wouldn't expect us to get much past 20, especially since we're apparently not kicking any field goals outside 25 yards, any more.

DG is average……so is Lebby. Get ready for more of the same. OSU by 6

Took me 5 days to refocus on the Sooners and be ready to discuss everything. Even ignoring it for the most part, I know Lebby has been taking it on the chin. And deservedly so. Offensively we have looked completely erratic for 2 and a half games, minus Gabriel's game winning drive against Texas. We have no identity, no rhythm, no balance, no tempo. It looks like Lebby is picking random plays for a hat. I have no sympathy for him and my patience is about gone. I know he's likely in no danger of losing his job but I wouldn't be upset if it happened. However, it's not too late to fix things. Might as well, as fans, just accept it. Doesn't mean we don't deserve to piss and moan. I'll be happy to eat my humble pie if he can right the ship.

Now I've said all that to say this:

Lebby doesn't deserve all the blame. Brent and Ted's defense has also lost its way. We have reverted back to our old ways. Poor tackling. Zero aggression on big downs letting QBs have all day to pick up crucial downs. Not ready for the snap. Undisciplined with gap assignment. Undisciplined regarding penalties.

It doesn't have to be perfect on Saturday but this whole damn team better show signs of life and getting back to playing how they started this season.
Good post. I think we as fans are frustrated over the last two weeks. A loss to OSU this weekend would send the team in the wrong direction and they may not recover from it for the remaining 3 games after OSU.

Took you 5 days to get over it? Thank God you're back and know it all again.

Get em straight, chief. World can't turn without you.

5 days? Get help.

Took you 5 days to get over it? Thank God you're back and know it all again.

Get em straight, chief. World can't turn without you.

5 days? Get help.

You seem angry.

It's not my fault you got a 2 inch pecker and a wife that yanks you around by it.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
What's wrong chasing? Wake up this morning and felt like being a dick, or maybe you always are.

Meh.

I took 5 days away because it is just a game. Sometimes you just gotta ignore all the negative and get away from it.

I think my analysis was pretty spot on and Mr. Chasing is gonna be mad at life with or without OU football. Don't need to be Sigmund Freud to psychoanalaze a loser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT