ADVERTISEMENT

99,391 Ohio state spring game

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
The Buckeyes broke their own national spring game record by drawing 99,391 fans. Well OU had almost that many at our spring game.
laugh.r191677.gif

Dang that's unbelievable pulling in nearly 100k fans just for a spring game. But coming off a national title a few months ago will do that in getting your fanbase rabid for football. I wonder how many fans OU would pull at a spring game after a natty?

99,391 people sitting there bored to death knowing that they just wasted a perfectly good Saturday.

Not really. INO, nothing more entertaining than Buckeye football: practice, spring game, or the Fall. Hell, I'd pay to watch the Spring and Fall practices. Best show around.

Originally posted by R1950:

Not really. INO, nothing more entertaining than Buckeye football.
Even more entertaining than a gypsy queen in a glaze of vasoline performing on guillotine?

;)

I've always been impressed with the number of people at a Bama spring game, but 99,391 is almost unbelievable. Urban Meyer has it rolling no doubt.

Bama and tOSU fans are the most fanatic as far as attendance in all of their games or practices.

Urban Meyer has a more difficult quarterback decision to manage than Bob Stoops does. That likely drew a few extra visitors. There is also a much larger immediate population in that area. Ohio State is the only real football school in a very large state, unless you include UCinn. I wouldn't.

Given the various dynamics, that's not totally surprising.

I'd also wonder if they charge for entrance to the spring game.

Originally posted by Plainosooner:
Urban Meyer has a more difficult quarterback decision to manage than Bob Stoops does. That likely drew a few extra visitors. There is also a much larger immediate population in that area. Ohio State is the only real football school in a very large state, unless you include UCinn. I wouldn't.

Given the various dynamics, that's not totally surprising.

I disagree. Meyer has more talent than Bob, including QB. Bob's decision will have will have a greater impact or the W/L column than Meyers' decision on his starting QB.

Yes, they charge $5/person. There were 79,000 prepaid before they opened the gates. Students get in free.

Originally posted by iasooner1:
What-ev-er. tOSU is alone on top of a stinking, old pile of an irrelevant football conference; their only decent competition: Sparty or Whisky.
You say this, when OU is part of the Big XII...which...coincidentally enough was the sole "power conference" to be left out of the playoffs this past season. Puts a new perspective on which conference is the more irrelevant of the two....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT