ADVERTISEMENT

Kennedy Brooks situation (UPDATE TUES 8:26p)

UPDATE 8:26 P.M. -

Statement via OU in regards to Kennedy Brooks:

When the OU Athletics Department is made aware of a potential issue involving a student-athlete, it may elect to withhold the student-athlete from participation in team activities during a review of the matter. Per University policy, OU Athletics does not participate in any such reviews or investigations involving a complaint. Those reviews are handled independently by the appropriate University office. At this time, it's expected that Kennedy Brooks will participate in football activities later this week.

UPDATE 5:30ish

Here's the story from Jason Kersey. He did a great job working this story today and got a lot of different angles.

Login to view embedded media

Brooks will be reinstated as a member of the football team after he was found innocent in the Title IX investigation. This decision just came down just about an hour ago from the Title IX board.

UPDATE 5:10 P.M.
- I can tell you that this situation has been going on for the better of two months and a resolution is coming soon. This was a Title IX investigation

ORIGINAL POST:

Now that Brooks has been named a 1st team preseason All Big 12 member, it's time we spilled the beans on what we know.

Credit to 247sports for first pointing out Kennedy Brooks was not with the team.

We've continued to dig into his situation throughout the day and we can confirm quite a few things.

1) There are no records of Brooks being charged with any crimes through the Oklahoma court system.

2) There is no record of Brooks being involved in a police matter by the Norman Police Department

3) That doesn't mean the OU police department doesn't have an incident report on file.

4) OU's Title IX office won't comment on any investigations into current students because of FERPA laws. I had spoken to Jason Kersey of the Athletic, and friend of the site, earlier today because we have been sharing information. He was the one who pointed out the FERPA issue to me in tracking this down as a potential Title IX violation.

All signs continue to point to Brooks being separated from the team due to something beyond football. This is a matter that will have to play out beyond Lincoln Riley's control.

We have reached out to OU for comment, but we're currently waiting for Lincoln Riley to either issue a statement or speak about it Monday during Big 12 Media Days. I would imagine he would be pretty tight-lipped on the issue if it is a Title IX situation because of FERPA laws as well.

OT. Where are people retiring?

I know this may not pertain to everyone on this board but to those of you thinking about retirement...where will you retire/have a second home etc?

I’m not terribly close but I’m starting to get to the point where I have to be conscious about rebalancing my portfolio so I think about it. I hate humidity so Florida and the SE are out for me.

With the prominence of the FIRE movement I suspect there are many others like me. Even if you are relatively young.

Monday Notes...

Login to view embedded media
Most of you saw this tweet last night and people immediately began to ask about Oklahoma maybe moving redshirt freshman Michael Thompson back to defensive tackle. I've even heard some allusions to others reporting that as factual.

I can tell you that I'm very confident he remains, and will remain, an offensive lineman. The Sooners took a bit of a gamble moving him there - as far as how he would take the move - and I really didn't think they would jeopardize that and I've confirmed there is no move happening.

My guess is that it's a group of guys he knows well getting together at the house of the guy who recruited him and he was invited to come along.

Thursday Notes...

I'm told that Oklahoma is going to be hosting the nation's No. 22 prospect for the class of 2021, cornerback Tony Grimes this weekend.

Good news? We'll see him in Atlanta on Monday at the Rivals 5-Star Challenge and get an interview just after he returns home on Sunday from a trip to see the Sooners as well as Texas and Texas A&M while he is in the region.

HAVE to think that the timing of Brock Vandagriff's commitment is huge for Oklahoma.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT