ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday, we weren't as bad as it seemed, but ...

Ah... That great, "you're clueless, but I'm not..."

Don't you "think" you know, as well?

Maybe you do. Or maybe you don't.

I think it is the condescending tone you have towards those who disagree with you more than anything else. Josh bashers were clueless as well. Then Bob fired him. Was he reading the board and feeling pressured?

Condescending is guys coming here and justifying their ongoing bashing of great coaches, because some call didn't work. I read here this morning on the premium board that students were justified in their lack of enthusiasm because OUr coaches suck. (paraphrase) There was an endless supply of anti Stoops and anti Kish posts because of the view of taking second rate linebacker recruits from Lackawanna, mostly because those two guys weren't highly rated high school recruits.

Now, those two guys are playing really well, and have been a huge positive in the defense, when they've been on the field. The bashing won't stop. Neither will your defense of those who truly are clueless, I suspect. You have the right to say what you want. But then, so do I. Defending smart guys, like those on our staff, against those who don't know what they're talking about isn't just a right. It's a duty. And it's not brain surgery. But some would rather complain, than make a positive contribution to what the program is trying to accomplish, like say, screaming their heads off this Saturday, even if we aren't in a four touchdown lead after the first ten minutes.

He is/was a sports writer. Not sure if he did opinion writing as well, but the first lesson you're taught in grade school when writing an argumentative essay is that you don't "think" your opinion is right, it IS right. You take a side and go full throttle with it, no soft statements, no backdoors to weasel out of. <-- I just wanted to use soft, throttle and backdoor in the same sentence. You see what your posting style is doing to me?

The first thing I learned in grade school was "Dick and Jane". I guess they're dead now....HA!

anti Stoops and anti Kish posts because of the view of taking second rate linebacker recruits from Lackawanna, mostly because those two guys weren't highly rated high school recruits.

Now, those two guys are playing really well, and have been a huge positive in the defense, when they've been on the field. The bashing won't stop.

You've made arguments a few times now with notions spilled over from the premium board. Both times, they were sentiments that I've never read on the free board. I think you're letting your anger build up over there and then unloading on us plebes.

I can't recall a single negative comment about the recruitment of the Lackawanna guys.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I don't think the thread list goes back that far, and I wouldn't be inclined to hunt for them, but the Kish bashing, while not as prevalent here as on the premium side, isn't and wasn't totally absent. If there was none here, I apologize, but I don't believe that's close to the case.

I don't think the thread list goes back that far, and I wouldn't be inclined to hunt for them, but the Kish bashing, while not as prevalent here as on the premium side, isn't and wasn't totally absent. If there was none here, I apologize, but I don't believe that's close to the case.

No, there has been Kish bashing here, but I don't recall any deriving from his recruitment of the Lackawanna guys.

He is/was a sports writer. Not sure if he did opinion writing as well, but the first lesson you're taught in grade school when writing an argumentative essay is that you don't "think" your opinion is right, it IS right. You take a side and go full throttle with it, no soft statements, no backdoors to weasel out of. <-- I just wanted to use soft, throttle and backdoor in the same sentence. You see what your posting style is doing to me?

Plaino and I go way back. He liked my dad a lot more than he likes me. It is what it is. I know he has significant insights into certain aspects of the game. X's and O's, I agree with some and disagree with others. It isn't as if I never played the game. I grew up in Plano, Texas. I played for two state championship teams.

Argumentative essays and discussions are two different things. Message boards are used more for discussions, IMO. Claiming one is clueless or an idiot because you disagree is worse than a night full of Dave Mason music, for sure...

Well you can say get over it, but recruits read these boards, and in a close call, saying negative stuff doesn't help the recruiting cause. Those who love to bash coaches always claim the same thing: Doesn't matter. But they can't know that.

This week, the eyes of the college football world are on Norman. It's not a great time to say negatives about OUr coaching staff. Even if you were right, it's not a great thing.

Some of us here take many of the posts here way too seriously.
Coaches and players can be criticized AND praised justifiably.
Coaches and players can be criticized AND praised unjustifiably.
Either way.....get over it.

I guess it's the way some people use pejorative phrases to describe posters having a differing opinion that irritates some of us. The message becomes "that's what happens when you find a stranger in the alps".

Reactions: CTOkie
I guess it's the way some people use pejorative phrases to describe posters having a differing opinion that irritates some of us. The message becomes "that's what happens when you find a stranger in the alps".

plaino has disagreed with me many times. We are on the same side most of the time. I never take his post but what they are.....Mostly fact..............

Condescending is guys coming here and justifying their ongoing bashing of great coaches, because some call didn't work. I read here this morning on the premium board that students were justified in their lack of enthusiasm because OUr coaches suck. (paraphrase) There was an endless supply of anti Stoops and anti Kish posts because of the view of taking second rate linebacker recruits from Lackawanna, mostly because those two guys weren't highly rated high school recruits.

Now, those two guys are playing really well, and have been a huge positive in the defense, when they've been on the field. The bashing won't stop. Neither will your defense of those who truly are clueless, I suspect. You have the right to say what you want. But then, so do I. Defending smart guys, like those on our staff, against those who don't know what they're talking about isn't just a right. It's a duty. And it's not brain surgery. But some would rather complain, than make a positive contribution to what the program is trying to accomplish, like say, screaming their heads off this Saturday, even if we aren't in a four touchdown lead after the first ten minutes.

Where are they? On the pay board? Talk to them. Am I defending them? I'm pretty clear on my stances. Say ANYTHING you want. EVERYBODY. You won't hurt my feelings.

At 13:55 in the 3rd quarter, the announcers are bragging on #1, Kapri Doucet. The next play, is a 74 yd TD for ULM. Trips to the left... Doucet covers the second guy, and follows him on an out. Cobb, on the outside, follows the same guy, biting down on the out. This happens while the outside receiver runs down the sideline. After the PAT, Bob Stoops goes to Kapri Doucet, and if my lip reading is correct, asks him, "Who was your man?" Is that what they are complaining about maybe? Do you know the coverage assignments on that play? I know one thing. There was a ULM receiver, uncovered, running down the sideline for a 74 yd TD. Was it Cobb, Doucet, Sunderland, or someone else who failed?

Regardless of who it was, why was there a breakdown? Why didn't they know their assignment?

One can speculate all they want. I know this. Players have assignments. Coaches give them their assignments. If the player doesn't know, why is he on the field?

Reactions: BillyRay

Plaino you might have more of foundation to stand on, had Bob's staff from 3-4 years ago were still intact. YOU were the one on here proclaiming them "the best staff in the country" back in those days, and considered anyone who disagreed as clueless coach bashers. Now here it is, years later, and nearly all those coaches were fired or forced out. But yet, you STILL think those who question the coaches are clueless.
But hey, you considered it your "duty" to stand up for all those coaches that got canned and are now working at places other than OU. That sounds more like blind allegiance and/or just "drinking the koolaid", more than anything.

Well you can say get over it, but recruits read these boards, and in a close call, saying negative stuff doesn't help the recruiting cause.
Okay, the few of us who view/post on the pay board will maybe remember this. A guy who use to post on this free board decided to call you out to JoshM on the pay board maybe a year or two ago about whether this claim you always make about recruits and recruiting has ANY validity. If I remember correctly, JoshM replied and said he had NEVER heard of a recruit either picking or not picking a program over what they read on a message board.

My nephew in Cypress Texas, a high school coach, believes that prospective recruits pay much more attention to what students, players and coaches say at the colleges they're visiting during recruiting.

I tend to think that what holds true in the real world holds true here; Young kids don't pay much attention to what we old farts have to say.

Plaino and I go way back. He liked my dad a lot more than he likes me. It is what it is. I know he has significant insights into certain aspects of the game. X's and O's, I agree with some and disagree with others. It isn't as if I never played the game. I grew up in Plano, Texas. I played for two state championship teams.

Argumentative essays and discussions are two different things. Message boards are used more for discussions, IMO. Claiming one is clueless or an idiot because you disagree is worse than a night full of Dave Mason music, for sure...
There ain't no good guy. There ain't no bad guy. There's only you and he, and you just disagree.

I posted this before I saw the video posted above... but I'll leave it. Dave Mason is one of the greats.

True that, I had the Alone Together marbalized LP. Had a whos who of artist contributing,
including Leon Russell on keyboards.
Epic album.

When I think of loathsome, forgettable music...Kenny G. comes to mind.
Just my learned, extensive opinion. ;)

True that, I had the Alone Together marbalized LP. Had a whos who of artist contributing,
including Leon Russell on keyboards.
Epic album.

When I think of loathsome, forgettable music...Kenny G. comes to mind.
Just my learned, extensive opinion. ;)

Kenny G........ King of the Elevators.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
8 years ago Kevin Wilson was a bum who couldn't find the end zone and Heupel was the future.

3 years ago Heupel was a clueless dope who had to go.

Lincoln Riley and Baker were saviors last year and already I'm seeing them get clocked by some predictable names cause we lost a game.

I still say Houston, through 2 games, looks better than everybody but the Tide.

I blame the players for underwhelming performance and emotion and all the coaches for thinking base schemes would get us out of Houston with the W.

8 years ago Kevin Wilson was a bum who couldn't find the end zone and Heupel was the future.

3 years ago Heupel was a clueless dope who had to go.

Lincoln Riley and Baker were saviors last year and already I'm seeing them get clocked by some predictable names cause we lost a game.

I still say Houston, through 2 games, looks better than everybody but the Tide.

I blame the players for underwhelming performance and emotion and all the coaches for thinking base schemes would get us out of Houston with the W.

You see coaches getting clocked by predictable names, yet YOU, then blame the coaches in the next paragraph...

Did you think of that by yourself?

You see coaches getting clocked by predictable names, yet YOU, then blame the coaches in the next paragraph...

Did you think of that by yourself?

It's a team sport bub. The coaches earn and take blame. The players earn and take the blame. Same goes for the credit.

Plaino gets mauled for only blaming the players. I'm just pointing out there are a few on the other end of the spectrum.

If that's to hard to grasp then there ain't enough scrap paper and crayons to get the point across to some.

Last edited:
It's a team sport bub. The coaches earn and take blame. The players earn and take the blame. Same goes for the credit.

Plaino gets mauled for only blaming the coaches. I'm just pointing out there are a few on the other end of the spectrum.

If that's to hard to grasp then there ain't enough scrap paper and crayons to get the point across to some.
Ummm...maybe you need to sharpen your own supply of crayons, since I don't ever remember Plaino "only blaming the coaches". :confused:

Plaino gets mauled for only blaming the coaches. I'm just pointing out there are a few on the other end of the spectrum.

Are you sure that Plaino only blames the coaches? I see it the opposite way. Coaches get a pass from him and players, recruiting the sparse Oklahoma landscape, and negative comments on this board seem to be blamed more than the "untouchable" coaches, who happen to be human, just like the rest of us....

Reactions: BillyRay
Are you sure that Plaino only blames the coaches? I see it the opposite way. Coaches get a pass from him and players, recruiting the sparse Oklahoma landscape, and negative comments on this board seem to be blamed more than the "untouchable" coaches, who happen to be human, just like the rest of us....

Check the edit friendo.

There ain't no good guy. There ain't no bad guy. There's only you and he, and you just disagree.

I posted this before I saw the video posted above... but I'll leave it. Dave Mason is one of the greats.

I saw him in the late 80's at a free show at Dallas Alley. I knew a little bit about him, but found out a lot more that night. He was one of the founding members of Traffic, and wrote a good deal of their hits. Interestingly, his biggest solo hit, "We Just Disagree," was written by someone else.

I saw him in the late 80's at a free show at Dallas Alley. I knew a little bit about him, but found out a lot more that night. He was one of the founding members of Traffic, and wrote a good deal of their hits. Interestingly, his biggest solo hit, "We Just Disagree," was written by someone else.

Not to belabor the point, well, maybe a little, you youngins should buy 'Mr. Fantasy', Traffics first LP.
A seminal must have for the cutting edge audiophile.
Then, of course if you can secure some purple microdot, it will enhance the experience.
Just saying. :)

Not to belabor the point, well, maybe a little, you youngins should buy 'Mr. Fantasy', Traffics first LP.
A seminal must have for the cutting edge audiophile.
Then, of course if you can secure some purple microdot, it will enhance the experience.
Just saying. :)

Play us a tune, something to make us all happy?

Never saw any microdots, unless that's how they made the streamers....

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Where are they? On the pay board? Talk to them. Am I defending them? I'm pretty clear on my stances. Say ANYTHING you want. EVERYBODY. You won't hurt my feelings.

At 13:55 in the 3rd quarter, the announcers are bragging on #1, Kapri Doucet. The next play, is a 74 yd TD for ULM. Trips to the left... Doucet covers the second guy, and follows him on an out. Cobb, on the outside, follows the same guy, biting down on the out. This happens while the outside receiver runs down the sideline. After the PAT, Bob Stoops goes to Kapri Doucet, and if my lip reading is correct, asks him, "Who was your man?" Is that what they are complaining about maybe? Do you know the coverage assignments on that play? I know one thing. There was a ULM receiver, uncovered, running down the sideline for a 74 yd TD. Was it Cobb, Doucet, Sunderland, or someone else who failed?

Regardless of who it was, why was there a breakdown? Why didn't they know their assignment?

One can speculate all they want. I know this. Players have assignments. Coaches give them their assignments. If the player doesn't know, why is he on the field?

Bob said that the safety busted coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT