ADVERTISEMENT

In Bedlam, Sooners get beat 6-3. It wasn't that close.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
If the rain holds off this weekend, we might get swept. OSU has more homeruns than we do hits. With a tight strike zone, we got a run in the first on four walks, but against her former team, Maxwell wasn't sharp. She left down 3-2. Deal got hit hard in her first inning in relief. 6-2 when I got discouraged and quit watch.ing. OSU didn't star their but Kilfoyle came on in relief and has a 6-2. Aycock started. When she threw strikes, she got a lot of outs.

We might very well get run-ruled. We haven't looked good at anything. The closest call of the game went against OSU, or they'd be up more. This is depressing.

BREAKING NEWS!! This team aint it. pitching sucks, hitting blows, defensive errors abundant this year and so called leaders not leading, they have sucked more than the frosh. No Natty Patty this year.

It appears they have lost that fire in their bellies to be the best. Coleman, Britto last year were very vocal even when they got walked, this year nothing. I have never been a big fan of JT as the hitting coach. As in football if you have a mobile qb you call some designed qb run plays, when you have speed at the plate with some of the best athletes in the game, you play small ball. JT has then swinging for the fence, which leaves way to many runners on base. With 10 seniors and an unproven group of underclassmen, this may be the beginning of the end of the Gasso era. I hope Im wrong and they are holding back until postseason play.

Dynasties in sports never last forever.
But I’m not believing yet that the Gasso’s success is winding down.

I wasn’t expecting another natty this year but feel we’ve already had a successful season. We just lost too many quality players from last year’s team. Regardless, we aren’t playing up to our talent level and that’s disappointing. However I’m not ever going to turn off an OU football or softball game before the clock runs out.

Bats have been inconsistent or down right ice cold all season. They're over thinking it at the plate and it's cost them dearly. It'll be a stunner if they can figure it out before it's all over.

I have perspective but this is very disappointing from Coleman, Jennings, Britto, Hansen, Boone and May.

tried to tell you folks this team was lacking this year

I believe Jada Coleman is hurt more than a little. She's no longer trying to steal a base. There are balls in the dirt that in the past, she always took the next base. She isn't very consistent at the plate right now.

I don't know if our other superstar, is dealing with anything, but TRA is flying out way way way too much. Or if the other teams have found a way to pitch to her enough to pop her up ALL THE TIME. Anyone can catch a fly ball, even a 72-year-old man.

I do think we are dealing with bigger strike zones for our hitters. It causes our hitters to question marginal pitches, causing bad swings and a lack of confidence in our view of the strike zone. I genuinely believe that changing conferences has affected the way our games are offiated. I absolutely feel like we used to get more than OUr share of breaks from officials. That's not the case any more.

If we lose tomorrow, we will have to play an extra game in the conference tournament. It will make it impossible for us to win it, with the way we are playing right now.

I'll be glad to get out of the conference. I don't think we'll have to deal with the officiating issues. But that's not OUr biggest problem. We have a bunch of girls swinging for the fences. We have to have more easy to catch fly outs than any team in the country ... at least one who will be in the post season.

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner2000
I agree with many things said here but honestly we are spoiled fans because of the OU success. The pitching or lack of a “ Jordy” has been an issue this season. May has been very inconsistent and Deal has shown some flashes of being very good down the road.

The bats though have been a big issue as of late. How many times have they left the bases loaded or fail to get the big hit when needed in the past month? This was not an issue last year but in the biggest games ( Tx and OSU) the opportunites existed only to come up empty. Against OSU Friday, bases loaded 1 out it took another walk to score a run. OU should have busted it wide open in that 1st.

Is the pressure of 4 in a row an issue causing this team some problems. Maybe but unless they get things figured out, they may not even get past the Supers.

I was always under the impression that a 2–0, 2–1 count was a hitters count, why does it seem like we very rarely if ever swing on those counts??

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
After that stunt on the third strike call with Pickering, this chick behind the plate should never be able to umpire again.

The delayed call and the theatrics, are absolutely ridiculous

At this point, Sanders has not earned her way onto the field. Put Hodges at second and move Torres to first. Right now, Hodges is more of a threat at the plate than Sanders is.
Yeah, and I know she just got a bloop mist hit seeing eye hit.

At this point, Sanders has not earned her way onto the field. Put Hodges at second and move Torres to first. Right now, Hodges is more of a threat at the plate than Sanders is.
No doubt as Sanders in the lineup at this point is a mystery. As for the Pickering K, it wasnt the call from the ump that aggrivated me as much as it was the delay in which she did it.

I am so conflicted on Sanders...she is a beast on defense but almost a sure out on offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT