ADVERTISEMENT

The top greatest wide receivers in OU history...........

Let's do it this way: two different systems.

Running domination:
McDonald
Hinton
Tinker
Jon Jon
Brooks

Passing domination
Broyles
Clayton
Shepard
Woolfolk
Stills

The interesting things that McDonald Hinton, and Owens were probably more productive in the pros than the receivers of the passing generation. If I had one receiver on a big play that II needed to win a Super Bowl, I think I would agree with Johnny Sample. I'd throw to McDonald.
I would rate Broyles, Clayton, Shepard and Saunders as the best in the Stoops era, with Iglesius, Jones, Kelly, Savage, Stills, Bester, Mackey, Bradley, Fagan, Woolfolk, Johnson as honorable mentions.
Of the pre-Stoops time, Tinker Owens, Billy Brooks, Steve Rhodes, Ben Hart, Jon Harrison, Derrick Shepard, Carl Cabbiness, Albert Hall, PJ Mills, Travis Wilson and Corey Warren come to mind....with McDonald and Hinton as players who played halfback and wingback in the mix.

And considered the biggest draft bust by the Tennessee Titans in their franchise history... but not after claiming his $2M draft bonus and about $300k/yr for 3 years or so... Not bad.
Now that he's retired, I'm betting Jake Locker would give him a run for his money on that title in the eyes of their fans.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT