ADVERTISEMENT

The top greatest wide receivers in OU history...........

You weren't personally attacked. Your opinion was questioned. It's a big difference.

I am right about Shepard, not because I have to or want to be, but because reality is reality. Put one of the previously available QBs on the team with Shepard and you'd feel foolish questioning him as part of your top 5.
Actually it was a personal attack Medic but it doesnt matter.

I'm not going to put someone in my top 5 based on what they could have done or might have with a different QB. He isn't as good as Clayton, Broyles, or Saunders and the jury is still out on the other 2 slots. Again, I'm going to have to wait and see what he does this season.

You know it wouldn't be that difficult to find you and discuss this weird thing you have with Senior Citizens.

I suggest you knock it off, asshole.
Wow fitty that sounds like a personal threat. Aren't you taking this whole internet thing a little too seriously? You have no problem dishing it out so I figured you could take a little kidding. Guess I was wrong

Bw I suggest you ignore the comments made toward you and just copy and paste anything u feel as a threat and email it to Josh. If its in a joking manner I would laugh it off, if u feel its serious then I would take my advice. Good luck

Do you have a real job Barking? Just wondering......
hey k2............you want to exchange some personal info? Would be more than happy to conversate with you via email. I think Josh discourages us from giving out any personal info on the board for obvious reasons. I would also be very hesitant to post any info of a personal nature about another poster.

Bw I suggest you ignore the comments made toward you and just copy and paste anything u feel as a threat and email it to Josh. If its in a joking manner I would laugh it off, if u feel its serious then I would take my advice. Good luck

Imagine that, personality number 2 shows up............LOL.

I have no personal info on you BW/Yank. Really wouldn't want to see it....

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Identify the most coolest ugly rock in your landscape you'd be just fine departing with. Now, put a name tag on it that says "barkingwater." Picture trying to skip it across a lake sized pond using nothing but your non-dominant hand, over and over, and over and over, until you realize it's fruitless.

Trust me, ignore the ugly rocks.

Imagine that a 60 yr old man obsessed with people half his age on a sports message board. That in itself is a tad creepy then again this is a guy who was bragging about his "likes" on here. Spending your golden years obsessing with me and bw is no way to live...just my opinion

Imagine that a 60 yr old man obsessed with people half his age on a sports message board. That in itself is a tad creepy then again this is a guy who was bragging about his "likes" on here. Spending your golden years obsessing with me and bw is no way to live...just my opinion

I'm 62 you dipwad. Tell us what kind of work you do? I didn't think so.............

A creepy 62 yr old obsessing with others and bragging about how many likes he got. I'm sorry I can't stop laughing. A person can't make this up. I better file a protective order ha-ha jk. K2c don't worry man you are okay, I won't pick on u anymore. Let's get back to talking about wr's. What about fagan? Mackey? While not big time #s they certainly played big for a couple of years

A creepy 62 yr old obsessing with others and bragging about how many likes he got. I'm sorry I can't stop laughing. A person can't make this up. I better file a protective order ha-ha jk. K2c don't worry man you are okay, I won't pick on u anymore. Let's get back to talking about wr's. What about fagan? Mackey? While not big time #s they certainly played big for a couple of years
What about Savage? He was probably a little better than the other 2 you mentioned

Let's talk about your work....fitty was a union man. 22 was a draftsman or something. Plaino is a bug sprayer. Medic is a ambulance driver. BCS works nights. I think Drew does also. I'm a former manufacter rep. Again, what do you and BW do for a living.................It's okay, you can answer.................

I thought this was an opinion is it not? Can't handle a different opinion 22? As I said, at this point I wouldn't put Sterling in the top receivers. That could change depending on how this year goes.

Sterling Shepard is #6 in all time receiving yards. He could pass Malcom Kelly and Kenny Stills to become #4 when he finishes. That isn't far-fetched either. It's a good possibility.

He had the 7th best season of any Sooner WR in 2014.

He's #2, (and 5) on the top 10 list for best game with 215 yards against TCU in 2014.

Stats trump opinions. Your "opinion" that he probably isn't a Top 10 all-time Sooner WR is just plain dumb. Congratulations for constantly getting away with your style of agitation. I'm sure it makes you feel good about yourself every time you come back and see what a mess you make of things.

Last edited:
Clayton was an absolute beast and he would be my #1. After that I like broyles and although Saunders was only here a short time the dude was money.. ..tinker and sterling would round out top 5

Barkingwater.... what say you about this? Why didn't you berate Yankee's opinion?

Barkingwater.... what say you about this? Why didn't you berate Yankee's opinion?
22 what the heck are you talking about? Why would I have an issue when someone states their opinion? Unlike you, I would never call another posters opinion dumb or resort to name calling. If you wanna believe that Shepard is an all time top 5 receiver then go ahead. Doesn't bother me one bit. I just don't happen to agree

So, you're not going to berate Yankee's choice of Saunders in his Top 5? Lol. Not surprised by that.
Berate? I don't believe I have berated anyone for any of their choices. Unlike you. Personally, I think Saunders was a little better than Shepard. I mean the guy really was a pretty amazing receiver and kick returner and was a big reason we beat osu those last couple of times. I don't know if we have had a more talented receiver. What is also incredible is that the guy was under 6 ft tall and probably around 170

It would be almost criminal to not list Ryan Broyles at the top of the list. Had Broyles avoided his season ending injury his career receiving record at OU would be almost unbeatable.

Mark Clayton has to be close to the top as well. He was just a great WR and his YAC were incredible.

If, you want to include Shepard in the mix then I think you have to guess some and factor in his up and coming Senior year. In my mind, Sterling could easily finish his OU career at the #2 spot in all time receiving yards. I also factor in the loss of the last third or so of the 2014 season and then you also have to factor in the QB he has been catching balls from the last two years.

So, at this point in time I would have Broyles at #1 and Clayton and Shepard tied for the #2 spot. At the end of the 2015 year my guess is I will have the top three as Broyles then Shepard at #2 with Clayton at #3.

I really liked Jalen Saunders. Had Jalen been at OU for his full college career I have no doubt he would have made the top 3 or 4 really pretty easily.

If you don't consider Jalen then I would take Stills and Iglesias at the #4 and 5 spots.

One of my all time favorites was Eddie Hinton. Every time I think of Eddie the image of his dropping the ball while streaking down the sidelines and having the ball pop right back up in his hands pops into my mind. It is hard to project how Eddie would have stacked up against today's WRs, but I think he would have been a good one.

Let's do it this way: two different systems.

Running domination:
McDonald
Hinton
Tinker
Jon Jon
Brooks

Passing domination
Broyles
Clayton
Shepard
Woolfolk
Stills

The interesting things that McDonald Hinton, and Owens were probably more productive in the pros than the receivers of the passing generation. If I had one receiver on a big play that II needed to win a Super Bowl, I think I would agree with Johnny Sample. I'd throw to McDonald.

In my eyes, Mark Clayton is the clear #1 - not even close.

Based on NFL performance, Kenny Stills is looking to have a shot at becoming one of the "most successful" OU receivers. Success like that always makes you wonder why it wasn't glaringly apparent before.

Let's do it this way: two different systems.

Running domination:
McDonald
Hinton
Tinker
Jon Jon
Brooks

Passing domination
Broyles
Clayton
Shepard
Woolfolk
Stills

The interesting things that McDonald Hinton, and Owens were probably more productive in the pros than the receivers of the passing generation. If I had one receiver on a big play that II needed to win a Super Bowl, I think I would agree with Johnny Sample. I'd throw to McDonald.

Syb, Who is Jon Jon on your list? I'm drawing a blank.

ADVERTISEMENT