ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minimum Wage Increase...

Rings,

You posting whore!! 19 posts since 07/2010. That's an average of less than 4 posts/yr.

Slow down fella and ease off the keyboard!;)

Boomer Sooner

THE NEW AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE...GET ON BOARD
For a guy and his girlfriend with two kids all you have to do is follow these proven steps
1. Don't marry her!
2. Always use your mom's address to get your mail.
3. The guy buys a house.
4. The guy rents out house to his girlfriend with his 2 kids.
5. Section 8 will pay $900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.
6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn't have to pay for familyinsurance.
7. Girlfriend gets to go to collegefor free being a single mother
8. Girlfriend gets $600 a month for food stamps.
9. Girlfriend gets a free cell phone.
10. Girlfriend get free utilities.
11. Guy moves into home, but continues to use moms address for his mail.
12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims the other kid on their taxforms. Now both get to claim head of household at $1800 credit.
13. Girlfriend gets $1,800 a month disability for being "crazy" or having a "bad back" and never has to work again.
*This plan is perfectly legal* and is being executed now by millions of people.
A *married* couple with a stay at home mom yields $0 dollars.
An *un*married couple with stay at home mom nets $21,600 disability+ $10,800 free housing + $6,000 free obamacare + $6,000 free food + $4,800 free utilities + $6,000 pell grant money to spend + $12,000 a year in college tuition free from pell grant + $8,800 tax benefit for being a single mother = $75,000 a year in benefits !
Any idea why the country is $18 trillion plus in debt and half the population is sitting on their ass letting the other half pay their way???*
Good post rings. Its a crazy and screwed up country we are living in now

I agree ... I would advocate for a $9.00 mw eventually. Now, you might be right if they have a large family fort, but as I mentioned before, a single person with no kids can hardly survive off of the current mw and they make just enough to where they don't get any government assistance. They could also barely survive off $9 but at least it would help them a little.
It's not that difficult BW for a single person to make ends meet. They are only responsible for their own survival. They can:

a. get multiple jobs - many, including myself, have worked multiple jobs simultaneously while raising a family
b. stay at home with their parents whenever possible
c. join the military and get the service to help provide them with a job, skill acquisition, and continuing education (I received all my college during my 6 year enlistment)
d. Share a residence with multiple people contributing towards the financial arrangement
e. attain college student loans and better themselves academically while they try to figure out life
f. voluntarily intern in a field they wish to pursue
g. homeless singles get by OK through their panhandling efforts ($3/night to stay in a shelter) if they don't wish to pursue an honest day's wages.

This list is obviously not exhaustive. But, quit making excuses for the plight of the single and able-bodied. If they can't work, that's different. One usually gets what they seek (or reasonably closer to) dependent upon their creativity, initiative, perseverance, and effort.

Boomer Sooner

For a guy and his girlfriend with two kids all you have to do is follow these proven steps
1. Don't marry her!
3. The guy buys a house.
6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn't have to pay for familyinsurance.
12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims the other kid on their taxforms. Now both get to claim head of household at $1800 credit.
13. Girlfriend gets $1,800 a month disability for being "crazy" or having a "bad back" and never has to work again.
An *un*married couple with stay at home mom nets $21,600 disability+ $10,800 free housing + $6,000 free obamacare + $6,000 free food + $4,800 free utilities + $6,000 pell grant money to spend + $12,000 a year in college tuition free from pell grant + $8,800 tax benefit for being a single mother = $75,000 a year in benefits !
Any idea why the country is $18 trillion plus in debt and half the population is sitting on their ass letting the other half pay their way???*

If you doubt this...I've got someone close to me who has done this (maybe not quite to this extent, but very close)

I should be living FAR beyond the means of most people, but by virtue of the amount of taxes I pay (just federal), I am unable. I have a nice house, some land and some other investments but I've struggled to get where I am. I paid full price for my kids (IE school lunches), their health care and every thing else a lot of people get for free. I do feel like I am a bit higher class and look down on them, but I feel that is earned. I don't give a damn if they find that offensive (nor any of you for that matter).

Last edited:
It's not that difficult BW for a single person to make ends meet. They are only responsible for their own survival. They can:

a. get multiple jobs - many, including myself, have worked multiple jobs simultaneously while raising a family
b. stay at home with their parents whenever possible
c. join the military and get the service to help provide them with a job, skill acquisition, and continuing education (I received all my college during my 6 year enlistment)
d. Share a residence with multiple people contributing towards the financial arrangement
e. attain college student loans and better themselves academically while they try to figure out life
f. voluntarily intern in a field they wish to pursue
g. homeless singles get by OK through their panhandling efforts ($3/night to stay in a shelter) if they don't wish to pursue an honest day's wages.

This list is obviously not exhaustive. But, quit making excuses for the plight of the single and able-bodied. If they can't work, that's different. One usually gets what they seek (or reasonably closer to) dependent upon their creativity, initiative, perseverance, and effort.

Boomer Sooner
fort this is nothing personal, but you really just don't get it. Sure, all those things listed sound great, but in some areas and some situations it simply isn't possible. I know people that can work anyone on this board under the table but at a certain point in their life they just aren't able to do those things you have mentioned. All I'm asking is to be open minded and not to simply throw everyone into the same categories. For instance, a 70 yr old woman is not going to get multiple jobs or join the military. They work 40 hours per week, at min wage, don't qualify for any gov assistance, and can barely make enough money to live on. Not everyone is trying to take advantage of the system

Reactions: BillyRay
If you doubt this...I've got someone close to me who has done this (maybe not quite to this extent, but very close)

I should be living FAR beyond the means of most people, but by virtue of the amount of taxes I pay (just federal), I am unable. I have a nice house, some land and some other investments but I've struggled to get where I am. I paid full price for my kids (IE school lunches), their health care and every thing else a lot of people get for free. I do feel like I am a bit higher class and look down on them, but I feel that is earned. I don't give a damn if they find that offensive (nor any of you for that matter).
You look down on people because you are better off financially? wow

fort this is nothing personal, but you really just don't get it. Sure, all those things listed sound great, but in some areas and some situations it simply isn't possible. I know people that can work anyone on this board under the table but at a certain point in their life they just aren't able to do those things you have mentioned. All I'm asking is to be open minded and not to simply throw everyone into the same categories. For instance, a 70 yr old woman is not going to get multiple jobs or join the military. They work 40 hours per week, at min wage, don't qualify for any gov assistance, and can barely make enough money to live on. Not everyone is trying to take advantage of the system
And, I believe it is you that doesn't get it. Nothing personal. Apparent stalemate. Doesn't make me right.

One can make a can of tuna go a long way, if necessary. My aunt is in her 70's and lives by herself - and has so for the past 20+ years - receiving her Social Security benefit as her only source of income. Her house has 1 bedroom and was built during WWI. She refuses any family assistance and is fiercely independent. She eschews modern "luxuries" such as cable TV, cell phone, etc. She manages quite well. In fact, we have Thanksgiving often at her house where everyone contributes to the meal.

She makes wise decisions. She has a strict financial budget. She has a plan and makes it work. She's very happy.

I know there are no true absolutes. But, I do believe in Plan A, B, C, etc. Wishing one's situation will get better without a plan is short-sighted. Make a plan and move on it.

I have compassion for everyone and their situations. No one likes to see another suffer or fail But, excuses are often like buttholes as my Dad was fond of saying. We all have 'em and they all stink.

Boomer Sooner

Last edited:
And, I believe it is you that doesn't get it. Nothing personal. Apparent stalemate. Doesn't make me right.

One can make a can of tuna go a long way, if necessary. My aunt is in her 70's and lives by herself - and has so for the past 20+ years - receiving her Social Security benefit as her only source of income. Her house has 1 bedroom and was built during WWI. She refuses any family assistance and is fiercely independent. She eschews modern "luxuries" such as cable TV, cell phone, etc. She manages quite well. In fact, we have Thanksgiving often at her house where everyone contributes to the meal.

She makes wise decisions. She has a strict financial budget. She has a plan and makes it work. She's very happy.

I know there are no true absolutes. But, I do believe in Plan A, B, C, etc. Wishing one's situation will get better without a plan is short-sighted. Make a plan and move on it.

I have compassion for everyone and their situations. No one likes to see another suffer or fail But, excuses are often like buttholes as my Dad was fond of saying. We all have 'em and they all stink.

Boomer Sooner
She is lucky that she has ss benefits. Some don't have enough of those benefits to pay the bills so they have to work. We will just have to somewhat disagree on this issue. Nothing personal

1. Don't marry her!
3. The guy buys a house.

Rings, you got it right. This is the way to run a great country, right?

Just let those who work, play it straight pay for the freeloaders. The only problem with your plan is that when the good folks who work and pay the bills run out of money than the whole economy collapses around our collective ears.

And, let me add to the fire here, but white lives do count.

You look down on people because you are better off financially? wow

I look down on people who do this type of thing yes, but not because I'm better off necessarily, but because I pulled myself up and made a go of it and they game the system.

The hard working folks who scrape by to make a living and never complain about their lot in life nor take advantage of the system...I want to help those people. I know a lot of people in both situations.

I look down on people who do this type of thing yes, but not because I'm better off necessarily, but because I pulled myself up and made a go of it and they game the system.

The hard working folks who scrape by to make a living and never complain about their lot in life nor take advantage of the system...I want to help those people. I know a lot of people in both situations.
Maybe I misunderstood you zero. Nobody likes it when some people game the system for life. Not sure I agree on looking down on them but I can understand your aggravation. Maybe we should blame the system though and not necessarily those that use it

Maybe I misunderstood you zero. Nobody likes it when some people game the system for life. Not sure I agree on looking down on them but I can understand your aggravation. Maybe we should blame the system though and not necessarily those that use it

When it comes to the 'system', it is in place to assist people when they need help. I don't blame the system. One can be either a taker or maker and it's the individual that decides which to be. Some takers chose to become makers. Some simply don't. I blame those that don't.

This whole thread has got me thinking, and this is what I'm gonna do...

I'm going to hire an ACLU member financial attorney, (preferably Jewish) and we're going to see exactly what money making scams are available to a decidely white, Western European, natural born citizen like myself.
I'm not saying I'll use any of them for personal advantage, I still have to acknowledge my 'if you didn't earn it, you don't deserve it' value system that's instilled within me.

However, I would like to know how gravy it is to get 'free' money from this ignorant government.

I'll keep you all apprised of what I find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: fortworth4ou2
When it comes to the 'system', it is in place to assist people when they need help. I don't blame the system. One can be either a taker or maker and it's the individual that decides which to be. Some takers chose to become makers. Some simply don't. I blame those that don't.
The system makes it possible for people to take advantage of it. It rewards people who don't work or save money and should be revamped.

The system makes it possible for people to take advantage of it. It rewards people who don't work or save money and should be revamped.

That's not going to happen in our lifetime. If anything, more bennies are going to be offered. It's the character of the people that take advantage that need to be re-vamped. But that aint happening either.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
This whole thread has got me thinking, and this is what I'm gonna do...

I'm going to hire an ACLU member financial attorney, (preferably Jewish) and we're going to see exactly what money making scams are available to a decidely white, Western European, natural born citizen like myself.
I'm not saying I'll use any of them for personal advantage, I still have to acknowledge my 'if you didn't earn it, you don't deserve it' value system that's instilled within me.

However, I would like to know how gravy it is to get 'free' money from this ignorant government.

I'll keep you all apprised of what I find out.
You're an evil Republican fitty. The "system" will undoubtedly track this sin and not only will you be denied, the IRS will more than likely target you for an audit for, oh let's say, the past 40 years.;)

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT