ADVERTISEMENT

BYU @ 11:00 am CDT. Get your predictions down here

I think we are all just in aggrivation mode right now with the way this team is playing today. However even though the D comes up with big plays ( unlike in past years) the. Number of yards given up is a real head scratcher for what is expected of a BV D.

I think after UCF we all saw what was coming, still frustrating to watch most times.
And pretty much knew these last 2 games would be tight.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
I think it's just obvious that OU is good, but they are far away from being great or elite. They don't have the depth to overcome not having Gentry. I think having Stutsman constantly switching positions is hurting him, and he's definitely not healthy. #26 and Key are mid. I am hoping Key doesn't come back.

Good things, Sawchuck is definitely who we thought he was? Gibson, and Anderson are a legitimate amazing WR duo. Farooq and Stoops making tough catches. And with JA, for a guy that hasn't done anything in like 7 weeks, I thought he was fine, made some tough runs, obviously missed that one deep ball. And, he's probably the starter on a short week.

And, what if that was DG last game? Which would suck, if that's how he went out? Because, there's no way he plays against TCU. And, it's going to be tough for OU to make it to the Big 12 Championship game. And, would DG risk it injury for a meaningless bowl game? Because DG is probably a 4th rounder at this point.

I saw lack of effort on the defense. WAY to many times and OU DB, would have an arm or arms on a guy and the other DB's around pull up and not gang tackle...................that's 100% lack of effort. Get in there and finish them off

I liike DG but I can't see his draft projection being very high--maybe an undrafted free agent. If Gabriel comes back we'll probably see Arnold transfer.

Gabriel does not have the talent to beat out Arnold with another year under his belt. DG is a very solid average CF QB but that's it. Not very accurate, weak arm and that hitch of his, will never let him be great. If DG comes back, he will be the #2 QB.

Gabriel does not have the talent to beat out Arnold with another year under his belt. DG is a very solid average CF QB but that's it. Not very accurate, weak arm and that hitch of his, will never let him be great. If DG comes back, he will be the #2 QB.

Yet we sure missed him in that 2nd half.

Everybody so critical of Gabriel not being perfect has lost sight of the truth that we're better this season with him at QB than Arnold.

Drake Stoops sure missed Dillon after halftime.

Reactions: 22LR and WP76
Yet we sure missed him in that 2nd half.

Everybody so critical of Gabriel not being perfect has lost sight of the truth that we're better this season with him at QB than Arnold.

Drake Stoops sure missed Dillon after halftime.

Gabriel is not bad but give Arnold 2 weeks with the #1 and the offense will improve, JA is Jason White before he blew out his knees. Let him run drills everyday with Stoops, he was playing HS ball just 11 months ago, JA will have growing pains but if he stays healthy and gets the experience. I have zero doubt he will better then DG, He's faster, he has a much stronger arm, he doesn't have that hitch DG has. Had JA been the starter all season, even as a true freshman, I think OU offense would be better today. and yes I think we would've lost at least 1 or 2 of those close games but I also think we would've beat KU, with Arnold.

I like DG but he's an average QB, with average talent, that flashes some good play and even has a few great plays.

Last edited:
Keep

BYU is a bad team, and OU won the turnover battle 3-0 yet barely won the game. That speaks volumes. When you win the turnover battle 3-0 against a bad team, it should be a blowout.
We seem to have a bad habit of making teams look better than they are. Can it be Coaching? It goes all the way back to Stoops so I don't think its Coaching. If not, what is it?

It’s the big fat target on our unis, and everyone else’s superbowl.

Little brother losing 21-9 Houston currently

I liike DG but I can't see his draft projection being very high--maybe an undrafted free agent. If Gabriel comes back we'll probably see Arnold transfer.
Dillion's draft stock is 4th to 5th round, he's not coming back for another season, and if he did? He'd be the one transferring. JA is 1000% the starter next season, unless he gets a injury.

Gabriel is not bad but give Arnold 2 weeks with the #1 and the offense will improve, JA is Jason White before he blew out his knees. Let him run drills everyday with Stoops, he was playing HS ball just 11 months ago. JA will have growing pains but if he stays healthy and gets the experience. I have zero doubt he will be at least better then DG, He's faster, he has a much stronger arm, he doesn't have that hitch DG has. Had JA been the starter all season, even as a true freshman, I think he would and OU offense would be better today. and yes I think we would've lost at least 1 or 2 of those close games but I also think we would've beat KU, with Arnold.

I like DG but he's an average QB, with average talent, that flashes some good play and even has a few great plays.
Yeah, I guess people think you find players like Caleb Williams all the time? I think JA is going to be great, but expecting him to just come off the bench and torch a defense, after not playing at all for 2 months is absurd.

He's definitely going to start Friday. I want to see how he looks, with him being planned as the starter, getting all the 1's reps, and playing on actually good field condition.

Yeah, I guess people think you find players like Caleb Williams all the time? I think JA is going to be great, but expecting him to just come off the bench and torch a defense, after not playing at all for 2 months is absurd.

He's definitely going to start Friday. I want to see how he looks, with him being planned as the starter, getting all the 1's reps, and playing on actually good field condition.

Who is saying any of that? He replied to me and you replied to him so logical follows that you are asserting that's my position. I haven't said anything remotely close to that and you are aware of that.

My point is simple, we're better with Gabriel this season. It's a fact.

17-17 against BYU, BV should be embarrassed. so I guess the standard under BV tenure is to struggle on the road. should be fun heading into the SEC.
Honest question, is BV the lunatic assassin type he was known to be as coordinator at OU and Clemson or is he the positive vibe guy with the players? I kinda get the feeling he is not the hard-ass we knew and loved. The defense is regressing and injuries etc. I understand but damn.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Honest question, is BV the lunatic assassin type he was known to be as coordinator at OU and Clemson or is he the positive vibe guy with the players? I kinda get the feeling he is not the hard-ass we knew and loved. The defense is regressing and injuries etc. I understand but damn.

I think he is but he's kind of caught, he doesn't have "his" players yet. BV is a front 7 guy and he needs those really good to great Dlinemen, we have decent Dlinemen but nothing really good, we do have depth and that's helped. A typical Great VB defense has at least one great Dlinemen and one great DE, with good solid mixed in. He will always have at least one very good LB. His DB's will play aggressive and that gets him in trouble, every once in awhile but not as much when he was at Clemson. The Cheetah, is the 2nd most important guy on the field for BV and injuries have really show just how much, that position means to a great BV defense.
So now he has to hype average players and try and get the best out of them. We have some really talented young DB's and that will keep going. The best DB in the world, will lose coverage if the QB has all day. And not being able to count on the cheetah, to spy a mobile QB or waste Stutsman, when he gets the call.

If BV gets some of aTm Dlinemen in the portal, watch how much his defense improves. It all starts upfront and BV will get the guys, he just hasn't got them on campus...................yet.

I think he is but he's kind of caught, he doesn't have "his" players yet. BV is a front 7 guy and he needs those really good to great Dlinemen, we have decent Dlinemen but nothing really good, we do have depth and that's helped. A typical Great VB defense has at least one great Dlinemen and one great DE, with good solid mixed in. He will always have at least one very good LB. His DB's will play aggressive and that gets him in trouble, every once in awhile but not as much when he was at Clemson. The Cheetah, is the 2nd most important guy on the field for BV and injuries have really show just how much, that position means to a great BV defense.
So now he has to hype average players and try and get the best out of them. We have some really talented young DB's and that will keep going. The best DB in the world, will lose coverage if the QB has all day. And not being able to count on the cheetah, to spy a mobile QB or waste Stutsman, when he gets the call.

If BV gets some of aTm Dlinemen in the portal, watch how much his defense improves. It all starts upfront and BV will get the guys, he just hasn't got them on campus...................yet.
Yep, been saying it for a while now, need some studs on D.

For those that want to downgrade JA play today here is something to think about. A quote from Gibson. Not everyone shines in his first meaningful playing time but its the the little things that shows he has the tools to be great.

What I expected. Oh well. 🤣

2pdXIS.gif

I don't think I've ever heard someone whine as much as Carey Murdock, after a win? He's such a crybaby. He feels closer to the kind of fan who thinks the entire team sucks, because an opposing team completed a 5 yard pass.

Committee, AP, Coaches polls are all just really shit polls that has bias attached to them. Each and every week the committee moves the goal post and feed the fans full of BS. Nothing will change when they move to 12 next year. Bias will still exist.
My man, you got my gist. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT