ADVERTISEMENT

BYU @ 11:00 am CDT. Get your predictions down here

I remember when we played Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl at 9 a.m. It was cold in Dallas. I had great seats. The two offenses combined for one touchdown. 10-3. Roy Williams made about the best defensive play I've ever seen. Arky had a druggie, but incredibly fast quarterback who ran the option. Roy took the quarterback, then tackled the pitch man for a loss. You're not supposed to be able to do that.

That OU team had maybe the best defense of the Stoops era, but injuries decimated the offensive line. That was the year of Superman, but Texas represented the South after OSU upset us in Norman. Then Colorado outscored Texas in the CCG. That was the biggest year of the Applewhite-Simms qb challenges in Austin.

I expect a little more offense tomorrow.

I think this is the ultimate trap game. BYU hasn't been very good on the road. But until last week, they've been pretty good at home. They've been pointing to this game. And they've been missing four key players, including their quarterback, who are supposed to be back tomorrow. So anybody including our players, who look at their recent performances, and sees substandard, might be deceived about how good BYU can be.

I saw Gabe and some of the other OU type media guys, predict an OU blowout. I don't expect anything close to that. I expect a close, loseable game. And frankly, we've sucked in true road conference games.

I think this is the ultimate trap game. BYU hasn't been very good on the road. But until last week, they've been pretty good at home. They've been pointing to this game. And they've been missing four key players, including their quarterback, who are supposed to be back tomorrow. So anybody including our players, who look at their recent performances, and sees substandard, might be deceived about how good BYU can be.

I saw Gabe and some of the other OU type media guys, predict an OU blowout. I don't expect anything close to that. I expect a close, loseable game. And frankly, we've sucked in true road conference games.
I think we are an above avg team at best this year. Which is a considerable improvement from last year. If we play our A\-A game we should be fine even if BYU does the same. Anything else, all bets are off.

I remember when we played Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl at 9 a.m. It was cold in Dallas. I had great seats. The two offenses combined for one touchdown. 10-3. Roy Williams made about the best defensive play I've ever seen. Arky had a druggie, but incredibly fast quarterback who ran the option. Roy took the quarterback, then tackled the pitch man for a loss. You're not supposed to be able to do that.

That OU team had maybe the best defense of the Stoops era, but injuries decimated the offensive line. That was the year of Superman, but Texas represented the South after OSU upset us in Norman. Then Colorado outscored Texas in the CCG. That was the biggest year of the Applewhite-Simms qb challenges in Austin.

I can't remember the punters name for OU that year but his parents were sitting behind me, when he whiffed that punt that lead to the 3 points. I complained about it being a horrible punt and his family let me know that was their son and brother. His brother went on to kick for OU as well. It was weird going to the Cotton Bowl without the Fair going and single digits temps.

BYU is playing their 6th and 7th deep safeties. There are other depleted positions too with several walk-ons playing, but the safeties alone tell me this is going to be an OU footrace rout. 49-10.

Reactions: iasooner2000
BYU is also missing 2 of their starting interior DLinemen. Look for the running game to get going early, just need to protect the football with the pending bad weather. Hope to see a Perine vs Kansas type of day.

I think it's unquestionably the best defense of the Stoops era. Here are just a few names:

Dusty Dvoracek
Tommie Harris
Roy Williams
Rocky Calmus
Teddy Lehman
Derrick Strait
Antonio Perkins
Brandon Everage

Felt like this was gonna be one of those games as soon as the schedule was released. Gotta survive. Hopefully the defense will adjust but man we need some difference makes on the defensive line.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
They asked a question on television earlier about 5 Sooners that we #1 overall. Mayfield, Murray, Bradford and who else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT