ADVERTISEMENT

WOKElahoma - July 24, 2019

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
*Ok, so it's been an interesting week to be sure and I'll try and walk a fine line between WOKE and not ruining too much info for the Scoop.

However, the thing I'll start with is the situation at wide receiver. Oklahoma has a lot of balls in the air with Brian Darby being about the only thing that feels like a constant at the moment.

First of all, I've got no reason to think anything is changing with Trevon West but when things are as quiet as they are, it always feels like something could happen. I don't know why, the whole thing just feels off to me. But to my knowledge Oklahoma is happy to have him as part of the class.

Now, my impression is that Oklahoma has one more spot at receiver with three guys seeming to be vying for the spot. Those players are four-star Rome Odunze, three-star Marvin Mims, and Rivals100 star Gary Bryant Jr.

Bryant and Oklahoma seem to be in great shape but USC and Washington are very real threats to his situation. We'll see what happens but nothing feels that immediate. Odunze, is a bit more of an unknown but we're going to see how things play out after his visit this weekend.

Mims, feels like a guy that has Oklahoma very high on his list but there just isn't much evidence of the Sooners pushing that hard at this moment.

So if the Sooners were to have a shot to land Odunze, say this weekend, would they really walk away from Bryant? It's tough to see as he is a nice compliment to the other talent they've landed as of late.

All in all, it's a tangled web I'm still sorting my way through, but keep an eye on it.

**I have been brain storming on a few of my 20 bold predictions for the 2019 season and thought I'd offer a few of the worst, if for no other reason than some comedic relief.

-Charleston Rambo lands over 18-yards per catch.

Yeah, I like many of you got too far out there on the 'Alabama catch' train. Rambo is a fast guy but I got a little berserk. I mean, Marquise Brown didn't even put that together last year.

-Delarrin Turner-Yell will account for 10 total turnovers this year.

I'm still not sure I won't come back tot his...#mancrush.

-Oklahoma will lose both of it's starting running backs to the NFL draft this year.

I think with a decent season Trey Sermon is very likely, his running style breeds the need to get to the NFL and get money while it's there to be had. Kennedy Brooks, in my opinion, would be better served with another year of physical development.

***I know, I know...I'll be shaving my head if need be and I'm starting to think...I'll need to.

But I'm going to go ahead and make my picks on the two starting fives of the most intrigue this season. But I'm not talking season opener, I'm talking what happens when the team has really measured things out and hit its stride.

CB - Tre Brown
NB - Brendan Radley-Hiles
S - Pat Fields
S - Delarrin Turner-Yell
CB - Jaden Davis

LT - Brey Walker
LG - R.J. Proctor
C - Creed Humphrey
RG - Marquis Hayes
RT - Adrian Ealy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts