ADVERTISEMENT

When Someone looks at the OU-KSU team stats they would say why was the game so close?

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
The stats indicate a much bigger OU win

!st Downs.....OU 28 KSU 18

Total Yards OU 619 KSU 412

Passing Yards OU 410 KSU 144

Rushing Yards OU 209 KSU 268

Turnovers OU 2 KSU 2

Time of Possessiom OU 32:49 KSU 27:11

Dr. Jekkyl and Mr. Hyde's defense held KSU to only 20 plays, giving up 105 total yards (-21 in lost yards for 86 net yards) and 2 TDs after halftime. KSU had a 75-yard drive and a 13 yard drive (due to a muffed punt snap) to score, but outside of that, OU shut them down in the second half. Why did it take Mike a whole half of football to figure out how to stop their QB run game??? :mad:

Reactions: iasooner1
The stats indicate a much bigger OU win

!st Downs.....OU 28 KSU 18

Total Yards OU 619 KSU 412

Passing Yards OU 410 KSU 144

Rushing Yards OU 209 KSU 268

Turnovers OU 2 KSU 2

Time of Possessiom OU 32:49 KSU 27:11

That’s a very good question, Bull. How do you explain having to score the winning TD in the last seconds of the game with these stats? When it’s this close the stats don’t mean a lot sometimes.

That’s a very good question, Bull. How do you explain having to score the winning TD in the last seconds of the game with these stats?

Turnovers. Baker's endzone pick was a fluke and the punter not handling the ball was pathetic (and kill the Wildcat and Murray plays already).

What is not a fluke is us being #84 in turnover margin for the year - that's all on the D, especially our 92nd pass D. When they aren;t giving up huge plays they aren't ball-hawking either. In just basic turnovers gained we are tied with 11 other teams at #104 in the country. 3 picks on the year.

Reactions: iasooner1
That’s a very good question, Bull. How do you explain having to score the winning TD in the last seconds of the game with these stats? When it’s this close the stats don’t mean a lot sometimes.

Despite our stats I think it was our Red zone failures like the ridiculous wildcat formations & also Baker's interception in the end zone.

There were also 2 wildcat formations plays that also failed when we had 3rd & 4th down plays on about KSU's 29 yard line with only 2 yards to make a first down. .

I hope this OU wildcat formation is now in the trash can to not again be used this season.

I thought teams that use the wildcat use it when they are not capable of or have confidence in the O line to pick up a short yard or 2? We have done this in the past when the offense could not pick up a yard or 2.

Turnovers. Baker's endzone pick was a fluke and the punter not handling the ball was pathetic (and kill the Wildcat and Murray plays already).

What is not a fluke is us being #84 in turnover margin for the year - that's all on the D, especially our 92nd pass D. When they aren;t giving up huge plays they aren't ball-hawking either. In just basic turnovers gained we are tied with 11 other teams at #104 in the country. 3 picks on the year.

That is obnoxious. How on Earth does Mike make it to next season? Sorry Mike, thanks for the years I guess but no hard feelings. Good luck to you in whatever you do. I don't see how anyone could be worried about hiring someone else. How could it get any worse? What we are witnessing is just not acceptable at OU but its not acceptable at most other schools either. Every year he stays is another year of setback in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT