ADVERTISEMENT

What is OU's record when favored since 2001

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Compared to other major universities. Where would you go to find that stat the easiest way? I wonder how OU ranks in that category. It can't be real good. So does that mean that parity actually exist? And, that any team can lose on any given Saturday? If so, how many times are acceptable? Or, just maybe OU has been overrated more times than other teams. I was confident today that OU would win, but I'm really not surprised when the Sooners lose anymore. I don't think they suck. I just think that everyone including the media thinks too much of Oklahoma because percentage-wise we win a lot. But the stat that the Game Day folks touted today was an eye opener. "Since 1989, Texas is 5-2 when unranked and playing a ranked OU team"....make that 6-2 now. That freaking blows my mind. Then I think about all the times OU has lost as a favorite....then again, what is OU's record as an underdog? Off the top of my head, I would say pretty good, especially when it counts....like against Florida State and Alabama. This is borderline 'non sequitur', bc.

Stoops all time record at OU when favored is 158-31 (.836). I'm pretty certain all 31 losses began with OSU in 2001. I believe Switzer had 16 such losses. I'm looking into it.

OSU 2001 was Stoop's first "how could this possibly happen?" loss. This type loss has become an annual blemish except for 2008.

Stoops record as an underdog is 14-14 (.500).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT