ADVERTISEMENT

What If?

Senior Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 1, 2003
Got this, today, from a Friend. I think he needs to get a Day Job, but Stranger Things have happened...

The nightmare in my head…
The University of Oklahoma listens to all the fans that say fire all coaches. Mike goes somewhere. Bob goes to LSU and takes Riley with him. Mayfield transfers to LSU to play his last season for Bob. Perine and Mixon go pro. A few other good players transfer and we lose 75% of our recruiting class. We get a coach that has to rebuild everything and we are back to hope we can beat Fexas and OSwho and we will be happy. Is it a nightmare or could that really happen? Be careful what you wish for. It could turn around and bite you in the butt.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
What if Bob retires after this season and the next HC brings us a couple of National Titles during the next 10 yrs? I get what he is saying though SS. You never know what will happen when change comes but on the flipside of worrying about a change for the worse it can also be a change for the better, its always a gamble.
And, realistically, it may be time for changes...

I think they know better than to listen to the fans. If they did, we would have several coaches every season. Us armchair coaches are just a tough breed :D

They do listen to the fans albeit big money boosters that is. I bet quite a few of them had something to do with Les being canned.

Got this, today, from a Friend. I think he needs to get a Day Job, but Stranger Things have happened...

The nightmare in my head…
The University of Oklahoma listens to all the fans that say fire all coaches. Mike goes somewhere. Bob goes to LSU and takes Riley with him. Mayfield transfers to LSU to play his last season for Bob. Perine and Mixon go pro. A few other good players transfer and we lose 75% of our recruiting class. We get a coach that has to rebuild everything and we are back to hope we can beat Fexas and OSwho and we will be happy. Is it a nightmare or could that really happen? Be careful what you wish for. It could turn around and bite you in the butt.
Turning around and biting the fans in the butt would depend how a situation like that would work out in the long haul. Short term, ya that would suck. That would make for prolly a few VERY rough football seasons. But JoeC could also make a great hire that can come in and utilize the talent already on campus and end up taking OU to a level that Bob may never attain again. But the risk is also the next coach could come in and be a complete flop. It's a gamble for sure.

We were in the final 4 last year. this year is yet to be determined.........

raw

Stoops and company have forgot to teach our players since last year......
Has more to do with not having the replacements for the players that left from last years team, ready to step up this year. Ohio State put on a CLINIC in Norman on how you have young players ready to step on the field. OU seems it takes a full season or more to achieve the same results.

Has more to do with not having the replacements for the players that left from last years team, ready to step up this year. Ohio State put on a CLINIC in Norman on how you have young players ready to step on the field. OU seems it takes a full season or more to achieve the same results.

HA! Those buckeyes really showed up in last years final four....This is to easy.....

I just want Mike and Bob to get the D turned around. I can't think about the "what if's" right now. Maybe after TCU I'll be more willing to participate... ;)

HA! Those buckeyes really showed up in last years final four....This is to easy.....

Final polls... AP #4 Coaches #4 and 12-1 following 14-1 NC year, 12-2 before that, 12-0 in first year... So he is currently 53-4 with an argument that he might have a team that could've won three of the last four NC's given the opportunity...

Too easy for what?? You think one season makes or breaks what Meyer is doing up there at Ohio State?? Ohio State returned 6 total starters from last season (3 offense, 3 defense), and just came into Norman and embarrassed OU that had to fill some key spots from last year. From watching the OU-OSU game, you would have sworn it was OU that had returned only 6 starters.

The year before Meyer won a National Title with a lot of those players.

Not surprising though since your reply had zero to do with what my post was talking about anyways.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Excuse me. They didn't make the final four last year. I thought they reloaded every year and becomes the great team Jim Grobe would be proud of. Harbaugh may have something to say about that....

Excuse me. They didn't make the final four last year. I thought they reloaded every year and becomes the great team Jim Grobe would be proud of. Harbaugh may have something to say about that....
Is this even a serious post??

I will say this, Ohio State actually had a more legit case to get into the playoff than OU did last year. Ohio State lost late to #9 Michigan State. OU got beaten by a pathetic unranked Texas team.....early!! Politics more than anything kept Ohio State out IMO.

The committee decided other wise. I'll trust them over you.
I will certainly trust their judgement this year when OU is left out. Then again...they prolly learned their lesson last year when OU got manhandled. I'm sure more than one had a little regret while watching Clemson rip OU a new one for the 2nd year in a row.

I'm so sick of the whining on all the Sooner boards. Stoops and the staff have another game Saturday and the team is trying to improve. The fans are going to whine about it all season. I have time to waste, I guess some of you have a lot more. Some of you are obsessed with this Stoops situation. Patience grasshoppers you might be right or you might be very wrong. Billy was gushing over the new staffs recruiting ability, comparing it to the previous staff. Now he wants to convince us to fire Bob and make changes. Entitlement isn't logical. We wouldn't have made the final 4 if TCU and Baylor had not lost their quarterbacks. I heard that from Sooners as much as anyone. I've heard of fans making excuses for losing. Well we have some fans that make excuses for winning now. I hope none of the recruits read these post. I imagine some recruits dads do.

I'm so sick of the whining on all the Sooner boards. Stoops and the staff have another game Saturday and the team is trying to improve. The fans are going to whine about it all season. I have time to waste, I guess some of you have a lot more. Some of you are obsessed with this Stoops situation. Patience grasshoppers you might be right or you might be very wrong. Billy was gushing over the new staffs recruiting ability, comparing it to the previous staff. Now he wants to convince us to fire Bob and make changes. Entitlement isn't logical. We wouldn't have made the final 4 if TCU and Baylor had not lost their quarterbacks. I heard that from Sooners as much as anyone. I've heard of fans making excuses for losing. Well we have some fans that make excuses for winning now. I hope none of the recruits read these post. I imagine some recruits dads do.

Observing and acknowledging that which you observe is better than burying your head in the collective asses of those who don't understand how mediocrity is better than sliced bread, no?

...Or their Mothers...Women can read, too...

Reactions: JConXtsy
People that don't believe.............

giphy.gif
Pretty solid entree there.
All the gnashing of teeth is an exercise in futility really.
Lot of negative energy here.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT