ADVERTISEMENT

Westbrook

PLS, what I'm saying is that these problems involving players are occurring too often.
Who's guilty or not guilty is another issue.
True, yet these so called "problems" were before he left high school, and apparently weren't a problem as far as the prosecutor was concerned...

Nice how the Tulsa World and Jenni Carlson can do the "vetting" better...

Reactions: iasooner1
I do know from experience that a woman will hit you to try and get you mad enough to hit her so she can call the police. My ex did that to me while we were separated. No matter how mad I was at that moment I showed restraint and saw right through what she was doing and did not hit her back, I was not raised that way. I guess some people under different circumstances and temperment might react differently and do but it does not make it right. Not for me to decide if Dede did it or not, if he did I hope he learned a valuable lesson and moves on with his life and never does it again. Thats about all one can hope for but if he did not do it the damage is done, people will never look at him the same whether he did it or not because of the Court of Public Opinion he is already guilty in some peoples eyes. Bad deal either way.

No excuse for ever hitting a woman. Its the society we live in today, people overlook a lot more things than they used to. I also cannot ever remember a time when players talk as much smack on the field as we see today, it seems to get worse every year. Is it parenting? Is it because of coaching when they are younger up thru HS that allow more of this than they did when I was growing up? My coaches never put up with it, even the refs during a game would not put up with even a curse word, you would get a warning and then the next one would be an unsportsmanlike penalty. I have not been around HS sports since back then back in the 80's so for those that have is it a lot different now than then as far as conduct on the field and off is concerned? Maybe we just hear more about it now because of social media I don't know.

Don' give me that sanctimonious self righteous bull shit about there in never an excuse to hit a woman. If you were a black 18 year old male that was slapped, spit on, and called the N word can you say with absolute certainty you wouldn't lash it and hit that woman.

Don' give me that sanctimonious self righteous bull shit about there in never an excuse to hit a woman. If you were a black 18 year old male that was slapped, spit on, and called the N word can you say with absolute certainty you wouldn't lash it and hit that woman.
This sounds like a bigger and weaker excuse to hit a woman. Assaulting someone, especially a woman, for SAYING something is akin to assaulting someone for flipping you off or calling you something even worse.
As with what OUSOONER67 pointed out when his ex attacked him, and what I chose to do when my ex came after me, you have to show restraint because of the devastating repercussions that will follow if you hit back. Besides, why lower yourself to that level ?
Mixon will have this awful event on his resume and his legacy forever, fairly or unfairly. Amelia Molitor will too, along with possible physical threats for her alleged provocation on a high profile star football player.

This sounds like a bigger and weaker excuse to hit a woman. Assaulting someone, especially a woman, for SAYING something is akin to assaulting someone for flipping you off or calling you something even worse.
As with what OUSOONER67 pointed out when his ex attacked him, and what I chose to do when my ex came after me, you have to show restraint because of the devastating repercussions that will follow if you hit back. Besides, why lower yourself to that level ?
Mixon will have this awful event on his resume and his legacy forever, fairly or unfairly. Amelia Molitor will too, along with possible physical threats for her alleged provocation on a high profile star football player.
Good post CT

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT