ADVERTISEMENT

Westbrook

Yeah, Dede had a bad past in which he admitted during his interview live Saturday night. So here are the details for all to see. He appears to have put it behind him, and evidently Bob Stoops feels he has. He will be drafted and this could cost him, but if he does what we Sooner fans want him to do as s pro, he can recover any money that this cost him. This article doesn't change a thing.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Find it interesting that these incidents surface after he becomes a star. From what I read on the TW article, he was not indicted on any of them. TW not only trashes Dede, but Bob Stoops and OU. It's everything that's wrong about the media. Not defending Dede's actions but bringing this out after he becomes a star, come on.

Reactions: Oklabama
That's the kind of sh*t that happens when you have babies while you are still a child. He has three. Three. I think he had already had two when he got to Blinn. That's the real f$%$^d up part of the story, but nobody wants to talk about it. The reason they call them "baby mommas" and "baby daddies" is because they aren't suitable to be wives and husbands. Pop out another and the check from the government gets bigger, as do the food stamps and the WIC vouchers. So we incentivize behavior that exponentially perpetuates the problem.

And we treat it like it's normal.

Because it is.

That's the kind of sh*t that happens when you have babies while you are still a child. He has three. Three. I think he had already had two when he got to Blinn. That's the real f$%$^d up part of the story, but nobody wants to talk about it. The reason they call them "baby mommas" and "baby daddies" is because they aren't suitable to be wives and husbands. Pop out another and the check from the government gets bigger, as do the food stamps and the WIC vouchers. So we incentivize behavior that exponentially perpetuates the problem.

And we treat it like it's normal.

Because it is.

Thank you for your willingness to tell it like it is. I felt the same thing but wasn't willing to make a statement because I didn't want to appear being judgmental. I regret it. Until we admit this is a problem that is bad for the unwed parents, the children and frankly for the taxpayers it will only get worst. Nothing will change unless welfare is curbed but of course that's not going to happen because innocent children are involved. Classic "catch 22".

UT isn't even good enough to be the best football team in the UT School system.

At least UTSA is going to the Cameilla Bowl. UT-Austin is sitting at home with nothing to do.

Edit: It is the New Mexico Bowl. Sorry to slight the mighty Roadrunners who at least managed to win 50% of their games.

Last edited:
We have to keep in mind that roughly 98% of Texas fans are arrogant, excuse making, hypocritical, douche nozzles. Seeing as that they've hired Tom Herman, who's Houston Cougars defeated us in September, they will essentially view that as "them" beating us, which would explain a few of the nozzles showing up after months of absence.

Coach Tom Herman, who in September, admonished the Sooners for 'eating steak and lobster' is signing for at least $5 million per year, or over $416,000 per game.

Nice hypocrisy!

Reactions: iasooner1
Coach Tom Herman, who in September, admonished the Sooners for 'eating steak and lobster' is signing for at least $5 million per year, or over $416,000 per game.

Nice hypocrisy!

$5M. And never have won one single Power Conference game. "Has the whole world gone CRAZY. Am I the only one around here that gives a shit about the rules?".

Nice hypocrisy!
He didn't admonish the Sooners for eating steak and lobster. He told the story about how he couldn't afford that kind of meal at the time, so he ordered a cheeseburger. In the end that entire table split the total check and he paid 150 bucks for a cheeseburger.

But even so...does that mean that guy should turn down bigtime money of a school with pockets as deep as Texas wants to pay him?? Wouldn't make the guy a hypocrite even if your version of the story was true.

He didn't admonish the Sooners for eating steak and lobster. He told the story about how he couldn't afford that kind of meal at the time, so he ordered a cheeseburger. In the end that entire table split the total check and he paid 150 bucks for a cheeseburger.

But even so...does that mean that guy should turn down bigtime money of a school with pockets as deep as Texas wants to pay him?? Wouldn't make the guy a hypocrite even if your version of the story was true.

cool story bro, here's the quote and source, which you tried to do and failed to read the whole thing:

"When we were out practicing in a monsoon, they were practicing in their $50 million indoor [facility] and eating steak and lobster. They ain't been through what we've been through."

—Tom Herman, Tuesday, Aug. 30

Do us both a favor and put me on ignore.

Last edited:
cool story bro, here's the quote and source:

"When we were out practicing in a monsoon, they were practicing in their $50 million indoor [facility] and eating steak and lobster. They ain't been through what we've been through."

—Tom Herman, Tuesday, Aug. 30

Do us both a favor and put me on ignore.
Here ya go,

To show how far the Cougars and their coach have come, Herman tells a story about recruiting in Dallas as an assistant at Texas State in 2006. He got an invitation to have dinner at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse with a group that included Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops. Herman, who made about $42,000 at the time, couldn't afford the meal, so he ordered a cheeseburger and drank water while, as he recalls, Stoops and his crew ate lobster tails and filets and drank $200 bottles of red wine. At the end, Stoops suggested everyone throw down a credit card to split the bill. Herman chipped in an equal share, $150, before calling his wife to apologize. "There's no way," Herman says, "I could be that guy [splitting the check] in front of Bob Stoops."

Even so...that's admonishing the OU staff for eating steak and lobster?? I mean I know you are wanting to conjure up a fairy tale here, but stop trying to create a drama bomb over something that wasn't.

Now instead of trying to dictate to others who they should put on ignore, maybe you should manage your own ignore list. Since apparently you get easily butthurt when your version of stories don't get taken at face value on here.

But before you do that, explain to the rest of the board how Herman is now a hypocrite for accepting a HUGE salary from a program that is more than willing to dole it out?? Herman worked his ass off the last 10 years since that story happened, but according to YOU, he is a hypocrite for enjoying the fruits of his hard work.

On second thought...you really just come off as embarrassingly jealous of Herman.

You try to recover by essentially quoting the source (which I cited), and ignored the point I based my entire comment on.

I also don't publicly make any comments citing how tough I have it compared to my adversaries, and then take a job that puts me in an even higher pay-grade. The enemy isn't the paycheck, it is disingenuousity behind it.

Please. Do not read my posts, ever. You are obviously way outta my league, super fan.

You try to recover by essentially quoting the source (which I cited), and ignored the point I based my entire comment on.

I also don't publicly make any comments citing how tough I have it compared to my adversaries, and then take a job that puts me in an even higher pay-grade. The enemy isn't the paycheck, it is disingenuousity behind it.

Please. Do not read my posts, ever. You are obviously way outta my league, super fan.
No, your point had zero validity that Herman was somehow admonishing the OU coaches. This is like a reality TV show, where they try and turn nothing into the biggest drama bomb ever. And now somehow Herman is disingenuous how for stating a fact his team prolly did have to endure harsher conditions that the OU team. So Herman is disingenuous for pointing that out?? I think Herman proved his point when he kicked Bob's ass to open the season.

Like I said...sounds like you are still embarrassingly jealous....or bitter....LOL

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Everybody playing their angles. I'm sure once upon a time Bob sat in some rough spots.

If Herman was really that turned out by that fateful dinner, maybe he can keep it in mind if he's ever aware of another guy still climbing from the bottom in tough spot. I highly doubt Bob was aware of Herman's choice to eat a burger or drink water.

Make the best out of the bad, just laugh it off...
You didn't have to come here anyway...
So remember, every picture tells a story don't it...

Here ya go,

To show how far the Cougars and their coach have come, Herman tells a story about recruiting in Dallas as an assistant at Texas State in 2006. He got an invitation to have dinner at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse with a group that included Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops. Herman, who made about $42,000 at the time, couldn't afford the meal, so he ordered a cheeseburger and drank water while, as he recalls, Stoops and his crew ate lobster tails and filets and drank $200 bottles of red wine. At the end, Stoops suggested everyone throw down a credit card to split the bill. Herman chipped in an equal share, $150, before calling his wife to apologize. "There's no way," Herman says, "I could be that guy [splitting the check] in front of Bob Stoops."

Even so...that's admonishing the OU staff for eating steak and lobster?? I mean I know you are wanting to conjure up a fairy tale here, but stop trying to create a drama bomb over something that wasn't.

Now instead of trying to dictate to others who they should put on ignore, maybe you should manage your own ignore list. Since apparently you get easily butthurt when your version of stories don't get taken at face value on here.

But before you do that, explain to the rest of the board how Herman is now a hypocrite for accepting a HUGE salary from a program that is more than willing to dole it out?? Herman worked his ass off the last 10 years since that story happened, but according to YOU, he is a hypocrite for enjoying the fruits of his hard work.

On second thought...you really just come off as embarrassingly jealous of Herman.

Damn I never heard that story. We can blame bob for coaching so poorly and for the karma bomb. I cannot imagine Bob not picking up the bill in most situations with his salary. Extremely tacky on his part.

Damn I never heard that story. We can blame bob for coaching so poorly and for the karma bomb. I cannot imagine Bob not picking up the bill in most situations with his salary. Extremely tacky on his part.

I'm sure he was mostly surrounded by guys who are paid rather handsomely as well.

Milam County DA's office never prosecuted the case. There wasn't enough evidence. The court of public opinion and Jenni Carlson can kick rocks...

People make mistakes in life. What one learns from those mistakes is what truly defines them as a person. It's like being a FORD... to be First On Race Day, sometimes you have to Fix Or Repair Daily...

Last edited:
Journalist and the media themselves just cant get out of their own way. Its like they just enjoy trying to ruin peoples lives.

I get it that players like Westbrook and Mixon are big news to them but quite honestly I wonder what skeletons these journalist have of their own.

Thats why I could never be famous or run for any type of political office, I don't want anyone digging too deep into my past. :rolleyes:

Fairly or unfairly, reports of Sooner players and their misdeeds involving women are excessive.
And while I don't read or hear about the details, I sure read and hear some bullschit excuses.

No excuse for ever hitting a woman. Its the society we live in today, people overlook a lot more things than they used to. I also cannot ever remember a time when players talk as much smack on the field as we see today, it seems to get worse every year. Is it parenting? Is it because of coaching when they are younger up thru HS that allow more of this than they did when I was growing up? My coaches never put up with it, even the refs during a game would not put up with even a curse word, you would get a warning and then the next one would be an unsportsmanlike penalty. I have not been around HS sports since back then back in the 80's so for those that have is it a lot different now than then as far as conduct on the field and off is concerned? Maybe we just hear more about it now because of social media I don't know.

No, there isn't. There's also no excuse for a lot of things, such as determining that a person is guilty of something that they were never even prosecuted for...

I always find it interesting when the "victim" has a LOT to add to the story months after the initial arrest...

No, there isn't. There's also no excuse for a lot of things, such as determining that a person is guilty of something that they were never even prosecuted for...

I always find it interesting when the "victim" has a LOT to add to the story months after the initial arrest...
PLS, what I'm saying is that these problems involving players are occurring too often.
Who's guilty or not guilty is another issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT