ADVERTISEMENT

We went to #2 Fl St & Notre Dame & at Tenn with 100000 Vol fans difficult places to play & we won

I think that I'll just make this statement now, since I'm not at all worried about being wrong.

The Sooners should beat the Buckeyes running away. There are simply more difference-makers than "Duh OSU" has on their team, and Barrett is drastically less than Mayfield. Everyone knows that the eyes will mostly try to run the ball, but can they also outscore OU? I seriously doubt that they can.

And remember, it's just a game...

I agree my old friend. I hope all is going well for you.

Reactions: iasooner1
Exactly. I'll say again don't put words in my mouth.

It is your own words you typed it and posted it here.

BerryhillBoomer2017 said: "If I had to wager, my money would be on Ohio State as bad as I hate to say it. Hopefully OU proves me wrong. It will be extremely tough to go there and get a W. They pretty much manhandled us last year."

Maybe you can rethink your negativity

Also last year means nothing We started early with two losses.
We are a completely different team
1. New head coach...very Hungry
2. Many new very talented players
3. New defensive scheme a 4-3 & we added a new longtime DT coach Ruffin McNeil
4. We have the best QB in the nation (Jessie Palmer on the ESPN College football show labeled Baker Mayfield as the nation's best college QB)
5. Our D is much improved.
6. Ohio State is weaker. Hey they trailed weak Indiana at halftime this week.They are weaker than last season's Ohio State team.
7, We are the better team

Last edited:
All that is pure speculation. Neither one of us know very much after one game against an inferior opponent. I agree Baker is the best qb in the nation. We have added talented players but we lost 3 NFL skill position guys as well as replacing our veteran lb with a true freshman. Don't get me wrong I love our potential but right now that's all it is. OSU is favored and rightfully so, I hope we prove most people wrong including me.

BerryhillBoomer2017 said: "If I had to wager, my money would be on Ohio State as bad as I hate to say it. Hopefully OU proves me wrong. It will be extremely tough to go there and get a W. They pretty much manhandled us last year."

Also last year means nothing We started early with two losses.
We are a completely different team
1. New head coach...very Hungry
2. Many new very talented players
3. New defensive scheme a 4-3 & we added a new longtime DT coach Ruffin McNeil
4. We have the best QB in the nation (Jessie Palmer on the ESPN College football show labeled Baker Mayfield as the nation's best college QB)
5. Our D is much improved.
6. Ohio State is weaker. Hey they trailed weak Indiana at halftime this week.They are weaker than last season's Ohio State team.
7, We are the better team

Are you saying Stoops wasn't as hungry? If so, I agree

C'mon Bull, this was posted below does that mean he is being negative too? It's basically saying the same thing.
I think we have a good chance to beat tOSU, but I wouldn't bet on it.

And Bull, for all your talking points you think are relevant, they are all offset by playing in Ohio States house.

Last edited:
C'mon Bull, this was posted below does that mean he is being negative too? It's basically saying the same thing.
Plainosooner said:
I think we have a good chance to beat tOSU, but I wouldn't bet on it

And Bull, for all your talking points you think are relevant, they are all offset by playing in Ohio States house.

What my friend Plaino posted is positive

And Billy my point on starting this thread is how well OU did playing in vocal enemy's stadiums.

We beat FSU in the nosiest stadium I have heard in a game between two top 5 rated teams
in 2011 and the same goes for Notre Dame stadium where we won & Tennessee's stadium with over 100000 screaming fans in 2015 in a game we won We will face the same next Saturday. Many on the current OU team including Baker Mayfield played at Tennessee with 100000 hostile anti-OU very loud Vol fans and OU came back to win in OT,

I truly believe OU is a better team than Ohio State & we could jump all over them and quiet their crowd. OU has proved they are a fine road team and can win especially in games like next Saturday. We have many strengths we can use vs.Ohio State and they have some weaknesses we can exploit.
I can't wait.

Last edited:
I have OU and the points this weekend. Should be around 5 to 7. If so, I'll feel pretty good. My best friend offered up the give or take bet knowing damn good and well I would never take OSU even on a parlay sheet.

Bull

Your optomism is great and I do think we will win but although our defense played well it was UTEP. I want to see that defense this week before I say it is improved and D will be the key Saturday.

This game reminds me of the 1973 season...new H.C., Lots of questions, looked good in Waco opener, going on the road vs defending national champs. The advantage this team has is an experienced Q.B. Davis had only one start under his belt.

This game reminds me of the 1973 season...new H.C., Lots of questions, looked good in Waco opener, going on the road vs defending national champs. The advantage this team has is an experienced Q.B. Davis had only one start under his belt.
Its likely that OU and Ohio State will have more than 14 points scored between them than USC and OU in 1973.

of course but the set up is very similar. I was at the first game in Waco that year. It was WaymonClark and Steve Davis' coming out party. The only negative was the injury to Grant Burget.

Well, there will be no 7-7 tie in Columbus Saturday. Switzer was 35 years old and had been the Sooner offensive coordinator in 1972. Riley, a year younger, but moved from OC to Head Coach just like Barry. That's quite a coincidence give the high stakes for each coaches 2nd game as the head guy.

I'd jump all over 14 points if offered; I don't bet often...

I'm not going to get anywhere close to 14. Owenfieldreams just posted Vegas has it 7.5 and that's what USA Today should be at or near. I hope I get a 1/2 point number because that could be big. It's should be a closer game this year.

OSU fan here. I think both teams are close enough in talent that it's not a question of who is a better team, but who is the better team that day. OSU was better that Saturday last season, but not necessarily the outright better team. Same will apply this year, regardless of who wins.

As far as being the home team, that certainly helps when you are winning, but I think it hurts when losing.
The frustration when losing seems to ebb from the field to the stands, then gets amplified when it bounces from the stands back to the sideline. On the flip side, the silence of the home fans is like a thunderous cheer to the winning visitors.

Don't really know. I can't say that I follow Oklahoma to the point I can give an accurate assessment. As a typical fan I want to believe my team is destined for great things, but as a typical fan I also nit pick at everything. I suppose if I give 3 as the home team, I'm saying it's pretty even. I was surprised at the two score spread Vegas was listing.

I hope we win the toss and elect to receive. Just one first down to ice the crowd a bit, cause by 6:30p they are going to be heavily lubricated and loud as f***.

When I was a kid it seemed that teams that won the toss usually elected to receive. It's ironic that in the age of the offense, teams now defer.

I think a lot of offensive teams are electing to receive once again. No faith in the defense, so let's get the first points and try to end with the most.

I think a lot of offensive teams are electing to receive once again. No faith in the defense, so let's get the first points and try to end with the most.
Switzer always deferred on opening kickoffs and the one time he did not, Arkansas blasted OU 31-6 in the Orange Bowl to wreck any Sooner hopes for a national championsip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT