ADVERTISEMENT

We went to #2 Fl St & Notre Dame & at Tenn with 100000 Vol fans difficult places to play & we won

We also got our butt's kicked last year by this same team. I'm not saying we can't win, but its going to be tough. We will have to bring our A game which we failed to do last season.

Reactions: iasooner1
We also got our butt's kicked last year by this same team. I'm not saying we can't win, but its going to be tough. We will have to bring our A game which we failed to do last season.

Come on bomber we are a completely different team
1. New head coach...very Hungry
2. Many new very talented players
3. New defensive scheme a 4-3
4. We have the best QB in the nation (Jessie Palmer n the ESPN College football show labeled Baker Mayfield as the nation's best college QB)
5. Our D is much improved.
6. Ohio State is weaker. Hey they trailed weak Indiana at halftime this week.They are weaker than last season;s Ohio State team.
7, We are the better team

If I had to wager, my money would be on Ohio State as bad as I hate to say it. Hopefully OU proves me wrong. It will be extremely tough to go there and get a W. They pretty much manhandled us last year

If I had to wager, my money would be on Ohio State as bad as I hate to say it. Hopefully OU proves me wrong. It will be extremely tough to go there and get a W. They pretty much manhandled us last year

In recent times Did you forget Notre Dame came to Norman and beat OU badly?
And the next season we went to South Bend who had the same ND team and OU beat them

I bet you wanted to "wager your money" on them

LAST YEARS RESULTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NEXT SATURDAY'S RESULTS

Posting in all caps doesn't make me change my opinion. I personally think Ohio State is a better team and will probably be a 5 or 6 point favorite. Have we improved from last year? Can OU exploit their young secondary? Who knows. My main worry is not only did they beat us handily, they were way more physical. Has that changed? We will see

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Come on bomber we are a completely different team
1. New head coach...very Hungry
2. Many new very talented players
3. New defensive scheme a 4-3
4. We have the best QB in the nation (Jessie Palmer n the ESPN College football show labeled Baker Mayfield as the nation's best college QB)
5. Our D is much improved.
6. Ohio State is weaker. Hey they trailed weak Indiana at halftime this week.They are weaker than last season;s Ohio State team.
7, We are the better team

Well if you agree that both OU and OSU are different teams this year, then what does recent victories against ND and FSU have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing. I don't care if OSU struggled early against Indiana. They will be all we can handle and then some. We can win, but we will need to play our best game.

There is no shame in losing to a great team providing we play at our potential. Last year we didn't do that. I have a great feeling that next Saturday a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised, win or lose.

Reactions: opk and iasooner1
Well if you agree that both OU and OSU are different teams this year, then what does recent victories against ND and FSU have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing..

They have every thing to do with it.
At Florida State at night it is a very difficult place to play and FSU was either #1 or #2 in the nation and we won.

Like Columbus South Bend is a difficult place to play and we beat a ND team who beat us in Norman a year earlier.

Last edited:
I was at the ND game in Norman, Landry had over 300 yds passing with no touchdowns and 1 pick. OU could not get the running game going and I think it was Damien Williams at RB only managed 29 yds. The Notre Dame D took away the run game and pretty much made Landry try to beat them with his arm which he could not. I have a feeling tosu will do the same thing, slow the run game down to a trickle and make Baker uncomfortable. The game vs tosu last year was very close statistically, I think they had around 440 yds of offense vs a little over 400 for OU but one thing stands out OU had 2 turnovers and tosu had none. I am not an X's and O's expert and I think Switzer once said its not the X's and O's its the Jimmy's and the Joes that win the game. OU will need to play a near flawless game to win, too many unknowns still with the RB's and Receivers and how they will do vs better competition not to mention the defense. I think turnovers will be a huge factor just like last year. If we can play lackluster at home in a big game hopefully they can too.

Last edited:
At Florida State at night it is a very difficult place to play and FSU was either #1 or #2 in the nation and won.

Like Columbus South Bend is a difficult place to play and we beat a ND team who beat us in Norman a year earlier.

I would agree with you if we had the exact same players, but we don't. Whole new teams, coach, and situation.

And the next season we went to South Bend who had the same ND team and OU beat them

I bet you wanted to "wager your money" on them

Both of these posts were made within the same thread.

I will say one thing that helps OU this year over last, is Ohio State lost several guys from last years secondary. OU will be their first real test to see if Urban has simply reloaded his secondary, or if they still have alot to learn.

Much as I love bull's optimism, you simply can't read too much into early game results against overmatched opponents. I remember my optimism last year when OSU turned in a lackluster performance against Tulsa and then went on to boat race us in Norman. Right now, a coaching matchup between Riley and Meyer would very much appear to favor the Buckeyes, especially in Columbus.

I was thinking that too billyray and how he was contradicting himself. Bull market I admire your passion however you aren't making very good points. Maybe you need to take a Sunday nap and hit refresh. Now that I think of it, I do too. See you guys in a bit lol

Reactions: BillyRay
I think that I'll just make this statement now, since I'm not at all worried about being wrong.

The Sooners should beat the Buckeyes running away. There are simply more difference-makers than "Duh OSU" has on their team, and Barrett is drastically less than Mayfield. Everyone knows that the eyes will mostly try to run the ball, but can they also outscore OU? I seriously doubt that they can.

And remember, it's just a game...

I have no problem with bullmarkets optimism. He will either be right or be wrong just as anyone else that picks OU or tosu to win. It is a tall order for Riley to win a big game like this in his first year as HC. He said yesterday in his post game presser when asked if it was much different being the HC now, he said it really did not feel that much different than before. It did for me, I cannot remember seeing an opener like that in a long time. I loved the fact he gave a lot of guys some playing time. Bob would not do that until late in a game. Like I said it will be a tall order for him to go to Columbus and get the W but I think he is up to the challenge. He can't do much worse than Bob did last year when we had them at home.

Posting in all caps doesn't make me change my opinion. I personally think Ohio State is a better team and will probably be a 5 or 6 point favorite. Have we improved from last year? Can OU exploit their young secondary? Who knows. My main worry is not only did they beat us handily, they were way more physical. Has that changed? We will see
Take the points...

By most "experts" OU has the best O Line and Ohio State has the best D Line is college football. Comparing last year and this year is ludicrous. We are much better with more weapons on offense but they are better on defense. This game will come down to discipline in execution and who makes fewer mistakes. OU has the capacity to win this game purely on the "X" factor. I like our chances. Ohio State is nuts and bolts football and OU is flintstone ND gun powder. The X factor being the ability to step out of the comfort zone and go for the dynamics.

bullmarket said:

bullmarket said:

They were both directed at Berryhill who says OU will lose and if he was wagering his money he would bet on Ohio State based on last season's game.

BerryhillBoomer2017 said: "If I had to wager, my money would be on Ohio State as bad as I hate to say it. Hopefully OU proves me wrong. It will be extremely tough to go there and get a W. They pretty much manhandled us last year."

And both of my replies were based on the same thing that last season's results were meaningless (including the OU-Notre Dame game when they first came to Norman & beat OU & the next season when OU went to South Bend and won) therefore last season's loss to determine who wins the Ohio State vs. OU game is meaningless next Saturday

Last edited:
They automatically get 7 points being at the "shoe" as they should. IF OU controls the lines and gets the crowd out of the game early (like they did to us last year) we could win. My contention is They have much more to lose than us and there is No shame with a close win or loss, this early. We'll have a Lot more 'fish to fry' with this "CCG" after the round robin. I'd try & get 14 or more points out of suckers if I was a betting

At no point did I say OU will lose. I stated if I had to bet the house I would go with Ohio State. If you don't like my opinion that's fine however don't put words in my mouth

Reactions: OUgradJeff
At no point did I say OU will lose. I stated if I had to bet the house I would go with Ohio State. If you don't like my opinion that's fine however don't put words in my mouth

Your own words...

BerryhillBoomer2017 said: "If I had to wager, my money would be on Ohio State as bad as I hate to say it. Hopefully OU proves me wrong. It will be extremely tough to go there and get a W. They pretty much manhandled us last year."

TOSU is an 8.5 favorite

Where did fsu finish that year?

They started the season in the top 5 and the OU game was at their home

They had injuries as the season progressed and they finished 9-4.

OU was #1 in 2011 when we played FSU and we finished 10-3.
In 2011 OU had their most shocking loss ever
OU #1 in the nation & was 6-0 and they lost to a really bad TT team in Norman
It was even worse than OU's 23-3 loss to Kansas in 1975. In 1975 OU still managed to win the National Championship

By most "experts" OU has the best O Line and Ohio State has the best D Line is college football. Comparing last year and this year is ludicrous. We are much better with more weapons on offense but they are better on defense. This game will come down to discipline in execution and who makes fewer mistakes. OU has the capacity to win this game purely on the "X" factor. I like our chances. Ohio State is nuts and bolts football and OU is flintstone ND gun powder. The X factor being the ability to step out of the comfort zone and go for the dynamics.
Buckeye here.
I think you nailed the key match up - our DL against your OL. One thing that concerns me is Mayfield vs. our DBs. They have a world of talent but lack experience right now. Should be a great game and hope those of you coming to Columbus enjoy the experience. It's going to be absolutely NUTS that night in the Shoe. Hard to predict the outcome when two heavyweights go at it - but I have a feeling the hitting in this one will be off the charts. Can't wait.

They were both directed at Berryhill who says OU will lose and if he was wagering his money he would bet on Ohio State based on last season's game.

And both of my replies were based on the same thing that last season's results were meaningless (including the OU-Notre Dame game when they first came to Norman & beat OU & the next season when OU went to South Bend and won) therefore last season's loss to determine who wins the Ohio State vs. OU game is meaningless next Saturday
Fair enough Bull. Reading the posts it really makes it look like you are trying to play both sides. But I do agree with you that last years game has no bearing on this years. Many of the players are the same, but enough has changed on both sidelines to put the game into question. OU very much has a chance to go up there and win.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Hopefully their secondary gives up as much as they did against Indiana, 420 yds though the air. And I have no doubt Baker is a better QB than the Indiana QB but they only gave up 17 on the ground. If OU cannot get the running game going it may be a long night. A lot of questions will be answered soon.

Link?
If true when the OU money comes in the line will be 3 or 4

I can't remember the specific, but I posted something on the premium board, and it was replied that the spread was 8.5. I checked after your post and it's 7.5 pretty much across the board to open. Up there, after what happened last year, and what I saw this week, I'd say that's pretty close.

I think we have a good chance to beat tOSU, but I wouldn't bet on it.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

At Florida State at night it is a very difficult place to play and FSU was either #1 or #2 in the nation and won.

FSU was ranked #5 (AP) going into that game.

But the important thing is that none of the current roster was involved in that game, thus it's irrelevant to the upcoming game with Ohio State.

Closest relevant experience to next Saturday for many of the current players is the Tennessee game in 2015.

FSU was ranked #5 (AP) going into that game.

But the important thing is that none of the current roster was involved in that game, thus it's irrelevant to the upcoming game with Ohio State.

Closest relevant experience to next Saturday for many of the current players is the Tennessee game in 2015.

Very good point

ADVERTISEMENT