ADVERTISEMENT

we comin' -- thoughts

T'was interesting that the press jumped on LSU re the OM game

The press was correct.

LSU's D stunk vs. Ole Miss. This very very weak 8 loss Ol Miss team had 600 yards on offense vs. LSU and scored 30 points in the 2nd half.

LSU continued to play their starters late into the 4th Q including Burrows & your "great" RB.

OU will show how overrated LSU's D is

Last edited:
I'm thinking Texas was the 5th or 6th best team in OUr conference. They played a one score game without any healthy backup at running back and a smurf for a starter cause everybody else was hurt. And 3/4 of their secondary hurt in the game against LSU.

Baylor trounced the Horns. TCU didn't even make a bowl game, but they beat Texas.

I know that LSU is the SEC gift to the playoffs, but we'll suit out. We be coming.

Good luck. You'll need it

LSU plays that same Texas team later in the season and it’s a blow out

Look LSU has had a great year by most standards, Burrow is good and has had a phenomenal year. If I was LSU fan I would try to take things in stride and not go overboard. Your qb completes 78% of his passes. He’s leaving at the end of the year. I can assure you that your qb production will drop off dramatically next year and you will not be near the team you are right now, at least offensively. That’s not a knock on your qb’s per se just more of a fact.

Riley has had great successes with qb’s and there is nobody on your staff that can touch Riley’s proven success. So yes, Orgeron who has been run off from every other job he’s ever had and the fans were clamoring for his dismissal last year, finally caught a break with a record setting qb. Enjoy it but don’t forget your coach is very similar to Charlie Strong and that will show up next year more times than you’re willing to admit.

Riley has had great successes with qb’s and there is nobody on your staff that can touch Riley’s proven success. So yes, Orgeron who has been run off from every other job he’s ever had and the fans were clamoring for his dismissal last year, finally caught a break with a record setting qb. Enjoy it but don’t forget your coach is very similar to Charlie Strong and that will show up next year more times than you’re willing to admit.

Riley is certainly a more proven QB coach.

Orgeron now has a NINE game winning streak vs Top Ten teams.

Orgeron failed at OM, then was extremely successful as DL then interim HC at USCw, turning a disaster into a 6-2 finish. He resigned when he didn't get the HC job. USC fans are still angry re that decision.

Every year at LSU, starting with taking over a bad start and going 6-2 as interim, O has exceeded expectations. NO LSU fans were wanting O gone after last year.

Plenty LSU fans didn't like the hiring process that resulted in hiring O but all are pleased now.

O recruited that QB by showing his veteran football family (2 bros played for Neb, dad was DC for Ohio U) what he was going to do, and that it couldn't happen in the first year. It started turning around late in '18, then happened in '19.

3 'fer Oeaux: LSU fans were upset LSU missed out on Jimbo and Herman, O was denied the HC job at USC in favor of Sarkesian. This season LSU beat Herman coached UTx, bama w/ Sark as OC and Tamu w/ Jimbo.

LSU will certainly miss this QB but the cupboard is hardly bare. LSU would have the same record OU will have next year if LSU had that pansy schedule instead of UTx, AU, UF, bama, Tamu etc. TEN SEC teams are in the Top 25 recruiting classes, only VU and the 3 teams that changed coaches aren't.

O has won 6 in a row vs Top Ten Teams, and 9 of the last 10. Over his 3 seasons he has won more games vs Top Ten teams than any other coach. While he isn't on the coaches' Rushmore yet, he ain't somebody to be unhappy with.

Orgeron failed at OM, then was extremely successful as DL then interim HC at USCw, turning a disaster into a 6-2 finish. He resigned when he didn't get the HC job. USC fans are still angry re that decision.

Every year at LSU, starting with taking over a bad start and going 6-2 as interim, O has exceeded expectations. NO LSU fans were wanting O gone after last year.

Plenty LSU fans didn't like the hiring process that resulted in hiring O but all are pleased now.

O recruited that QB by showing his veteran football family (2 bros played for Neb, dad was DC for Ohio U) what he was going to do, and that it couldn't happen in the first year. It started turning around late in '18, then happened in '19.

3 'fer Oeaux: LSU fans were upset LSU missed out on Jimbo and Herman, O was denied the HC job at USC in favor of Sarkesian. This season LSU beat Herman coached UTx, bama w/ Sark as OC and Tamu w/ Jimbo.

LSU will certainly miss this QB but the cupboard is hardly bare. LSU would have the same record OU will have next year if LSU had that pansy schedule instead of UTx, AU, UF, bama, Tamu etc. TEN SEC teams are in the Top 25 recruiting classes, only VU and the 3 teams that changed coaches aren't.

O has won 6 in a row vs Top Ten Teams, and 9 of the last 10. Over his 3 seasons he has won more games vs Top Ten teams than any other coach. While he isn't on the coaches' Rushmore yet, he ain't somebody to be unhappy with.

Riley is a much better OC and QB coach than anything you have on your staff and his results show it. I guarantee at least half of your fanbase wanted Orgeron gone last year. Go back and read your message boards, go read Tigerdroppings. As I said, LSU has had a good year but it took a record setting QB for Orgeron.

I would enjoy your recent success and if your team beats OU, so be it, y'all are picked to win after all. I'm just saying expect a significant drop-off at QB once Burrow is gone. A lot of teams are doing well to have a qb throwing 68% and trust me, that's a huge difference in production.

I'm still unclear how LSU is putting up video game numbers in the SEC when I've been told many times that the SEC defenses wouldn't allow those kind of numbers, yet everytime OU plays an SEC defense, we put up video game numbers? Now, our defense has sucked and we've known that going into those games, any semblance of defense and we beat both Georgia and Alabama the last 2 years.

Did LSU beat Bama with Tua playing?

Look LSU has had a great year by most standards, Burrow is good and has had a phenomenal year. If I was LSU fan I would try to take things in stride and not go overboard. Your qb completes 78% of his passes. He’s leaving at the end of the year. I can assure you that your qb production will drop off dramatically next year and you will not be near the team you are right now, at least offensively. That’s not a knock on your qb’s per se just more of a fact.

Absolutely wrong. USC fans are pissed Hayden didn’t keep coach O. O knew he needed to change the offense so he did. He convinced Burrow to come. The fact you just compared him to Strong gives you zero credibility. He’s also a hell of a recruiter. Depending on the recruiting service we will finish 3-4 with a few spots left to fill.

Absolutely wrong. USC fans are pissed Hayden didn’t keep coach O. O knew he needed to change the offense so he did. He convinced Burrow to come. The fact you just compared him to Strong gives you zero credibility. He’s also a hell of a recruiter. Depending on the recruiting service we will finish 3-4 with a few spots left to fill.
Look at O’s overall coaching record, you’re in denial. Do you fear that some other team will come ‘steal’ O out from under you? Neither do I. O is just like Strong. A good position coach but way over his head as a head coach without exceptional qb play. Look no further than Strong at Louisville and USF and Orgeron at every coaching opportunity he’s had. Do you think he just became a good head coach this year or do you think it has anything to do with him having a record breaking qb.?

come on man even your own fans are saying hell no to Burrow suggesting O get a lifetime contract, you can only bury your head so far. Once Burrow is gone I think we’ll see a lot of Tiger tears next year when the LSU fans turn on O, Emsinger and Brady because your offense seems to be severely pedestrian

Psybj, If LSU wins the toss will they defer or receive. I'm sure if OU wins the toss they will defer.

Well it didn’t take you long to show your SEC SEC ass. Sorry but when you list AtM, UF, and Tn on your gauntlet list you fail miserably. UF is the most overrated SEC team this season by far. Fans like you are nothing more than SEC homers who live in a little shallow world and thinks everything centers around that conference. You can dismiss Baylor, Oklahoma St , Texas ( who could have easily scored on both its first 2 possessions against LSU) KSU, ISU all you want but those teams are far from pansy teams. Your just showing your ignorance and talking shit.

We heard the same shit last year from the SEC SEC fanbase and the B12 went 3-1 against your mighty SEC but all we heard was a shit load of excuses for the SEC failure against the pansy B12. You may have started out wanting to talk football sensibly but as always is the case fans like you end up turning it into SEC SEC shit show when peoples arguments doesn’t kiss your teams asses.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Heard a relative say SEC SEC SEC this past weekend when we were talking football, his sec sec sec team is not even going bowling.
I didn't say anything but its funny how they live off the success of other teams in the conference. Homerism at its finest, my team sucks every year so lets just chant sec sec sec. Yeah that makes it all better. Puke.

Look at O’s overall coaching record, you’re in denial. Do you fear that some other team will come ‘steal’ O out from under you? Neither do I. O is just like Strong. A good position coach but way over his head as a head coach without exceptional qb play. Look no further than Strong at Louisville and USF and Orgeron at every coaching opportunity he’s had. Do you think he just became a good head coach this year or do you think it has anything to do with him having a record breaking qb.?

come on man even your own fans are saying hell no to Burrow suggesting O get a lifetime contract, you can only bury your head so far. Once Burrow is gone I think we’ll see a lot of Tiger tears next year when the LSU fans turn on O, Emsinger and Brady because your offense seems to be severely pedestrian
Coach of the year. Enough said

Well it didn’t take you long to show your SEC SEC ass. Sorry but when you list AtM, UF, and Tn on your gauntlet list you fail miserably. UF is the most overrated SEC team this season by far. Fans like you are nothing more than SEC homers who live in a little shallow world and thinks everything centers around that conference. You can dismiss Baylor, Oklahoma St , Texas ( who could have easily scored on both its first 2 possessions against LSU) KSU, ISU all you want but those teams are far from pansy teams. Your just showing your ignorance and talking shit.

Actually I am pointing out what the polls ae saying: bama. UF and Tamu are in the Top Ten for next year and rated above any team OU plays. It is your unsupported opinion that they are overrated. LSU is thus slated to play 3 Top Ten teams next season, schedule getting easier as so far this year LSU has played 5.

I don't use my opinion alone, I look at the polls and records over time.

Even after winning coach of the year most of your fans are intelligent enough to realize Orgeron is on borrowed time and you'll find out soon. Enough said by your own fanbase in this thread:

Most LSU fans know that no one should get a lifetime contract.

How good O is as a coach is still to be determined.

So far he has failed at OM. exceeded expectations for 8 games as interim at USC and exceeded expectations every year for 4 consecutive years at LSU. His staff has improved every year and his recruiting has been Top Five for the past 2 years.

O is very well organized. He is an excellent motivator and recruiter. His platform getting the job was that he would take less and spend more getting and keeping top assts. So far he is doing just that.

The jury is still out but the trend is going one way strongly.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Most LSU fans know that no one should get a lifetime contract.

How good O is as a coach is still to be determined.

So far he has failed at OM. exceeded expectations for 8 games as interim at USC and exceeded expectations every year for 4 consecutive years at LSU. His staff has improved every year and his recruiting has been Top Five for the past 2 years.

O is very well organized. He is an excellent motivator and recruiter. His platform getting the job was that he would take less and spend more getting and keeping top assts. So far he is doing just that.

The jury is still out but the trend is going one way strongly.
Fair enough I'm just giving you guys grief. Burrow's a good qb and it'll be a big challenge to try to disrupt him. Our D is improved since last year but I don't label our D as good, just improved.

Actually I am pointing out what the polls ae saying: bama. UF and Tamu are in the Top Ten for next year and rated above any team OU plays. It is your unsupported opinion that they are overrated. LSU is thus slated to play 3 Top Ten teams next season, schedule getting easier as so far this year LSU has played 5.

please explain why Aggie will be rated in the Top 10?

Suspect because Tamu returns a lot of talent, recruited well, has good coaching and has a much easier schedule. Last season they played a #1 team 3 times and at current #5 UGA. This year they don't play @ Clemson & @ UGA. They not only lost those games, they got drained.

Tamu also played UF, AU & LSU.

But that isn't my opinion, see Bleacher Report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ankings-post-2019-early-signing-period#slide1

Aggie is supposed to be a year or two away from greatness every year. The only problem with that is they have been saying that since they joined the sec sec sec lmao.
When they were in the Big 12, sec sec sec fans thought of aggie as a doormat. Ask arkie fans, they thought they would roll aggie and missouri every year becasue they came from the Big 12. Ask them how thats turned out for them lol.

Reactions: iasooner1

You only get one shot and it was a close game. We could say the same thing as well about texass. Who gives af at this point?
Neither of those games will decide the outcome of this one.

The fact is, Texas was decimated by injuries throughout the season. Had they experienced a relatively injury free season they would have been a handful for LSU in Dec. as they were in Sept. It will be interesting to see the UT/LSU matchup in B.R. next year. New staff members at Texas, another great recruiting year, & no H.T. winner at QB.

The fact is, Texas was decimated by injuries throughout the season. Had they experienced a relatively injury free season they would have been a handful for LSU in Dec. as they were in Sept. It will be interesting to see the UT/LSU matchup in B.R. next year. New staff members at Texas, another great recruiting year, & no H.T. winner at QB.

Dunno what it is about the UTx playing surface but LSU got wiped out on it. Maybe 4 D starters went down. UTx fans screamed they were faking but they carried the fakes out for many games while the LSU D suffered.

LSU D got well vs OM and Ark as Fr got their chance. They came back strong for Tamu and UGA, and will be full speed, except for 1, vs OU. The one that is still out was replaced very well, he made 2nd team All-SEC at FS.

UTx certainly has the $$$$$$ to replace that field if in fact it is causing injuries.

LSU is reconstructing their playing surface which is grass. Have now excavated 5' deep and building a better drainage system. Sidelines are arificial.

Look forward to seeing the OU Crimaon on that new surface in '28.

LSU plays OU H&H after a H&H series vs Clemson.

Every year vs bama, UF, Au, Tamu etc ain't enuf. Somebody got a death wish.

if AtM starts out in the top 10 next season then it really does show just how bias and uneducated the pollsters are. This is the problem with preseason polls in general and it is also why SEC teams get special attention. It also creates an advantage to SEC teams when rankings like that inflate other teams accomplishments as the season goes on.

No poll should ever be published until at least mid October to take out the bias of rankings. You can’t honestly sit there and tell us you don’t believe the SEC gets special treatment at least not with a straight face. Its funny everyone sees it but SEC fans.

UGA had no business at 4 leading up to the SEC CG by any of the rankers and that included the CFP folks no more than Bama should have been at 4 after its LSU loss considering they had no top 25 wins at the time. The SEC as I said does get special treatment and it is getting old and its why the human factor needs eliminated.

if AtM starts out in the top 10 next season then it really does show just how bias and uneducated the pollsters are. This is the problem with preseason polls in general and it is also why SEC teams get special attention. It also creates an advantage to SEC teams when rankings like that inflate other teams accomplishments as the season goes on.

No poll should ever be published until at least mid October to take out the bias of rankings. You can’t honestly sit there and tell us you don’t believe the SEC gets special treatment at least not with a straight face. Its funny everyone sees it but SEC fans.

UGA had no business at 4 leading up to the SEC CG by any of the rankers and that included the CFP folks no more than Bama should have been at 4 after its LSU loss considering they had no top 25 wins at the time. The SEC as I said does get special treatment and it is getting old and its why the human factor needs eliminated.

Publishing Polls sells ads so they will continue. Something about The First Ammendment.

The Committee starts making noise mid-season. The Mouse and the Schools like the $$$$$$$$$.

Agree there should be OBJECTIVE measures that determine who gets in the Playoffs. T'was objective when only 2 teams got in, preferred that system. Disliked the "looked better, more balanced" excuse that moved tOSU ahead of LSU for a few weeks.

While SEC gets preferential treatment, maybe SEC has earned it. Since there has been a NC Game or Playoff, SEC has won 11 by 5 different schools.

Publishing Polls sells ads so they will continue. Something about The First Ammendment.

The Committee starts making noise mid-season. The Mouse and the Schools like the $$$$$$$$$.

Agree there should be OBJECTIVE measures that determine who gets in the Playoffs. T'was objective when only 2 teams got in, preferred that system. Disliked the "looked better, more balanced" excuse that moved tOSU ahead of LSU for a few weeks.

While SEC gets preferential treatment, maybe SEC has earned it. Since there has been a NC Game or Playoff, SEC has won 11 by 5 different schools.

The preferential treatment quote because of the past is exactly what is wrong the polling system and unfortunately the selection committee is falling right in line with that theory. The AP and Coaches polls are the biggest jokes today because many that vote don’t even watch as many games as the average CFB fan does each Saturday and has a system they use. In fact the way CFB has named its champions in the past including the BCS ( humans controlled 2/3 of that process ) and todays 13 member CFP is very flawed.

what your suggesting is that the SEC should always get preferential treatment based on its past when we all know that streak was alive based on years in which SEC needed late season help from those ranked above them losing to get into the playoffs. Its as if most SEC fans think any 1 loss SEC team should always be the top ranked 1 loss team. Alabama has gotten extra preferential treatment more than anyone and in 2011 Ok St got screwed because of that brand name treatment.

Sorry but no non conf champ leave alone one that didn’t even win its division should get the nod over another P5 conf champ. When talk arises around the country about conf champs only it is the SEC fans who are soundly against it because they know that preferential treatment works in there favor. If you think any other conf is ever going to get 2 teams in then I have some swamp land to sell you.

Until CFB eliminates the subjective system and goes totally objective where winning championships actually mean something then even the current system is still just producing a human invited champion. Just say you like the subjective system because you like knowing a 1 loss non div or non conf champ from the SEC is still going to make the playoffs over a more deserving 1 loss conf champ even if its body of work doesn’t warrant it because of that preferential treatment BS.

A&M being preseason top 10 until they prove something is a joke. They had a tough schedule, and if you are good, you win at least one of those; they didn't. There should be no preferential treatment; each year is a separate entity. We all know the SEC is afforded such treatment. The fact UG is still #5 after a horrible loss to S. Carolina and an unexcused absence in their conference game shows this. Make no mistake LSU took it to them and earned the big victory, but it showed the gap between the top teams and a supposedly highly rated UG team. I think most of the college football would be shocked if they were a fly in the wall during the committee's last meeting. I bet, and there are no lines to consider, there was at least some talk about Georgia being the #4 team; let that sink in, a 2 loss Georgia team that just had their a**es handed to them. Unless you are a fan or an observer outside the SEC, it can be hard to recognize the deep - seeded bias which exists.

what your suggesting is that the SEC should always get preferential treatment based on its past

NOPE, saying any judgements that an SEC team might be better than a team w/ same record from another conf. might be correct since SEC teams have won when put in the situation.

This year a 1-loss SEC team that didn't win SEC might have deserved to be in The Playoffs over a 1-loss ACC Champ Clemson team that played and beat no one.

SEC now requires a OOC game vs Power 5 team, wish it was 2 but that would result in more teams not getting in bowls and everybody loves the $$$$$$$$$.

LSU finishes a h&h w/ UTx, has scheduled w/ Clem & OU. Played TCU when they were excellent, Oregon, Miami when they were Top Ten, in addition to bama, FL, AU etc every year. There should be some preference for winning thru that.

NOPE, saying any judgements that an SEC team might be better than a team w/ same record from another conf. might be correct since SEC teams have won when put in the situation.

This year a 1-loss SEC team that didn't win SEC might have deserved to be in The Playoffs over a 1-loss ACC Champ Clemson team that played and beat no one.

SEC now requires a OOC game vs Power 5 team, wish it was 2 but that would result in more teams not getting in bowls and everybody loves the $$$$$$$$$.

LSU finishes a h&h w/ UTx, has scheduled w/ Clem & OU. Played TCU when they were excellent, Oregon, Miami when they were Top Ten, in addition to bama, FL, AU etc every year. There should be some preference for winning thru that.

Sorry to bust your bubble but no team that can’t win its division belongs in the playoffs period. I will say it again you prefer an invitational tournament over a real playoff system and it shows with your posted replies.

As for schedules do you need us to post our OOC schedules from the past and future? OU has always and will always schedule big time OOC games but at times teams like Tennessee and UCLA just happen not to live up to the teams they were in the past when these games were scheduled. You can thank LSU for backing out of the home and home with OU that would have taken place these past 2 years if not for LSU requesting it be rescheduled for a later year. Thus entered UCLA.

So you think LSU deserves preferential treatment for beating ranked teams inside the SEC but you dont think the same should be given to other conferences who also play tough OOC and top 25 teams from within there own conference? I guess rankings only matter in the SEC right?

So you think LSU deserves preferential treatment for beating ranked teams inside the SEC but you dont think the same should be given to other conferences who also play tough OOC and top 25 teams from within there own conference? I guess rankings only matter in the SEC right?

Read, didn't say that. Beating better teams should be rewarded. If the 2 best teams in the nation are in the same division and demo their excellence against the rest of the schedule, why not put both in?

A&M will most likely be ranked in the Top 10 preseason next year. Their grad losses are really small...something like 4-6. Their schedule is much easier & they have had back to back to back great recruiting classes. Now, the question remains, will they live up to expectations? History says no but we shall see.

Read, didn't say that. Beating better teams should be rewarded. If the 2 best teams in the nation are in the same division and demo their excellence against the rest of the schedule, why not put both in?

The answer is simple. You are using an opinion to put them in over using results on the field. Unless that team has played another playoff contender you really have no idea which team is better so you should always go with the team who actually won its conference. Why even have conferences if championships don’t mean anything when it comes to the selection process and like it or not this committee has made conference championships meaningless by putting in 2 non conf champs who didn’t even play for that conference championship already. The CCG should be the first step in qualifying you for the playoffs.

Everyone whined and bitched about the B12 not having one and even said “ Until they play one they shouldn’t get in as the 13th data point is the tie breaker”. My how that view changed by Ohio St and Bama fans a few years later. Did you complain about the B12 early on because if you did that makes you a hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT