ADVERTISEMENT

WCWS softball discussion board

I am wondering why the NCAA always puts Tulsa in the Norman regional. Tulsa is a good team that could advance in another regional, but instead they always get put up against OU. Last year they came within an out of beating OU, but this year I think it's pretty futile for them (or anybody). Too bad. They could have advanced in another region.

Not that I prefer Tulsa over the Sooners (never!) - I just like to see Oklahoma teams do well.

I am wondering why the NCAA always puts Tulsa in the Norman regional. Tulsa is a good team that could advance in another regional, but instead they always get put up against OU. Last year they came within an out of beating OU, but this year I think it's pretty futile for them (or anybody). Too bad. They could have advanced in another region.

Not that I prefer Tulsa over the Sooners (never!) - I just like to see Oklahoma teams do well.
I wouldn't put it past them to put a loss on OU. Like you said, they scared the bejeezus out of the gals last year, & although OU won, they got all of 3 hits earlier this year in a 1-0 win @ TU (one of the 3 hits was an Alo bomb). Emily Watson gives Patty & co. fits on a pretty consistent basis.

Reactions: iasooner1
If I remember correctly it seems that even Gasso feels like Tulsa gets the short end of the stick having to come to Norman every year. I will have to find that article.

Why not send them to Fayetteville or College Stations? Both are close geographically.

Here is an article after the selection process. I think she highly respects Tulsa but she is certainly not a fan of the selection process for setting up match-ups. To bad she also just didnt say what most of us think “Why does the SEC even play the season out, we know every year that the conference is going host at least 8 regionals”. Im waiting for a non SEC coach to actually say that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...all-Paige-Lowary-Parker-Conrad--118289571/Amp

For those wondering, todays game has been regulated to ESPN3 at 4 according to the WatchESPN app. Hope Tulsa pulls it out today against Mizzou as I cant stand those traiterous whoremonging bastards.

For those wondering, todays game has been regulated to ESPN3 at 4 according to the WatchESPN app. Hope Tulsa pulls it out today against Mizzou as I cant stand those traiterous whoremonging bastards.

Wow. I’ve seen a lot of good softball played in the regionals. Tapping my foot waiting for OU - Missouri game while watching Arkansas - Wichita State go back and forth. I want OU - Arkansas in the Super.

So for sure this is a 4 seed. They didn't allow a run in 3 games, 2 of which were
run rule. They score 24 runs and shut out all 3 teams. The seeds a bunch of BS.
But it really doesn't matter. They're gonna do the same to Arkansas. Kick butt
and move on to the next one. Here's hoping they get a chance to dismember
Oregon.

The Sooners have a very talented team, and I expect them to get past Arkansas.....maybe in two games. But from what I saw this weekend, we are going to see much better pitching and hitting than Tulsa, Boston U and Missouri had. It won’t surprise me if Patty wins another natty with this team, but the girls will need to play their best to so do. I can’t wait. Boomer!

I have decided that this series with Arkansas may be best to watch alone. My wife is a diehard Hog fan since she was raised here. However she hates all the SEC chants and pretty much thinks those fans that cheer for other teams in the conference are bonifide idiots. As she says, "Why do I care what the rest does as I just care what Arkansas does".

But I don't think watching it with her is a good idea even though she doesn't dislike OU and is actually a fan but not when it comes to playing her Hogs. I think by the end of the weekend I may want to prep the doghouse because she isn't going to be very happy..... At least I hope it goes OU's way.

Last edited:
The Arkansas series is going to be interesting. This is a team that has never won a regional leave alone played in a super regional. OU will need to jump out early and big on that freshman pitcher they have. Sometimes its the young and hungry teams like the Hogs that can be more dangerous in a short series than teams like Oregon , UCLA etc.

As for the WCWS 2 SEC teams are guaranteed in due to SEC teams playing one another in the supers. You can bet the house though ESPN would absolutely slobber all over themselves if all SEC teams won the Supers they are in.

Piss on the SEC and Piss on the PAC, it's OU against the world. Sounds over-
whelming, but they done it twice and the team they have now is better than the
last 2 years. Bring'em on, if they play their best they'll 3 peat.

Oregon lost tonight and will need to beat Kentucky twice.

Florida got help from A&M in the 7th after being down 4-2. Walks and an error by AtM allowed UF to score 3 times to win 5-4. Worse is that they walked home the winning run with 2 outs.

UCLA destroyed Arizona.

Do what I do and just ignore them. Last year against UF you could tell how mad they were when OU beat UF. They dont hide their bias very well

The brackets are pre-set. OU will play the winner of Wash-Ala to open the tournament with. Not sure which day yet though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT