ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer to Jaguars

Sark was basically the hot hire...this even though his history would show he was just a .500 record coach. At Bama, he had a deep and superior roster to elevate his game plan. As he steps into the shorthorn spotlight, he has 2 halfway decent playmakers with Robinson (RB) and Moore (WR). Thompson looked great against a marginal CU Buffalo team in relief of Sam. But will he be capable of carrying a full season and the challenges/pounding of a full season? Am glad it’s them and not us lol.

Sark was basically the hot hire...this even though his history would show he was just a .500 record coach. At Bama, he had a deep and superior roster to elevate his game plan. As he steps into the shorthorn spotlight, he has 2 halfway decent playmakers with Robinson (RB) and Moore (WR). Thompson looked great against a marginal CU Buffalo team in relief of Sam. But will he be capable of carrying a full season and the challenges/pounding of a full season? Am glad it’s them and not us lol.
Robinson, IMO, is much better than a decent playmaker. He was underutilized, and I imagine will do well in Sark's offense.

Since 2018, Texas has had recruiting classes that have been ranked by Rivals at 4th, 4th, 14th and 16th (2018-2021) which means that the program IS getting the talent, but not developing and/or motivating it.
And it also reveals how recruiting is not an exact science.
When I look at the Texas roster each year, I read bios on the players that are very promising based on their high school careers. Then each October, I watch Texas lose close games to Oklahoma with that talent. Afterwards, I see Texas lose 3-4 more games.
Two issues I see with Texas that need to be resolved is the feeling of entitlement within the program that diminish the development and motivation of the players and the annual problem of attracting great quarterbacks.
Sarkisian, in my opinion, represents a bit of a "Hail Mary" attempt to restore UT relevance.

Robinson had flashes of greatness. We will see if he is capable of carrying a wobbly offense. Sark had incredible talent with a tremendous OL. Shorthorns fall way short of that talent.
True their WRs and Oline fall very short of what Sark worked with.

Sark’s head coaching record:

Washington 34-29
USC 12-6

If I were a Longhorn, I wouldn’t be too excited. I know damn well that OU fans wouldn’t either if he were hired to take the reins in Norman. Saban has had several assistants go on to head coaching jobs but only a couple have become a difference maker. Georgia is better now and may win a natty with Kirby Smart......after Nick retires.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT