ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 colleges with the most arrests, college football

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
The five most arrested teams are Washington State (31), Florida (34) Georgia (22), Texas A&M (22) and Oklahoma. Plus 1 for Baker. From sports 247. I am having a problem copying the site. Updated January 2016.

Without looking at this chart, I would have thought 13 player arrests were excessive.

You're right. It seems like an alarming number, so I looked up statistics, and WOW! I was shocked.
Even these appalling numbers seem to be the American male averages.

Excluding traffic offenses:
By 18 -
30% of black males arrested
22% of white males arrested
By 23 -
49% of black males arrested
38% of white males arrested

So that's about 18% of the male population having first time arrests in those college aged years. Assuming most guys with criminal backgrounds wouldn't make it to the football team in the first place, then that would limit our discussion to first time arrests.

18% of 85 scholarship players = 15 players arrested.
If you include walk-ons, that number will go up. Then add in multiple arrests for a handful of those guys, and I can definitely see the low 20s creeping up.

Reactions: iasooner1
You're right. It seems like an alarming number, so I looked up statistics, and WOW! I was shocked.
Even these appalling numbers seem to be the American male averages.

Excluding traffic offenses:
By 18 -
30% of black males arrested
22% of white males arrested
By 23 -
49% of black males arrested
38% of white males arrested

So that's about 18% of the male population having first time arrests in those college aged years. Assuming most guys with criminal backgrounds wouldn't make it to the football team in the first place, then that would limit our discussion to first time arrests.

18% of 85 scholarship players = 15 players arrested.
If you include walk-ons, that number will go up. Then add in multiple arrests for a handful of those guys, and I can definitely see the low 20s creeping up.
Good reporting. It's amazing with stats. Not to be a dick. How come Alabama is not in the top 10?

I know we have had some stupid ones...but it does not seem like there have been 21 arrests made...it would be interesting to see who and when...I just dont remember 21 arrests.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT