ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of the if Bowman played narrative.

thatdude35

OU scholarship offer
Sep 8, 2010
Student of the Game
I know I’m late but rewatching the tech game. They didn’t score off anything but screens and short yardage (we gave them from the interceptions and penalties) from Bowman. Duffy even had the better throw by his accurate 30 yard strike to Wesley. So why did espn push that narrative if Bowman played we might’ve lost? Did they not watch the game? Duffy did just fine. We just got more pressure in the 2nd half and to be honest bowman isn’t fast at all, we might’ve gotten more sacks. I expect him to do decent against Texas Saturday in all honesty. They wanted ou to lose so bad, kept bribing up how the 7 team the first week of the cfp polls has always lost.

I watched a little bit of the Tech game again last night on ESPNU. We gave them 14 points off turnovers and the officials gave Tech 7 points when they called that pass interference on Motley. When Tech scored after that horrible call the score was 31-28 Tech. Take away those two turnovers and that phantom pass interference and the score at that point is at least 28-10. I'm pretty darn certain that if their QB doesn't go down with an injury we still beat Tech.

I watched a little bit of the Tech game again last night on ESPNU. We gave them 14 points off turnovers and the officials gave Tech 7 points when they called that pass interference on Motley. When Tech scored after that horrible call the score was 31-28 Tech. Take away those two turnovers and that phantom pass interference and the score at that point is at least 28-10. I'm pretty darn certain that if their QB doesn't go down with an injury we still beat Tech.

Exactly the same point I would make. Remove the 1st half flubs, and we already beat Bowman once. It would have been more of the same in the second half.

I know I’m late but rewatching the tech game. They didn’t score off anything but screens and short yardage (we gave them from the interceptions and penalties) from Bowman. Duffy even had the better throw by his accurate 30 yard strike to Wesley. So why did espn push that narrative if Bowman played we might’ve lost? Did they not watch the game? Duffy did just fine. We just got more pressure in the 2nd half and to be honest bowman isn’t fast at all, we might’ve gotten more sacks. I expect him to do decent against Texas Saturday in all honesty. They wanted ou to lose so bad, kept bribing up how the 7 team the first week of the cfp polls has always lost.
Because it’s true

Ditto! Guys get hurt, subs come in. Sometimes the sub plays well and sometimes the sub struggles. That's football.

I recall the OU-texas game a few years ago where Sam Bradford got injured in the 1Q and Landry Jones came in for him. OU ended up losing a close one they should have won as Landry threw 3 INTs that game.

As former Sooner DB Darrell Royal once said, "You gotta dance with the one who brung ya" when he was asked about an injured QB and how his team would respond. Well, we had to go with Landry just as Tech had to go with their back up and the results were similar.

I realize the ESPN guys were speculating on the outcome had Bowman not been injured, but let it go ESPN. It happens to everyone.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT