ADVERTISEMENT

This sums up the OU at TT game BEST!

Really, is it just that you can't have a dominant defense in the Big 12? Would Alabama's defense not dominate the league or Ohio State's defense? I get it that offensive teams in the Big 12 can't be shut down completely, but I would like to think that OU could get players and coaches that could consistently hold teams to 28 points or less. If so, wouldn't OU be more likely to match up with Clemsons and Bamas with our offense? OU once had a half a hundred offense with a dominating defense. It seems Bob has just accepted that he must win with his offense rather than have two great squads on both sides of the ball. There are coaches that would be really pissed if anyone ever said that about them. Bob would deny it, but he wouldn't convince many Sooners fans at this point.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Sorry soonermade, but that video couldn't be farther away from being a representation of the game on Saturday if you put it eleventy billion light years away. That video represents two heavyweight juggernauts slugging it out to determine who is the best in the world.

Rather than only criticize you, I'm also helping you make your pount by including a video that is exactly like the game Saturday. As a matter of fact, the video can serve as a consensed replay for those who couldn't watch the game.

Really, is it just that you can't have a dominant defense in the Big 12? Would Alabama's defense not dominate the league or Ohio State's defense? I get it that offensive teams in the Big 12 can't be shut down completely, but I would like to think that OU could get players and coaches that could consistently hold teams to 28 points or less. If so, wouldn't OU be more likely to match up with Clemsons and Bamas with our offense? OU once had a half a hundred offense with a dominating defense. It seems Bob has just accepted that he must win with his offense rather than have two great squads on both sides of the ball. There are coaches that would be really pissed if anyone ever said that about them. Bob would deny it, but he wouldn't convince many Sooners fans at this point.
Alabama has given up 40-plus points a few times: beating Clemson 45-40 in January, beating Auburn 55-44, then losing to Ohio State 42-35 the year before, losing to Auburn in the "kick-6" game 34-28, then losing to Oklahoma 45-31 during the 2013 season......but anyone who knows anything about college football won't ever throw Alabama under the bus for not having great defensive teams year in and year out. These games mentioned are the exceptions....Oklahoma's games are the norm.

Sorry soonermade, but that video couldn't be farther away from being a representation of the game on Saturday if you put it eleventy billion light years away. That video represents two heavyweight juggernauts slugging it out to determine who is the best in the world.

Rather than only criticize you, I'm also helping you make your pount by including a video that is exactly like the game Saturday. As a matter of fact, the video can serve as a consensed replay for those who couldn't watch the game.

Good pount... Ha!

Wasn't implying champions or juggernauts, but how they kept exchanging blows, one after the other like the touchdowns we saw, lol. The girls were nice though. :)

Reactions: Medic007
Alabama has given up 40-plus points a few times: beating Clemson 45-40 in January, beating Auburn 55-44, then losing to Ohio State 42-35 the year before, losing to Auburn in the "kick-6" game 34-28, then losing to Oklahoma 45-31 during the 2013 season......but anyone who knows anything about college football won't ever throw Alabama under the bus for not having great defensive teams year in and year out. These games mentioned are the exceptions....Oklahoma's games are the norm.

That's fair to say. Watching the Penn State/Ohio State game the other night, I couldn't help but compare PS's defensive performance vs. ours against the same team. To me, it was like night and day. I can't really put my finger on it. but PS seemed to play defense with more fire, harder hitting, fewer missed tackles, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT