ADVERTISEMENT

The ST JOHN telegraph......

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
When we passed, he dropped his right leg back. When we ran, both feet were on the line. The announcers picked it up and they were correct. Is that coached? I would love for someone to ask Bob that question. If UT picked that up, they knew what we were going to do on every play.

The middle screen and draw play used to be the answer for a line blitz. I haven't seen either this year, maybe a Q-B, but rarely up the middle. I was calling for a shuttle pass all game long. Someone else mentioned no runs off tackle this year. I don't know if it would have worked, but try it.............

Seibert was excellent with two punts inside the 10...........

Reactions: Section22Sooner
wow.. horrible if its true about tipping the plays..

It's true. I watched it every play after Speilman? noticed it. The only time he didn't do it was on a run\play option.

BTW, Is it true Mark Andrews texted about transferring during half time? Just Joking. The funniest exchange I read on another board was someone mentioning Andrews wasn't in the game because of his weak blocking. The response was "Why was the other OL in the game. They can't block either".

Reactions: Section22Sooner
It's true. I watched it every play after Speilman? noticed it. The only time he didn't do it was on a run\play option.

BTW, Is it true Mark Andrews texted about transferring during half time? Just Joking. The funniest exchange I read on another board was someone mentioning Andrews wasn't in the game because of his weak blocking. The response was "Why was the other OL in the game. They can't block either".

Lol.. that's hilarious..

OL was terrible today.. lost the game for us IMHO...

The right side of the image is cut off, but you'll get the idea.

20151010120156.0.0.jpg

Yes SJS was very obvious, but my question why was Farniok out there in the first half and Alveraz was not at OG? IMO we were getting smoke in the inside.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Also a good chance this is a "habit" Norvell may have known about from his time as OC.

Ya I remember they highlighted this during the game and it ended up being right on the money. 5 games into the season and the coaches haven't noticed this to correct it??

You want to bet that its corrected by next Saturday? 50/50 chance at best unless someone mentions it to Stoops. Then it probably won't be for sure especially if its Hoover. LOL

I noticed BOTH tackles doing that after Spielman pointed it out. Both had their outside legs jogged back in anticipation of speed rushes. Strong did not need to be a genius to realize that Riley has simply been relying on Mayfield's Houdini act to get out of the rush - by speed rushing from the outside on both sides and with the push up the middle....well, we all saw the results.

BTW: On rollouts Mayfield was 100% passing....unfortunately that was only used 4 times (twice to Flowers - once for a 1st down and once for a TD, once to Shepherd for a 1st down and once to Westbrook for 9 yards). But apparently Riley is a sadist and preferred to keep Mayfield in the sausage factory that is our porous pocket.

Screens to the RBs might have been a helpful novelty to offset the pass rush, but again, Riley chose not to be helpful.

That public humiliation from the announcers was as bad as behind laughed at when the db's were ten yards off Baylor receivers last year.

I am amazed that Mike Stoops did not pick up on it, he sits up in the booth. If the announcer picks up on it, and Texas coaches, what are our coaches doing

You want to bet that its corrected by next Saturday? 50/50 chance at best unless someone mentions it to Stoops. Then it probably won't be for sure especially if its Hoover. LOL

I very much hope it's corrected by next Saturday. But the bigger question is St John is a senior. I don't go over game film like the team and coaches do, so I'm curious if this is something that has been there for quite sometime or not?? Good lord you would think by the time a guy gets to his senior season that little things like this would be taken care of. I know the announcers picked up on it, but I'm wondering it's something Texas was keyed into as well??

Maybe it was a game adjustment on St. John's part because he was getting beat by UT pass rushers, and his coach didn't pick it up. I have a hard time believing that technic is taught or permitted normally. Just too obvious what the offense is going to run.

Four-star recruit by ESPN.com, 247sports.com and PrepStar.com ... Three-star recruit by Scout.com and Rivals.com ... No. 6 JUCO recruit (ESPN.com) ... Had offers from Kansas, Baylor, Arizona State, Arkansas, Florida State, Mississippi, Oregon State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and West Virginia.LOOKS like has talent, needs COACHING.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT