ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RRR GAME THREAD - GAME #6 - OU VS. UT

Also because the offense is not a clock killing, time of possession offense. That wears down the defense since it's on the field too long.
Been screaming about this since last year. Part of being a great Head Coach means making adjustments. While scoring TDs is the goal, scoring in 1-3 minutes and not playing for long, sustained drives that result in TDs is all on Riley. He HAS to recognize the D needs help, and constantly putting them right back on the field after they just came off isn’t helping. Make adjustments.

Reactions: td71sooner
Been screaming about this since last year. Part of being a great Head Coach means making adjustments. While scoring TDs is the goal, scoring in 1-3 minutes and not playing for long, sustained drives that result in TDs is all on Riley. He HAS to recognize the D needs help, and constantly putting them right back on the field after they just came off isn’t helping. Make adjustments.

So is Hollywood supposed to fall down when he's blazing past everybody?

I do not accept the defensive woes as the offense scoring to fast. It is the scheme.

I do not accept the defensive woes as the offense scoring to fast. It is the scheme.

Completely agree.

Scoring fast might contribute a little to the problem, but our defense is getting its @ss kicked every game.

Scoring fast is not an excuse for Army running eight billion plays against us, and it's not an excuse for Baylor running eight billion plays against. We're being either out schemed, or out physical-ed, by inferior programs.

And TX lighting us up like a christmas tree? I mean just embarrassing us?

That was the last straw for me.

I thank MS for his years of service to the university. He was part of our most recent national championship, which was won primarily with defense. For that, we're forever in his debt.

But if he got let go tomorrow morning, I would just shrug my shoulders and say, well, something had to be done.

Reactions: bcsoonerfan
LOL, of course not.
OK, let me reset my take. Is my suggestion ridiculous? Of course.
But, if Riley either can't/won't recognize that Stoops either can't/won't change, and assuming Riley isn't blind to the fact that the Defense is struggling on an All-Time worst level, then one thing Riley can control is the offense.
It may not even help, but slowing down the offense by running the ball, not throwing deep, might just give the defense a little bit of help by
1) shortening the game, and
2) letting them recover.
Of course, this strategy only works when winning, not when falling behind by 3 TDs in the 3rd Q.

But, are we not at the point of admitting that whatever the Defense is doing, IT'S NOT WORKING. And, it's on the HC to do everything he can to make the TEAM succeed, not just the Offense. So, if that means you try something a little different on Offense to try and help the Defense, try it. It's only going to get worse if he does nothing. We're being propped up by the Offense to this point. If we start losing and start losing the effort and success on the Offense side, thing could unravel quickly.

All I'm saying is Riley needs to do something, ANYTHING, at this point to help the Defense. If that means something as ridiculous as long, slow Offensive drives in lieu of fast scores...that's all I'm saying. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I believe someone else posting earlier today about the definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So, Riley, try something different.

Time for LR to step up and say ...you are right Sooner fans & media. Our defense is an abomination and remains in chaos. The DBs look completely lost and have shown very little moxy and fundamentals. This playing teams that are not exactly higher level. We will continue to get picked apart and will be forced to score 60-70 points just to eek out a win. Time after time, Jack In Box has schemes that fail to produce any real defensive pressure on the opponent QB. Then by time his “adjustments” are made, it is too late...the pooch has been screwed. Another game of 500 yards allowed. That is not acceptable for any reason. A defense should improve as a season goes on with adequate coaching and players being more confident. We are far from confident and in a downward spiral. Time for action Lincoln. Not in January either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT