ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - OU vs. IOWA STATE - GAME #9

That Les Miles "Sooner" reference was interesting. Could we see Les as DC next year?

One play away from trailing again one play away from leading again, one play away from trailing again, one play away from leading again.......

Still don't understand why Riley has a death wish for Baker. Surely we can get our short passing game started and take advantage of what ISU is giving us. Keeps wanting Baker to be greedy.

Woohoo... a 3 & out... defense is kicking ass... and flowers are springing up in the fall...

Flowers cannot handle this many carries...he is gonna fumble one from fatigue or get injured and unable to return

I don't want Les Miles to even use the bathroom facilities at Owen Stadium.....and since he has never coached defense, how certain can one be that he would be a good D.C. ?
Besides, Miles' ego will not allow him to step down to being someone's assistant.

I remember feeling this level of anxiety when playing Alabama in the Sugar bowl. Sucks that it's come down to hoping this hard for a win against Iowa State.

Let's go offense dammit.

6 pt lead 7 min left....hope u feel better about this than I do

Now we're handcuffing our explosive offense by removing tempo, all to protect the defense?

Not the right call in my opinion.

Reactions: ESPiam
Excuse me 10 points... I feel a little better now. I'm so confused after watching this mess

Adams didn't play much after whiffing on the block that led to the Mayfield sack/interception. Bob sending a message that you have to take care of the details. If he did the same thing with defensive players, we'd have nobody to put on the field.

Reactions: CTOkie and Oklabama
Not sure what to make of this...but it's a win so I'm ok with it. Thank God they got in their own way on a lot of plays or we would be in a lot worse shape. Baker, the receivers and Flowers are stars though.

Stoops is soft n gooey...put the ball in end zone. Now it looks like it was a close game to the dunderheads that vote, but never watch a game. This unless ESPN gives them SEC propaganda first. Enter Florida....

Straight up football to minimize injuries. Too bad Iowa thought it was a real game and was trying to put Baker through the turf every play. We played tentative and our players looked sleepy and unmotivated. I swear they all looked like they toked it up in the locker room before they came out...and they played like it.

It was a win though... Wish I could be more enthusiastic about it but if the players cant why should I

Adams didn't play much after whiffing on the block that led to the Mayfield sack/interception. Bob sending a message that you have to take care of the details. If he did the same thing with defensive players, we'd have nobody to put on the field.

The whiffed block/interception came in the first quarter on the second drive. Adams was in on every series of the first half except one. His last carry was with about 1:30 left in the half, where he took a good shot to the head...

He was in a lot in the second half, actually... his number just wasn't called...

He was in on the last play of the game when Baker took a knee...

Last edited:
Stoops played it smart to let the final seconds run out with his offense. There are much bigger fish to fry from here on.
Take the win, get out of town and use 9 days to heal and rest for the difficult schedule ahead.
To hell with ESPN and its love affair with the SEC.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT