ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Game Thread - OU vs. Houston = Game #1.

Say what you want, but this is more on the offense than the D.
It really is. I'm not trying to defend the defense here, but the offense has just been beyond awful. The offense has given the defense ZERO help!!!! The defense can't get off the field cuz the offense can't stay ON the field.

It really is. I'm not trying to defend the defense here, but the offense has just been beyond awful. The offense has given the defense ZERO help!!!! The defense can't get off the field cuz the offense can't stay ON the field.

Exactly. Not going to beat many teams with 17 points.

Reactions: BoomerSooner1997
With the lack of RE's.... I'm wondering if Mixon could be a slot guy....then we have the 3-4 best players on the field at the same time...

This kind of stuff is more embarrassing than the result of any game.

This is why so many make fun of OU. Your fan base is not obligated to Stoops for something he did long ago. Some of the collapses by OU in recent history if any thing should be making the admin at OU want answers and forcing some changes. It is not in anyway shape or form acceptable what happened today.

How can we let Seibert attempt a 53 yard field goal and look as though we have no clue that they have a guy back there? We just aren't that good this year folks........Spencer Tillman was right

This is why so many make fun of OU. Your fan base is not obligated to Stoops for something he did long ago. Some of the collapses by OU in recent history if any thing should be making the admin at OU want answers and forcing some changes. It is not in anyway shape or form acceptable what happened today.

Dude, we made the final four last year. What did your team do?

Can't wait for the typical arrogant Bob Stoops press conference where he treats questions about his team and this loss as incompetent and stupid.
Was thinking the same thing BR. My guess is he will be all defensive and won't admit to any dumb coaching mistakes. That field goal run back was horrific on the coaching part

What are you talking about? We were in the playoff last year. We lost to a better team today. Some of you act like nobody else is allowed to be better than us. Nobody else is ever allowed to win or beat us. We're entitled to win every game. Just give it up to a better team that is having a fantastic period in their athletics history. Good for them.

And name one guy that we can get that is any better. That's what everyone fails to consider. It's always get rid of Stoops, but name one guy better that we can get.

How can we let Seibert attempt a 53 yard field goal and look as though we have no clue that they have a guy back there? We just aren't that good this year folks........Spencer Tillman was right
How many times, in big games, have we said or thought the following.....?
OU was outcoached in every phase of the game!
OU was not prepared!
OU players didn't seem ready!

What are you talking about? We were in the playoff last year. We lost to a better team today. Some of you act like nobody else is allowed to be better than us. Nobody else is ever allowed to win or beat us. We're entitled to win every game. Just give it up to a better team that is having a fantastic period in their athletics history. Good for them.

And name one guy that we can get that is any better. That's what everyone fails to consider. It's always get rid of Stoops, but name one guy better that we can get.
Here come the Stoops apologists. Can you at least admit that kicking a 53 yard field goal (one which everyone knew he didn't have the leg for) and risking a run back was a terrible lack of coaching judgment?

Tom Herman maybe?

How many times, in big games, have we said or thought the following.....?
OU was outcoached in every phase of the game!
OU was not prepared!
OU players didn't seem ready!

not nearly as many times as we have said we did all of above. 10 wins a year and 6 Big12 championships.

not nearly as many times as we have said we did all of above. 10 wins a year and 6 Big12 championships.
K2C....I agree with you on what you state....however, you have to admit, this type of meltdown happens more than it should... Yes we have a great team and tradition to root for... and I'm hoping this was the wake up call and we get at least 10 wins this year!!

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Can't wait for the typical arrogant Bob Stoops press conference where he treats questions about his team and this loss as incompetent and stupid.
Well if your expecting him to act like the sky is falling over one game, no that's not going to happen.

Here come the Stoops apologists. Can you at least admit that kicking a 53 yard field goal (one which everyone knew he didn't have the leg for) and risking a run back was a terrible lack of coaching judgment?
I didn't know and the coaches that watch him kick in practice every day didn't know. But really funny how you're in the know on something like that.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Didn't the team have some sort of motto this year having to do with winning #8????
K2C....I agree with you on what you state....however, you have to admit, this type of meltdown happens more than it should... Yes we have a great team and tradition to root for... and I'm hoping this was the wake up call and we get at least 10 wins this year!!
we'll get 10 wins and get blown out in a bowl game.......same old thing

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
Well if your expecting him to act like the sky is falling over one game, no that's not going to happen.

I didn't know and the coaches that watch him kick in practice every day didn't know. But really funny how you're in the know on something like that.
It would have been a career long. The guy can't even get it in the end zone on kickoffs. It was a very long shot and Stoops should have known better. Major blunder that totally turned the tide

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT