ADVERTISEMENT

The Marion Correctional prison in Marion Ohio. Almost 2000 of the inmates

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
(80% of the prisoners) and several of the guards have caught the very contagious Covid-19 virus and several prisoners have died.

Worldwide the U.S. has the most victims over a Million and the most deaths over 63,000 have died in only a two month period of time with more deaths than the entire Vietnam 20 year war. In early February we only had in the U.S.15 people with the virus and no deaths.

We and the rest of the world are facing the most virulent very contagious pandemic we have ever faced in our lifetime and in our parent's lifetime also and we still have many hot spots in America with many deaths daily.

Not only are old people getting sick and dying but young children are having heart attacks and young people in their 20s are getting blood clots of the brain causing strokes.

Yes we all feel confined and want to get out and to live our lives normally but in my opinion it is way too early to open up the economy allowing this invisible disease to reappear with a vengeance.
Only 2% of Americans have been tested to see if we have the virus. That percentage is way too small to guarantee we are safe from getting sick.

Time will tell but it is way too early and that prison overrun with the virus in Ohio is influencing my thoughts on what could happen to us.

The 2017 mortality rate in the US is 723 person per 100,000. There are 328 million Americans.
That's an average of 2.4M Americans dying each year.
2/12 (months) * 2.4M = 395,000 per 2 months

So on average, the US loses 395,000 people every 2 months. I'd like to know how much Covid-19 deaths have skewed the average US death rate. 60,000 is a 20% jump, but I wonder how many of those that would have suffered just had another target to point at.

Reactions: iasooner1
I'd like to know how much Covid-19 deaths have skewed the average US death rate. 60,000 is a 20% jump, but I wonder how many of those that would have suffered just had another target to point at.
Judging by the overfilled morgues, I’m guessing not that many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT