ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Tatum thread (UPDATE Tue 3:10pm)

Parker Thune

Campus Legend
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023
UPDATE: I have talked to double-digit sources today to try and get to the bottom of all this. Just finished a conversation with a couple top sources very close to the recruitment.

In sum, here’s what I’ve gleaned: a decision is expected this weekend and Tatum is still deliberating with his family. From all I have been told, there is more reason for confidence on the OU end than the USC end, but nothing is decided with 100 percent certainty. I give the edge to Oklahoma at this point, and it seems that the Trojans have some ground to make up. Can it be done? Yes, but the rather bold baseball-first angle that Oklahoma has taken sets the Sooners in the pole position until further notice.

Based on the word of numerous sources this morning, I'm comfortable reporting to y'all that Oklahoma has gained a lot of overnight steam in the race for Taylor Tatum, and I'll expound more in today's 2-for-Tuesdays column. Sounds as though the Sooner staff made a major move in this race within the last 12-24 hours, and I'm told a decision could come soon from the blue-chip Longview (Texas) running back. Touching base with a couple more sources before I go so far as to enter a FutureCast, because we're talking about the industry's No. 1 RB in the 2024 class here. I don't want to drop a prediction until I can say beyond any reasonable doubt that OU is the move.

Regardless, hopefully this makes your day a little brighter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News