ADVERTISEMENT

Sumlin fired at A$M

My Aggie connections have indicated to me that Sumlin is as good as gone. They were saying this after the opening loss to UCLA.

I read 25 sec coaches have been fired since saban took over at bumma. If Sumlin is gone that would make 26 and if arkie fires buddha bielema and it seems they will at seasons end that would be 27.
How can that be? According to espin the sec is the best conference in college football. With all the firings since saban arrived at bumma that certainly is not the case.

Reactions: iasooner1
I read 25 sec coaches have been fired since saban took over at bumma. If Sumlin is gone that would make 26 and if arkie fires buddha bielema and it seems they will at seasons end that would be 27.
How can that be? According to espin the sec is the best conference in college football. With all the firings since saban arrived at bumma that certainly is not the case.
Well look at it this way, this is Saban's 11th season at Alabama. There are 13 other teams in the SEC besides Alabama. So every other program is averaging firing a coach just over every 5 years. Mix into that the bottom feeder programs and they prolly rotate coaches every 3-4 years trying to find the magic pill. So 26 total over 11 seasons with 13 programs isn't all that big a deal.

Coaches fired in the sec 2017 so far, Jones at Tenn, Freeze at Ole Miss, Sumlin aTm, McElwain Florida, possibly Bielema at Arkie. Thats a lot of HC's gone in one season in the same Conference. Malzahn possibly if he loses to bama again. If someone doesn't step up and start competing with Saban the trend is likely to continue.

Reactions: iasooner1
Thats my point, if the rest of the sec is so good then why are so many Coaches getting canned? Because you have bama and not much else.
That's true today. The SEC isn't what it was 4-5 years ago. No other conference has really stepped up to fill that void though of being the top conference. So the SEC still carries that reputation, even though that conference isn't stacked like it use to be.

Funny story. My pest control guy came and sprayed a few weeks ago. He has seen all my OU stuff before and was asking me how good I thought OU was this year, this was right before the Iowa State game. I told him I thought we have a chance to be pretty good but time will tell.
He said not much to look forward to with his team, Arkansas. He immediately started talking Bama this and Bama that. Very typical of an sec fan to do that. At least I thought it was pretty funny. When their team whatever team it is cannot stack up vs yours, they pull the Bama Card.

He said not much to look forward to with his team, Arkansas. He immediately started talking Bama this and Bama that. Very typical of an sec fan to do that. At least I thought it was pretty funny. When their team whatever team it is cannot stack up vs yours, they pull the Bama Card.
Man that's what Arky fans do. All my Arky fan buddies start going on and on about being in the SEC. That is their claim to fame. A few of my buddies are delusional to the point of claiming Arky would go undefeated in the Big XII every year. They literally are that drunk off the SEC hype machine. Arky fans are just the most insufferable fans on the planet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT