ADVERTISEMENT

Sugar Bowl

Anyone who is pulling for Texass, I'm not sure how you can consider yourself a real OU fan. Texass hate EASILY trumps the hate for SEC. It's not even close.
I consider myself as big an OU fan as anyone but I have no hatred of UT except on the 2nd Sat. in Oct. I've lived in Texas for 54 years. 3 of my 4 children went to UT...one was a member of the Texas Cowboy spirit org'. On the other hand, Waddy Young was my godfather. 2 brother-in-laws played for Bud. One was pres. of BOR. I have numerous friends who played for OU. I hosted Switzer and his staff in my home. To say having a positive feeling for Texas disqualifies you as an OU fan is ludicrous and absurd.

After 3 weeks of hearing how bad they were going to beat us it was well deserved imo (the "overrated" chant). As for the horns down I actually agree with you. Herman's stance is hypocritical.

Especially given the fact Bevo is on national television giving the horns down before the Sugar Bowl. That’s according to Uga’s viewpoint.

texass came out like I had hoped OU would but Riley deferred.:mad:
If uga loses it will be like bama in the Sugar Bowl when we won, they didn't want to be there, they should have been in the playoffs blah blah blah.
If they win the BIG 12 is weak and we should have been in the playoffs not OU blah blah blah blah.
Horns win or lose will still run their mouths too.
Wish they both could lose.
DON'T DEFER is going to be my Battle Cry, going forward, this year! :mad:

No need to explain the reasoning behind that...I understand his line of 'thinking' completely, but he did it Twice...Both times, it put us in the hole...Both times, we lost the game...I rest my case! 12-2...:(

Last edited:
I consider myself as big an OU fan as anyone but I have no hatred of UT except on the 2nd Sat. in Oct. I've lived in Texas for 54 years. 3 of my 4 children went to UT...one was a member of the Texas Cowboy spirit org'. On the other hand, Waddy Young was my godfather. 2 brother-in-laws played for Bud. One was pres. of BOR. I have numerous friends who played for OU. I hosted Switzer and his staff in my home. To say having a positive feeling for Texas disqualifies you as an OU fan is ludicrous and absurd.
Good lord.....

DON'T DEFER is going to be my Battle Cry, going forward, this year! :mad:

No need to explain the reasoning behind that...I understand his line of 'thinking' completely, but he did it Twice...Both times, it put us in the hole...Both times, we lost the game...I rest my case! 12-2...:(
He deferred in the BIG 12 CC game and we won that one. We had the ball first when we played them and lost.

Anyone who is pulling for Texass, I'm not sure how you can consider yourself a real OU fan. Texass hate EASILY trumps the hate for SEC. It's not even close.
Why? There are times to me that it is perfectly okay to pull for UT and Okie Lite. When a win by them benefits OU or when they are playing against an SEC Team in a Bowl Game. The more that the SEC beats the Big 12 in Bowl Games, the more it add to ESPN and the Talking Heads points that the SEC is the Superior Conference. This hurts OU if the Big 12 is perceived to be a Weaker Conference. Makes it tough if OU is tied with an SEC Team in regard to playoff consideration. Perception is reality.

After 3 weeks of hearing how bad they were going to beat us it was well deserved imo (the "overrated" chant). As for the horns down I actually agree with you. Herman's stance is hypocritical.

I agree 100%.

Reactions: iasooner1
Why? There are times to me that it is perfectly okay to pull for UT and Okie Lite. When a win by them benefits OU or when they are playing against an SEC Team in a Bowl Game. The more that the SEC beats the Big 12 in Bowl Games, the more it add to ESPN and the Talking Heads points that the SEC is the Superior Conference. This hurts OU if the Big 12 is perceived to be a Weaker Conference. Makes it tough if OU is tied with an SEC Team in regard to playoff consideration. Perception is reality.

In those cases, it is still not ok to root for Texas. You are just supposed to root extremely hard against the team they're playing.

'cause that shyte makes a difference. ;-)

Reactions: iasooner1 and Wadl
I really don't care about perception for the most part. Perception does nothing to help or hurt OUs play on the field. The Big XII doesn't have a glowing reputation, but OU has still managed to get into the playoff 3 of the last 4 years. The only reputation and perception I really care about is OU itself. And when it comes to Texass, I love to see them lose. I'll never be a conference fan. I'm an OU fan. And I'm not one of those people who always cry about the SEC and the "talking heads" that pump them.

Shorthorns claim they are back but half the team starters seemingly graduate or may move on to NFL. So you can honestly say they will not be all the way back. Maybe they will be back to 3rd or 4th place. Lol

I really don't care about perception for the most part. Perception does nothing to help or hurt OUs play on the field. The Big XII doesn't have a glowing reputation, but OU has still managed to get into the playoff 3 of the last 4 years. The only reputation and perception I really care about is OU itself. And when it comes to Texass, I love to see them lose. I'll never be a conference fan. I'm an OU fan. And I'm not one of those people who always cry about the SEC and the "talking heads" that pump them.

I see your point BR, but don't you feel that TXs win makes the big 12 look better thus making OU look better? I think it helps to validate OU's spot in t he playoffs since Georgia was the other team in question.

Reactions: thatdude35
I see your point BR, but don't you feel that TXs win makes the big 12 look better thus making OU look better? I think it helps to validate OU's spot in t he playoffs since Georgia was the other team in question.
Exactly, conference perception matters unless you can go undefeated every year.

We’re back my ass....with all the people you Shorthorns lose...you won’t even climb the stairs in 2019.

You may want to believe that, but Texas is back. I'm sure you thought Texas would lose to Georgia, but this team will keep it pushing next season, while OU falls back. OU's defense will still be terrible, and your offense will not be potent enough to save you. Texas is going to be a problem.

Last edited:
You may want to believe that, but Texas is back. I'm sure you thought Texas would lose to Georgia, but this team will keep it pushing next season, while OU falls back. OU's defense will still be terrible, and your offense will not be potent enough to save you. Texas is going to be a problem.

Actually no I picked the Shorthorns. I was not convinced that GA was all mighty as the SEC butt lickers kept on and on about.

Reactions: thatdude35

Regardless of what he says it does. The twitter verse says the committee got it right and ppl say we were actually the 3rd best team.

Actually no I picked the Shorthorns. I was not convinced that GA was all mighty as the SEC butt lickers kept on and on about.

Um hmm, ok. Sounds like Collin Johnson and LJ are coming back. Texas is back fella. We'll lose a few on defense, but we have some heat behind those guys. I'm actually excited about Cook and Green at CB. I've always thought Hager should have been replaced on the DL, and now it will happen by default. And our safeties are easily the best in the Big 12. No concerns about Todd Orlando's defense. OU is the team that will take a step back.

Shorthorns claim they are back but half the team starters seemingly graduate or may move on to NFL. So you can honestly say they will not be all the way back. Maybe they will be back to 3rd or 4th place. Lol

You have no clue about Texas’ roster fwiw

All I have left to say.

tenor.gif

Hate Texas every game except when they play an SEC team. I always want the Big 12 to win their bowl games. Good for the conference...good for OU. Glad they beat Georgia but the horns on my wall still point down.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually hate the SEC, or just hate boastful SEC-fans and the media hype machine (which isn't the same thing as the SEC). I ignore those idiots and don't let it affect my joy in watching some really great football. The SEC has got it going big-time.

If there is any conference I don't care about, it's what has become of the Big 12 and the horrible leadership over the years... letting UT step on everyone's Sholz, which resulted in Nebraska, Mizzou and A&M flipping the bird and leaving. (CU was going to leave anyway). That is what I hate; how this once-great football conference has been reduced to mediocrity at best. There was a time the Big 12 was known as THE conference. No more. Gone forever.

Thanks a lot Texas.

The one cure for hatred for the SEC is for OU to move to the SEC. The hatred would disappear overnight.

...And leave the UT conference-destroyers behind.

Lol if you think it's tears. That's hilarious!!! :eek::eek:

If there were tears, then ya it's cuz I'm sad that Texass won a huge game. My condolences that you apparently are joyful over a Texass win.

What? You still sound distraught. Tissue for your tears?

Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually hate the SEC, or just hate boastful SEC-fans and the media hype machine (which isn't the same thing as the SEC). I ignore those idiots and don't let it affect my joy in watching some really great football. The SEC has got it going big-time.

If there is any conference I don't care about, it's what has become of the Big 12 and the horrible leadership over the years... letting UT step on everyone's Sholz, which resulted in Nebraska, Mizzou and A&M flipping the bird and leaving. (CU was going to leave anyway). That is what I hate; how this once-great football conference has been reduced to mediocrity at best. There was a time the Big 12 was known as THE conference. No more. Gone forever.

Thanks a lot Texas.

The one cure for hatred for the SEC is for OU to move to the SEC. The hatred would disappear overnight.

...And leave the UT conference-destroyers behind.

Too funny, the SEC is where OU belongs. OU will never be AAU and your endowment is tiny. Go do some research on the piggies. You will become the piggies without Texas High School players.

Only person distraught is yourself about me questioning ones fandom. And coming from a Texass fan hanging on an OU board is rich. Once again..my condolences....;);)

Is this supposed to be smack talk? The ole "I know you are but what am I" talk doesn't move me. Using "Texass" as an insult doesn't bother me...it's a brainless insult. Saying I'm hanging out an OU board, when you post on the Texas board more than I do here, is simply asinine and hypocritical. Do better lil fella. Do you need that tissue or nah? This thread hasn't been good to you.

Too funny, the SEC is where OU belongs. OU will never be AAU and your endowment is tiny. Go do some research on the piggies. You will become the piggies without Texas High School players.
This guy has no credibility...reason/ 2300 Nueces is the address of the Phi Delt house at UT. Both my sons were Phi Delts at Texas Anyone who lived at 2300 Nueces is suspect .

In the bigger picture, Herbstreit will never live this one down. He ranted for three weeks how Georgia (based on a loss) was deserving of a final four spot over OU and Ohio State whose resumes were built on the entire season. He was still subtly bitching about it during the OU-Bama broadcast.

In that light, Dear Herbie--you were wrong, the playoff committee got it right, STFU. For that, if nothing else, we owe the Horns a giant THANK YOU! Now I can go back to my regularly scheduled hatred of Suxass.

I don't give any ESPN'er more credibility than the people I talk to everyday either on the phone or in person.
Mark May in 2014 said before the Sugar Bowl: "Alabama 48, OU 10" (so close !).
Herbstreit is harmless, as is Fowler. Corso is about entertainment only.
From what I saw last week, I believe Brian Bosworth should pursue a full time job on a network. He was excellent....and not just about OU.

Reactions: iasooner1
I don't give any ESPN'er more credibility than the people I talk to everyday either on the phone or in person.
Mark May in 2014 said before the Sugar Bowl: "Alabama 48, OU 10" (so close !).
Herbstreit is harmless, as is Fowler. Corso is about entertainment only.
From what I saw last week, I believe Brian Bosworth should pursue a full time job on a network. He was excellent....and not just about OU.

Part of my problem was that I view(ed) Herbstreit and Fowler as voices of sanity in the "look at me world" of obvious clowns like Mark May, Lee Corso, Lou Holtz, and Desmond Howard. I lost respect for Herbstreit because, in this instance, he was so vested in his own opinion that he wouldn't listen to any other views and that he simply wouldn't let it go or shut up about it. To me, it was different than an ignorant talking head who states his opinion and moves on. Herbstreit clearly had a misguided and seemingly personal agenda for which he should be accountable. I'd probably change my opinion if he were to unexpectedly recant and admit the pro-SEC/ESPN funded grudge he carried for nearly a month was wrong. However, I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Is this supposed to be smack talk? The ole "I know you are but what am I" talk doesn't move me. Using "Texass" as an insult doesn't bother me...it's a brainless insult. Saying I'm hanging out an OU board, when you post on the Texas board more than I do here, is simply asinine and hypocritical. Do better lil fella. Do you need that tissue or nah? This thread hasn't been good to you.
That's rich considering your posts in this thread. I post a few times on the Whorn board a year, and go find one where I show up talking smack. Sounds like you're the one needing tissue since clearly you are still ass hurt about losing the Big XII title to OU, and felt the need to come back over here to cry your little heart out after Texass won the Sugar Bowl. So you keep the tissue. Pretty clear you need it.

That's rich considering your posts in this thread. I post a few times on the Whorn board a year, and go find one where I show up talking smack. Sounds like you're the one needing tissue since clearly you are still ass hurt about losing the Big XII title to OU, and felt the need to come back over here to cry your little heart out after Texass won the Sugar Bowl. So you keep the tissue. Pretty clear you need it.

You're all over the place lil fella. Just babbling about nothing. We beat OU in the RRR and played well in the Big 12 Championship, I'm far from hurt about that. Nice reach to deflect from your crocodile tears. But I know it killed you after the RRR. Should I dig up the thread? And then you go and say I'm crying my heart out because Texas won the Sugar Bowl? The only thing that can be taken from your post, is that you're not just a whiner...you're stuck on stupid. Tissue?

Too far back for your young'n memory, but OU used to be in a separate conference than Texas. While UT was ruining the SWC, OU was doing fine in the Big 8 with lots of Texas players, and kicking UT's butt on a regular basis.

Alabama has about 60.....sixty....players from outside of the state of Alabama. That's never mentioned anywhere and it shouldn't be.
This age-old attack on OU for recruiting Texas players is as silly as it is old, especially when you look at rosters of Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame, etc.
Where is it a law that states an athlete cannot go out-of-state to attend college ?
Nueces, take your millennial viewpoints somewhere else. You're in over your head here.

You're all over the place lil fella. Just babbling about nothing. We beat OU in the RRR and played well in the Big 12 Championship, I'm far from hurt about that. Nice reach to deflect from your crocodile tears. But I know it killed you after the RRR. Should I dig up the thread? And then you go and say I'm crying my heart out because Texas won the Sugar Bowl? The only thing that can be taken from your post, is that you're not just a whiner...you're stuck on stupid. Tissue?
Uhh oh...he called me stupid!!! Look who's getting frustrated!!! HAHAHA :D:D:eek::eek:

Trolling Whorns is just too easy. :cool::cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: kcstorm06
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT