ADVERTISEMENT

Sugar Bowl

CalSooner

OU scholarship offer
May 29, 2001
As hard as it is for me to do this ... I'm pulling for Texas today in the Sugar Bowl.

A Texas win is good for the Big 12.

And it would be a kick in the nuts for the SEC to have Georgia lose.

How do you folks feel?

I'm looking forward to Georgia breaking in Texas's rump like a new baseball glove.

texass came out like I had hoped OU would but Riley deferred.
If uga loses it will be like bama in the Sugar Bowl when we won, they didn't want to be there, they should have been in the playoffs blah blah blah.
If they win the BIG 12 is weak and we should have been in the playoffs not OU blah blah blah blah.
Horns win or lose will still run their mouths too.
Wish they both could lose.

Everything went Texas's way early. Georgia looks to be settling in. Texas will need to have another long drive to stifle Georgia's momentum.

Boggles the mind why OU cannot play defense. Inexcusable really.

They can. We just didn't let them. New DC will likely be somebody who comes in and has these guys breathing fire and trying to kill anything that moves.

They can. We just didn't let them. New DC will likely be somebody who comes in and has these guys breathing fire and trying to kill anything that moves.
It's not that we don't have the players it's we don't get them in the correct position to defend. A defensive coordinator must be able to anticipate the upcoming play and position the players accordingly. Ruffin didn't do that against Alabama although I think he was a step ahead of MS recently.

It's not that we don't have the players it's we don't get them in the correct position to defend. A defensive coordinator must be able to anticipate the upcoming play and position the players accordingly. Ruffin didn't do that against Alabama although I think he was a step ahead of MS recently.

Our entire scheme is to not get beat with big plays. So we don't attack and we play super soft zones and cushions. And when we do press, we don't hit the receivers, which is even worse than playing soft.

Glad to see someone plays good defense in the Big12. The team that bitched about not getting into the final four gets owned by the second best in the Big12.

Well .... look what happened today:

Ohio State only beat Washington by 5 points. That will shut their mouth about how they should have been picked over OU.

and Texas beats Georgia. That will shut their mouth about how they should have been in the final 4.

It also means that OU should end up higher in the final poll than either Georgia or OSU.

texass came out like I had hoped OU would but Riley deferred.
If uga loses it will be like bama in the Sugar Bowl when we won, they didn't want to be there, they should have been in the playoffs blah blah blah.
If they win the BIG 12 is weak and we should have been in the playoffs not OU blah blah blah blah.
Horns win or lose will still run their mouths too.
Wish they both could lose.

Me too. Georgia got their ass handed to them and Kirby said they wanted to be there and told him team if they didn’t they should leave. So, that narrative isn’t a factor about wanting to be there. Kirby also chewed out the team when they were down 20-7

Well .... look what happened today:

Ohio State only beat Washington by 5 points. That will shut their mouth about how they should have been picked over OU.

and Texas beats Georgia. That will shut their mouth about how they should have been in the final 4.

It also means that OU should end up higher in the final poll than either Georgia or OSU.

Ohio State fans already saying they let up.

Not very classy of the horn fans to chant "Overrated" and sing the "Na-na-na-na-hey-hey-hey, goodbye" song as the game was winding down. They also finish one of their fight songs (Texas Fight?) with the closing phrase, "OU sucks!" We only heard that about 100 times in the RRS and in the Big12 Conference Championship Game. Yet, their coach whines about how disrespectful it is when opposing fans and teams throw the horns down.

Congrats on winning the Sugar, but horn fans and Tom Herman are first class hypocrites. By the way, I was pulling for Georgia tonight.

Reactions: iasooner1
Not very classy of the horn fans to chant "Overrated" and sing the "Na-na-na-na-hey-hey-hey, goodbye" song as the game was winding down. They also finish one of their fight songs (Texas Fight?) with the closing phrase, "OU sucks!" We only heard that about 100 times in the RRS and in the Big12 Conference Championship Game. Yet, their coach whines about how disrespectful it is when opposing fans and teams throw the horns down.

Congrats on winning the Sugar, but horn fans and Tom Herman are first class hypocrites. By the way, I was pulling for Georgia tonight.

After 3 weeks of hearing how bad they were going to beat us it was well deserved imo (the "overrated" chant). As for the horns down I actually agree with you. Herman's stance is hypocritical.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...a-fans-chanting-overrated-during-alabama-loss

I've always thought the "over-rated" chant degrades your own team and says they are not that good. Rather than "the best team won", it says, "your highly rated team is down here with us".

It just shows the mindset of the modern UT fan.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT