ADVERTISEMENT

Stronghorns

Mister Moses

OU scholarship offer
Sep 27, 2011
I give the horn spin machine another opportunity. They did Michael Dyer a couple of days ago. You see Charlie says he did his homework on Dyer. The horns and again I'm referring to horn posters here. Charlie checked him out and he has better judgement than other coaches.
I really thought Charlie was a good hire for a little while. The reason that changed is the fabrication of his superiority regarding moral.
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/c...-cleans-he-will-never-be-spotless-5649431.php

Quote:
But if Strong is changing Texas, he can't do anything about college football. He will still do what his peers do, and what he did at Louisville, which is gamble on teenagers.
He will take some who probably shouldn't be on a campus. He will weigh risk vs. reward, and every situation won't be as defined as a sexual assault case is.
That was tested four years ago before ever coaching a game at Louisville. A senior defensive back who had started 26 consecutive games faced an assault charge stemming from an incident with a female acquaintance.
The player pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of harassment with physical contact and he started for Strong the next season when Louisville began its turnaround.
So why didn't Strong dismiss him, too? What happened to the "treat women with respect" principle?

A guess: Strong believed the player warranted a second chance, given the facts of the case and the history of the player.

Another guess: The player's ability had something to do with it. Johnny Patrick became an NFL third-round pick and is currently with the Jets, and no one who has left the Texas program since Strong's arrival comes close to that talent level.

I give the horn spin machine another opportunity. They did Michael Dyer a couple of days ago. You see Charlie says he did his homework on Dyer. The horns and again I'm referring to horn posters here. Charlie checked him out and he has better judgement than other coaches.
I really thought Charlie was a good hire for a little while. The reason that changed is the fabrication of his superiority regarding moral.
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/c...-cleans-he-will-never-be-spotless-5649431.php

Need a subscription to read the article

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT