ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops Discusses Coaching Change

FZanix

Walk-on candidate
Dec 16, 2019

Definitely an interesting watch, but here are some notable quotes:

1:02 - "We'll find a great head coach, and I am sure it won't take long. I anticipate this weekend sometime, at the latest maybe Monday."

2:33 - "We'll find somebody to step in and move forward, and maybe even improve us."

4:05 - "(in reference to whether or not he thought Lincoln's decision to leave impacted on the field performances) "Again, I don't speculate, you know, we obviously through the year weren't our usual thorough selves and especially we sputtered in different spots offensively, so whether that is reason why or not, it doesn't matter, that's what happened and that's where we are."

4:48 - "(In reference to whether he thought Sunday was truly the first time Lincoln talked to USC) Oh, who am I to say? In the end, if he wasn't talking to them, his agent was, somebody was. You don't work out all those fine details in an hour or two."

5:24 - "(On the Roy Manning Situation) There's differing views on how that actually happened."

6:07 - "(Reaction to Lincoln leaving) Disappointed and somewhat shocked, to some degree. You know, with all the university has laid out and tried to improve for him... I wish him the best."

8:55 - "(Recruiting) That's the fun part of recruiting is meeting these great individuals that are just awesome... Everybody was very understanding in that little by little this is settling down, just give it a little bit of time... Let's see who we hire and I said 'in all likelihood, you're gonna love it, if I'm betting.' Again, I think sometimes you can improve with a change and I won't be surprised if we do."

14:15 - "(On being thanked for stepping up for OU, also this question was asked in a way that seemed like a shot at TBOW) Well I appreciate it, but I really don't need thanked. I appreciate people who have (thanked him)... OU matters to me and it is easy to do, well it hasn't been easy to do, but I mean of course I am going to."

16:51 - "Right now, we are setup to win. And we will."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News