ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Transfer portal DL note

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I have been told that Sooners hosted Jacksonville State transfer DL Chris Hardie over the last 24-48hrs.

Still waiting to hear if OU will make a strong push here, but was told the visit went well and that decisions on things are being to moving forward or not.

Let me expound on that: What we have heard is that Ole Miss may be trying to push the ante on the NIL side. For now, I’m unsure if the Sooners will push there because of how they operate. They do things like a pro team would. There is value in how they pay. An example would be the Damonic William’s’ situation, where the Sooners felt the bang was worth the buck, it is still being deciphered in this situation.

Naturally, the Sooners would love to be able to pull this one off and use DC Zac Alley’s relationship as a conduit to facilitate an easier commitment of sorts, but in today’s NIL world, that sometimes isn’t the case and relationships are deemed less relevant in some recruitments — even if Alley coached him a few years.

We are digging here to see if it will be this time around, but I do expect a decision from Hardie by “this weekend,” per a source.

Lastly, a team to watch for here is UCLA, but that was buzz on Sunday that I couldn’t get more info on. Still, wanted to pass that along, as I was told the Bruins were hopeful to get a visit if they could get one lined up.

*** I know you saw DL Adin Huntington commit to Tulane. Huntington was in the portal for a bit and that was, from what I have been told, due to some NIL “overreach” by his representatives.

Huntington took some visits to some big schools, but in the end didn’t end up taking a big step forward, despite his stats and film. Size could have played a role as well.

We are still digging on Hardie and where OU is at there but wanted a note on him nonetheless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News