ADVERTISEMENT

So, OU hired Dennis Simmons (WR) & Kerry Cooks (DB)

Well, surely you'll allow them to return the Uhaul, get their kids in school, etc...
eek.r191677.gif

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
Meh, I think his first priority is to turn all of this supposed talent recruited by Norvell into production on the field. Norvell recruited some tigers that have thus far only looked good on the paper they came into town with. Definitely looks like an upgrade as it appears he has had more than one dependable producing receiver per season in his previous coaching gigs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I hope he gets that Michiah Quick in shape, he had a lot of dropped passes.
Originally posted by Medic007:
Meh, I think his first priority is to turn all of this supposed talent recruited by Norvell into production on the field. Norvell recruited some tigers that have thus far only looked good on the paper they came into town with. Definitely looks like an upgrade as it appears he has had more than one dependable producing receiver per season in his previous coaching gigs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

So reading the WSU board Simmons has been gone for the past few weeks. Did he help OU in recruiting? or did he take a little vacation before heading to Norman. His replacement at WSU , Jarrail Jackson, is an OU alumni, was a great WR and return man back in 99. His resume is pretty impressive, wish him the best of luck there, and that Simmons and Riley can get this offense rolling next season.

Originally posted by soonerfastnloud:
I hope he gets that Michiah Quick in shape, he had a lot of dropped passes.
Dude was also open less than a nun's legs this past season. My fear is that Norvell the master recruiter may not have been the guru at talent evaluation we all thought he was, and that maybe the talent isn't as good as we think it is. He did recruit a lot of BIG NAME BUSTS, guys you would have thought would come in and play big early.

Regardless, he definitely wasn't coaching them up. Hopefully coaching was Norvell's only failure.

Originally posted by coe8189:
So reading the WSU board Simmons has been gone for the past few weeks. Did he help OU in recruiting? or did he take a little vacation before heading to Norman. His replacement at WSU , Jarrail Jackson, is an OU alumni, was a great WR and return man back in 99. His resume is pretty impressive, wish him the best of luck there, and that Simmons and Riley can get this offense rolling next season.
Jarrail Jackson begins his third season at Washington State and his second as the Director of Player Relations, assisting with recruiting and operations.

Jackson spent the previous six seasons working with the wide receivers at Dartmouth University where he coached two different second team All-Ivy League selections.

Jackson was a wide receiver and punt returner at the University of Oklahoma from 1996-99, earning All-Big 12 Conference honors at both positions. As a senior, playing under offensive coordinator Mike Leach, he had 54 receptions for 659 yards and seven scores. He set eight receiving and return school records, left OU second in career all-purpose yards and first in punt return yards (1,238) and caught an Independence Bowl record 10 passes against Ole Miss in 1999. Jackson also played centerfield for the Sooners baseball team.

From 2000-02, the Houston native was a member of the practice squad for the Buffalo Bills. Additionally, he spent six seasons playing the ArenaFootball2 League.

Jackson's coaching career began in 2004 at Chichasha High School in Oklahoma before moving on to University of Central Oklahoma where he served as a volunteer assistant coach in 2005.

Jackson has three children, Jalen, Acelynn and Brooklyn.

This post was edited on 2/4 8:45 PM by JMISASANO

That's curious...

I attended Chickasha Jr. High when the Cuban Missle crisis happened.

Teachers walking around crying, women too, about the imminent end of the world...

Ah, good times...then we moved to Lawton.

I knew I was in hell then...

But...I digress.
smokin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/4 8:54 PM by Soonersincefitty

This post was edited on 2/4 9:01 PM by Soonersincefitty

Originally posted by JMISASANO:

Originally posted by coe8189:
Jarrail Jackson begins his third season at Washington State and his second as the Director of Player Relations, assisting with recruiting and operations.

Jackson spent the previous six seasons working with the wide receivers at Dartmouth University where he coached two different second team All-Ivy League selections.

Jackson was a wide receiver and punt returner at the University of Oklahoma from 1996-99, earning All-Big 12 Conference honors at both positions. As a senior, playing under offensive coordinator Mike Leach, he had 54 receptions for 659 yards and seven scores. He set eight receiving and return school records, left OU second in career all-purpose yards and first in punt return yards (1,238) and caught an Independence Bowl record 10 passes against Ole Miss in 1999. Jackson also played centerfield for the Sooners baseball team.

From 2000-02, the Houston native was a member of the practice squad for the Buffalo Bills. Additionally, he spent six seasons playing the ArenaFootball2 League.

Jackson's coaching career began in 2004 at Chichasha High School in Oklahoma before moving on to University of Central Oklahoma where he served as a volunteer assistant coach in 2005.

Jackson has three children, Jalen, Acelynn and Brooklyn.

This post was edited on 2/4 8:45 PM by JMISASANO
Where are you getting your information? Not that I doubt it, but I think if you're going to quote a blog, site or reporter you should supply link the source or credit the author.

This post was edited on 2/4 10:24 PM by WhyNotaSooner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT