ADVERTISEMENT

Small bone to pick

BawlzDeep

OU scholarship offer
Dec 16, 2013
Where were all the Sooner faithful last night? I know OU wasn't playing for #8 but our crowd was scarce. Auburn brought some fans to Nola. It might have been a 2 to 1 disparity. o_O;)

Tickets were dirt cheap and could be had for a song outside the Superdome.

The game was fun and the bands were excellent.

Last edited:
It was my first OU game in person last night. We were definitely outnumbered. Well midway through the 3rd quarter we seemed to be almost even crowd wise since the Auburn faithful headed for the exits early!

Honest Reply.
My wife and I would almost never miss a game this close to Houston, and we typically love going to New Orleans for a couple of days at a time.
We didn't go this year due to the recent shootings in NO. I know the McKnight shooting was a road rage incident.
But the 10 people who were shot recently didn't wake up that morning knowing they would be shot before the day was over.
NO is going to have to make some major changes before we will go back over there.

I suspect a lot of the disparity is that people from Louisiana are SEC fans mostly, and they were there pulling for the "home team." The OU people there were OU people. The Auburn people there were half them, and half local folks.

Honest Reply.
My wife and I would almost never miss a game this close to Houston, and we typically love going to New Orleans for a couple of days at a time.
We didn't go this year due to the recent shootings in NO. I know the McKnight shooting was a road rage incident.
But the 10 people who were shot recently didn't wake up that morning knowing they would be shot before the day was over.
NO is going to have to make some major changes before we will go back over there.

The only thing that was happening in NO was Rain, rain, and more rain. The concerts and parade were still goood, even though I had my umbrella the whole weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT