ADVERTISEMENT

Skip Bayless

A guy on the pay board did some research and came up with this list. Thought it was pretty interesting.

8 times in 5 years, 10+ pt favorites and lost....

10-22-11 Texas Tech (+29), 41-38
11-19-11 @Baylor (+17), 45-38
9-22-12 KSU (+15.5), 24-19
10-27-12 Notre Dame (+11.5), 30-13
10-12-13 *Texas (13.5), 36-20
12-6-14 Oklahoma State (+19.5), 38-35
10-10-15 *Texas (+16.5), 24-17
9-3-16 *Houston (+13.5), 33-23
*Neutral Site

And also factor in the bad loss to A&M in the Cotton Bowl, and the 2 complete poundings OU received from Clemson the last 2 years as well. And the total meltdown against Baylor in Norman 2 seasons ago I think when Baylor scored like 45 straight points in the 2nd half, and took their foot off the gas or they could have scored 60+.

Just food for thought. :(

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Skip Bayless, auto corrected to "Baseless" by my Stoopiphone, is a guy who can't be objectionable when talking about "his" teams. He has denigrated into a 4th grader and knows little about reality.

I am already getting sick and tired of all the hubbub Fox Sports is giving Skip with regard to commercial time. They must have a lot of money tied up in him.

And I don't disagree with alot of the points that Skip makes in that video either. But I also think Joel Klatt made some great points as well in why you do NOT get rid of Bob Stoops at this point. Most of what Skip is talking about happened in the years prior to Bob overhauling his assistants that surround him. No doubt what we saw on Saturday looked like the "same ole, same ole" with what we have seen from Bob over the years. But also I love the point Klatt makes in after the loss to Texas last year, Bob get things on the right track and won out to make the playoff. The same can happen this year. The changes Bob has made to his staff the last few years led to a great season last year, and the same can happen this year. But I do agree that what we saw on Saturday does chip away at the confidence a bit. Not sure how Bob could stand there and let his offense fail like it did. Klatt is right on the money in that video in his questioning Riley's gameplan. But let's see how the season plays out, and then debate on the season as a whole instead of basing it on just one game.[/QUOT

Agree...........Nick Satan is in a good recruiting area, Bob is doing a good on the most part. I am glad we did not get Mack Brown. Things could Always be MUCH WORSE.

I grew up reading him in the Dallas Morning News and Blackie Sherrod in the Dallas Times Herald. Then they switched employers. Skip was always an OU homer, while Sherrod, who seemed like he was most likely a whorn fan, never had an issue with being an observer of the game, and then reporting on what he saw without bias.

Skippy lost his job when the paper failed, and he skipped around the nation finding out that nobody liked his shtick. San Jose, Chi-town, etc. He returned to Dallas on KTCK 1310 AM as the morning guy... it wasn't long before nobody was mourning when he was replaced.

He has done well for himself, though... his reported net worth is between $4-8 million, and his current Fox contract is reportedly more than $5.5 million annually. Not bad, for a whiny biatch...

Bayless is a screaming melodramatic fool, like too many other TV sports and news "journalists".....Chris Berman, Chris Mathews, Bill O'Reilly, Chris Russo to name a few.
I like the low key, objective and informative style. But where the hell is it anymore ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT