ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Notes...(UPDATE: 12:47p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 12:47p - OK guys spoke with some more sources on what what is going on with Oklahoma's defensive back recruiting and picked up a few notes I wanted to pass on.

First is that I get the impression that, unlike I had been told previously, it's very possible that Oklahoma is completely done at defensive back.

And if they aren't done, it's because they land Brandon Burton. I had heard since the summer (and it surprised me at the time) that Burton was a wide receiver target more than a defensive back target. It appears that while he will get a look at receiver, he is primarily a safety target.

What it also means is that with the commitment last weekend of Jordan Parker things with Baylen Buchanan may be at an impasse at the moment. I'm not convinced the Sooners will stop recruiting him - in case something opens up but I get the impression if he tried to commit now, he couldn't.

ORIGINAL:
Just spoke to a source who tells me that Mesquite (Texas) Horn Rivals100 qb Chris Robison has simply got a very sore shin, as x-rays show no fracture.

The Oklahoma commitment suffered the injury last night in a game against Highland Park.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.