ADVERTISEMENT

Sat. weather forecast update

Good news for game in Manhattan. The cold front moves through earlier with a narrow line of storms passing through between 1-2pm. By game time...lighter rain is only expected with storms well off to the east. No lightning delays appear possible. Get the Sooner attack off to fast start !!
THANKS for the Update...I like your Insider Information!

The temps should start in the 60's and fall into 50's. Once the storms clear Manhattan, then only some lighter rains should move through. The line of storms should move pretty quick and from all indications, they will become stronger well east of stadium. The time when they develop should be around game time, so it could be a close call on the start of game being delayed until they move past. I think they use 30 mins after the last nearby lightning strike on game delay decisions. At least that is what they did for TCU game.

Holy cow! Your weather update was spot on. The rain was pretty bad driving back to the KC airport (east) after the game as you predicted. And the game was delayed slightly. Had to bump this thread to give kcstorm06 the recognition that was due. Can you coach defense?

I started but didn't send last night: "You know that harmless line of storms; we have them hot & heavy in 50613. Going on for a few hours now; looks like the front stretches from about KC to MPLS".
It stormed pretty good during the 4Q and into the overnight. Mild week ahead & possible first freeze next Friday night (maybe 25).

Reactions: kcstorm06
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT