ADVERTISEMENT

RRS Game Thread

Yeah, someone else said Sooner Magic, and I agree!

How about Riley pulling Rattler? Holy Smokes, what a big decision. Putting a true freshman into that mad house? And it paid off!
I still cannot believe it we had no business winning that game. But the players fought their asses off. I feel the best for Kelly...play of the game straight up taking the ball on the kick off return! Boomer Sooner!

The numbers.

FBSTKcpXsAkABBL

I still cannot believe it we had no business winning that game. But the players fought their asses off. I feel the best for Kelly...play of the game straight up taking the ball on the kick off return! Boomer Sooner!

Victory from the jaws of defeat. These guys must be living right because I'm feeling pretty lucky to be 6-0.

But your right, that in the 2nd half we cranked up the intensity, especially on offense.

Brooks and Gray were running through tackles, but they also had some nice holes. The offensive line run blocked and pass-protected Williams pretty well. Plus Lincoln called another good game. 35 points, most of them hard earned.

Front seven showed up in the 2nd half too, big time. All over their QB and they really, really slowed down the Robinson kid. Our secondary.. not so much.. TX must have had at least five pass plays of more than 40 yards. Absolutely killing us on the deep throws. Got to fix that somehow.

Victory from the jaws of defeat. These guys must be living right because I'm feeling pretty lucky to be 6-0.

But your right, that in the 2nd half we cranked up the intensity, especially on offense.

Brooks and Gray were running through tackles, but they also had some nice holes. The offensive line run blocked and pass-protected Williams pretty well. Plus Lincoln called another good game. 35 points, most of them hard earned.

Front seven showed up in the 2nd half too, big time. All over their QB and they really, really slowed down the Robinson kid. Our secondary.. not so much.. TX must have had at least five pass plays of more than 40 yards. Absolutely killing us on the deep throws. Got to fix that somehow.

The defense gave up 10 points the 2nd half compared to 38 the first half. That was a BIG difference in winning and losing. You’re right about the big passing play but Texas still only scored 10 during the 2nd half. I’ll take that every half for the rest of the year.

The defense gave up 10 points the 2nd half compared to 38 the first half. That was a BIG difference in winning and losing. You’re right about the big passing play but Texas still only scored 10 during the 2nd half. I’ll take that every half for the rest of the year.

Yep and another thing I thought of as a break for OU is when texas went for it on 4th down late in the 4th instead of kicking a FG. I didn't think we would be able to get a first down on our ensuing possession and we didn't, had to punt after 3 and out. Texas got the ball back and ended up getting the tying td.
Had they kicked a FG instead of going for it on 4th down it might have turned out differently.
At any rate we won and I didn't think we would pull it off.
Loving every minute of it.

Williams was nails. I just see no way that Riley can go back to Rattler, the cats out of the bag but how about Riley bringing Rattler back in off the bench for the 2 pt. conversion? Riley does have some damn balls at times.

Caleb is the man. He provides the energy on both sides of the ball. It was very apparent today who should be piloting this ship. 😁
OU had the best and the worst qb on the field today and the most productive back on the field today. Robinson is good but plays like that 50 yard run he had with 8 missed tackles are overated imo.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I was at the game. The long TV timeouts provide images of what to expect. OU was down 33-45 but the intermissions saw OU players bouncing around with enthusiasm. There was an energy that was unmistakeable. We stayed in the stadium for about an hour after game. Electric.

How about in the first half? Did they seem hyped because they sure didn't behind the big screen? I don't understand why these guys can't come prepared and jacked up every week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT