ADVERTISEMENT

roughing the passer

soonerfastnloud

Sooner starter
Jan 1, 2015
Remember the foul on Jordan Evans, were the ref was real descriptive of the foul "punishing the qb with the weight of his body" not once did they do that on Baylor when they roughed the passer with the horse collar,

Soonerfast I like you as a poster but this has been mentioned several times already by different posters. It does no good to continue on with this subject. Let's talk about tcu

I don't even understand the gripe.

When Baylor benefited from a foul, the refs used more words to describe it?

Baylor was penalized for the horse collar tackle so I don't get your drift. I watched the game again and there were several penalties that could have called that weren't. The helmet to helmet on Mixon and when Kasitati's helmet was ripped off by the face mask. I saw several plays that OU could have been called as well. Frankly I couldn't see Dimon's penalty. But the horse collar on Baker wasn't anymore intentional than most face mask penalties. The Baylor player was grabbing for anything he could get his hand on which was the back of Baker's pads briefly then the back of his jersey. That wasn't a dirty play as some have described it. Unless you think he should have let go of his jersey. That is hard to do and those things happen all the time with every team. Not saying Baylor doesn't push the evelope.

Soonerfast I like you as a poster but this has been mentioned several times already by different posters. It does no good to continue on with this subject. Let's talk about tcu

Yeah you're right, Yankees, I didn't see your post until I had already replied to OP. I use a iPhone so it takes me a lot more time to post. LOL

K2C, that's a closer view of the play than what was broadcasted, so I can see it his foot hitting the Baylor's player in the face. I can't tell whether or not he intended to do that, but now I can't argue with the penalty. The Baylor player standing over him rolled him completely over to the point he was on his head and the feet were almost straight up at one time. There was a lot extra shit going on during the game on both sides, but it is to be expected, IMO. I hope Bob allows him to play when he becomes eligible. He is a force. Thanks for the link.

Oklabama,

It's being reported by others that Dimon's left ankle was getting worked over by their DT, and he was kicking to get him to stop. Wouldn't surprise me as Baylor is the dirtiest program since Miami.

Not that it's excused, but just as a reason why he might kick someone.

Baylor was penalized for the horse collar tackle so I don't get your drift. I watched the game again and there were several penalties that could have called that weren't. The helmet to helmet on Mixon and when Kasitati's helmet was ripped off by the face mask. I saw several plays that OU could have been called as well. Frankly I couldn't see Dimon's penalty. But the horse collar on Baker wasn't anymore intentional than most face mask penalties. The Baylor player was grabbing for anything he could get his hand on which was the back of Baker's pads briefly then the back of his jersey. That wasn't a dirty play as some have described it. Unless you think he should have let go of his jersey. That is hard to do and those things happen all the time with every team. Not saying Baylor doesn't push the evelope.

The complaint with the horse collar was not the jersey grab that ended up as a hand inside the back of the shoulder pads. It was throwing his leg at the back of the legs of OUr quarterback. That was not unintentional.

Frankly I couldn't see Dimon's penalty.
I did not either with any of the available camera angles, but they had a video snippet of it on the Dallas Morning News site to accompany their game coverage. It was distinct. I thought it was marginal. I do not have DMN subscription, but I backed into it from another site that was linked here this morning. Or maybe just on the Yahoo News page this morning. The OU coverage was like the third or fouth headline on Yahoo News and it went straight to the DMN page without requiring log in.

Maybe six stories. Dimon being ejected was mentioned more than once. I did not expect the Morning News to be nice about it.

Regarding the horse collar, I didn't notice that but I'll take your word for it. And I have already deleted the game recording. Dang. My apologies.

I did not either with any of the available camera angles, but they had a video snippet of it on the Dallas Morning News site to accompany their game coverage. It was distinct. I thought it was marginal. I do not have DMN subscription, but I backed into it from another site that was linked here this morning. Or maybe just on the Yahoo News page this morning. The OU coverage was like the third or fouth headline on Yahoo News and it went straight to the DMN page without requiring log in.

Maybe six stories. Dimon being ejected was mentioned more than once. I did not expect the Morning News to be nice about it.

Plaino, what part of the TCU game will Dimon be eligible if Bob allows him to play? If any.

Do you 2 guys have to criticize what others post. What's it to you? Tend to yourself trying to control what's said. Hell we had to hear about Finch and Clay for 2 seasons. Now that's overdoing it coming back with the same thing week end and week out.
I just read on another board that Stoops has asked the big 12 to look at the hit on Mixon. Why was that not called that was a vicious hit. Knocked his helmet off so bad that it pulled his mouthpiece out. How could anyone miss that?

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Not sure. I know that if it was targeting, he could play the wgole game, because the ejection happened in the first half. But since it was a different kind of ejection not sure. But my guess is that it is the same.

I"ve really never seen so many fans go on and on about penalties than the game with Baylor. Same over on the pay board too. OU won the game. Why let those calls continue to eat away at you??

Because, we can.

Bob apparently is right there with us however.

He's sending the tape of Mixon getting totally targeted to a point his helmet comes off to the BIG 12 for an official ruling.
Got that going for us.

I"ve really never seen so many fans go on and on about penalties than the game with Baylor. Same over on the pay board too. OU won the game. Why let those calls continue to eat away at you??

I think it's because it's Baylor, and they are a thug program that seems to play with intent to injure and for whatever reason, they don't get called for it even when it seems obvious.

The helmet to helmet on Mixon was blatant. The the horse collar on Mayfield was worse. The not called grab of Kasitati's facemask was blatant and in a place where three officials are looking for it. Then five minutes later, they called the same thing on OU, negating one of their guys having to leave, and penalizing us 15.

We are not alone in this view of Baylor football. TCU thinks they're the dirtiest team in the conference I've never seen Patterson go off on anybody like he did after the Baylor game two years ago. WVU thinks they're the dirtiest team in the conference. I believe that even OSU fans would say that, though I wouldn't rely on them for anything. Let's see after this weekend.

Even the SI article on Oakman last month referenced it.

Their play a year ago in Norman seemed like the stripes kept looking the other way. It hurt them in the bowl game against Michigan State, because stuff that they'd done all year and gotten away with, was called when the did it. 11 for 105. Several at key moments.Their one reg season loss, they were called for 200 plus in penalty yards. Against OU, there were no personal foul calls, despite the obvious neck injuring spearing by Oakman. and only 40 yards total.

It's one thing for them to play dirty. It's another when they aren't even penalized for it.

I think it's because it's Baylor, and they are a thug program that seems to play with intent to injure and for whatever reason, they don't get called for it even when it seems obvious.

The helmet to helmet on Mixon was blatant. The the horse collar on Mayfield was worse. The not called grab of Kasitati's facemask was blatant and in a place where three officials are looking for it. Then five minutes later, they called the same thing on OU, negating one of their guys having to leave, and penalizing us 15.

We are not alone in this view of Baylor football. TCU thinks they're the dirtiest team in the conference I've never seen Patterson go off on anybody like he did after the Baylor game two years ago. WVU thinks they're the dirtiest team in the conference. I believe that even OSU fans would say that, though I wouldn't rely on them for anything. Let's see after this weekend.

Even the SI article on Oakman last month referenced it.

Their play a year ago in Norman seemed like the stripes kept looking the other way. It hurt them in the bowl game against Michigan State, because stuff that they'd done all year and gotten away with, was called when the did it. 11 for 105. Several at key moments.Their one reg season loss, they were called for 200 plus in penalty yards. Against OU, there were no personal foul calls, despite the obvious neck injuring spearing by Oakman. and only 40 yards total.

It's one thing for them to play dirty. It's another when they aren't even penalized for it.
OU won the game....breathe in...breathe out....

That was easily the most trash-talking, late hits, borderline fouls and intense games I've seen in a long time. Initially, I thought some of the pushing, jawing, etc. was just the nerves and emotion of the first few minutes of the game. When it was still going on late in the first quarter, I knew it was going to be a very physical, intimidating, if not dirty game. After Dimon got ejected, I thought the refs were going to pull Stoops and Briles aside and tell them to get their guys under control because this one could have gotten really ugly. I guess props go to the officials for not letting it turn into a street brawl! Sunday morning, I had a different perception and opinion of Briles and his program and it's not good.

That was easily the most trash-talking, late hits, borderline fouls and intense games I've seen in a long time. Initially, I thought some of the pushing, jawing, etc. was just the nerves and emotion of the first few minutes of the game. When it was still going on late in the first quarter, I knew it was going to be a very physical, intimidating, if not dirty game. After Dimon got ejected, I thought the refs were going to pull Stoops and Briles aside and tell them to get their guys under control because this one could have gotten really ugly. I guess props go to the officials for not letting it turn into a street brawl! Sunday morning, I had a different perception and opinion of Briles and his program and it's not good.

Well here's what I think. I truly believe the OU players took it upon their own to send Baylor a message after the late out of bounds hit on Baker by Oakman. Shortly after Tapper drilled Steadman to the ground, Brown had the chop block on Oakman. Both were called and Bob seemed livid on TV. I think it was the turning points of the game. I don't think Oakman had his named called again. Of course, I could be wrong, I still believe Oswald was framed....HA!

Reactions: Oklabama
Well here's what I think. I truly believe the OU players took it upon their own to send Baylor a message after the late out of bounds hit on Baker by Oakman. Shortly after Tapper drilled Steadman to the ground, Brown had the chop block on Oakman. Both were called and Bob seemed livid on TV. I think it was the turning points of the game. I don't think Oakman had his named called again. Of course, I could be wrong, I still believe Oswald was framed....HA!

Oh, no doubt OU was settling some old scores.
My only complaint is they weren't subtle enough and drew some massively huge penalties that could have affected the outcome...
if this team didn't happen to be on fire!

As it turned out, we prevailed. Mission accomplished.

I don't think Brown's hit on Oakman was a chop block. It was the latest hit I've seen this year while he was laying on the ground. I went whoa, and was mad at him. But I think that Orlando was there last year when Oakman's cheap shot on Trevor severely injured him. Then he saw it on Mayfield that was less egregious but still a cheap out of bounds tackle.

I think Brown decided to be an enforcer. I'd say he's pretty good at it. And as was said, you didn't hear Oakman's name much afterward..

You look at the guy ... I wouldn't mess with him.

I don't think Brown's hit on Oakman was a chop block. It was the latest hit I've seen this year while he was laying on the ground. I went whoa, and was mad at him. But I think that Orlando was there last year when Oakman's cheap shot on Trevor severely injured him. Then he saw it on Mayfield that was less egregious but still a cheap out of bounds tackle.

I think Brown decided to be an enforcer. I'd say he's pretty good at it. And as was said, you didn't hear Oakman's name much afterward..

You look at the guy ... I wouldn't mess with him.

Thanks for the correction on Brown. I had it typed PF, but changed it.

When I first posted this thread I had just rewatched the game, and it made me mad again to see helmets ripped off without a penalty, etc, etc, Baylor better clean up their program before its too late. It really makes me appreciate our coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT