ADVERTISEMENT

Progress on offense; maybe some positives ahead?

SoonerBeau

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
May 2, 2023
I think we may be about to turn a corner.

I was at the game yesterday. It was a fun first half. The offense looked much better against a goood Ole Miss squad, and the OL was improved until Sexton got hurt and we were forced to go into drop back mode late in the game. Still, it beat the heck out of the Texas and South Carolina games, and I think we can win more than just the Maine game.

First, we should finally be getting Burks back soon, most likely no later than Missouri. Farooq could be back by then too. Hopefully one or both of Jake Taylor or Sexton is back too. Then we caught a break. Unfortunately for Missouri, their qb hurt his hand and already had a bum ankle. It’s not clear if he will be back or anywhere close t0 100% if he is back. You hate it for that guy, but it greatly improves our chances of a W (without Cook, we likely win in my opinion).

After Missouri, we get a bye before Bama. You have to think Burks and Farooq are back by then. That’s four weeks away. Maybe at least one if not both the Jake’s are too. And with all that time for the offense to build on the progress it showed today, we could look much stronger. That at least gives us a chance.

I will feel a heck of a lot better if we can finish the regular season with a win against Maine and at least one of Missouri, Bama, or LSU, especially if we at least look fairly competitive. Regardless, I will be there cheering them on each game just as I have the past games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.