ADVERTISEMENT

Predicted Coaching Carousel...

Sh00terS00ner

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2018
9th Green at 9:00PM
So I have a theory...
With the impending rehire of Coach Viney, I have a theory of how our (defensive) staff may turn out come January/February '19. Here they are:

- After the bowl season, Moops and Kish will move on the greener pastures; whether that be retirement or joining new teams, remains to be seen but this will be their final year at OU leaving the LB coach to...

- Bob Diaco. Being a former LB himself (Iowa) and as a coach (Eastern/Western Michigan, Virginia, Cincinnati and Notre Dame) he has the credentials. Reminds me of a new version of Venables and I predict him taking over the LB coordinator position as well as Co-DC with...

- Cooks. BY FAR our best recruiter and young/enthusiastic defensive mind the players will love to play for and give their all. Leaving the DB coordinator to...

- Chip Viney. Up-and-comer coordinator who can recruit, build relationships and continue to get experience as a coordinator like he was at Nevada.

- Ruffin remains on staff one more year before leaving the entire DL coaching responsibilities to Thibs where he can continue to thrive in recruiting and HOPEFULLY developing the players.

Just my opinion of LR staying one step ahead of everyone and having a smooth transition come Spring '19. This is why he was hired. Guy is the next great coach of a generation and is a genius.

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.