ADVERTISEMENT

Poll trash...

kcstorm06

Sooner starter
Aug 31, 2006
Overland Park KS
Every year the trash takes care of itself, and teams show they were presumed strong. Yet the paper tigers fall from relevance like Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and to a degree Baylor, Texas, and Florida.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Every year the trash takes care of itself, and teams show they were presumed strong. Yet the paper tigers fall from relevance like Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and to a degree Baylor, Texas, and Florida.
I don't put Texas in that group. Losing a one-point game to Alabama without their starting QB Ewers for the last three quarters does not indicate to me that the Horns are weak.
Texas showed me more in losing than OU did in winning against Kent State.
That said however, I believe this OU team in September will not be the same team in 2-4 weeks.

As the old saying goes...winners do what losers don’t. Shorthorns turned in a strong performance, but Saban’s crew shot themselves over and over with dumb penalties. What happened in the 4th Quarter should have played out in the previous three quarters. If Bijan Robinson is presumed the king of RB, he should have carried the team after Ewers went out. Ewers did play pretty well...I do give him high marks for that. Sark’s playballing was brilliant at times, then a flop.

Last edited:
The "king of messing your knickers" goes to Jimbo Fisher. He has the 10th highest rated roster in CFB with something like 10 Five Stars and 44 Four Stars. This guy has an alligator mouth and a guppy A$$. The laughable part is that he is guaranteed $10 million a year for another 8 years or so.

Texas impressed but let us face facts. Bama made texass look far better than they actually are. In Q3 Bama had twice as many penalties as first downs. I will not allow this game to influence my opinion of either team.

The "king of messing your knickers" goes to Jimbo Fisher. He has the 10th highest rated roster in CFB with something like 10 Five Stars and 44 Four Stars. This guy has an alligator mouth and a guppy A$$. The laughable part is that he is guaranteed $10 million a year for another 8 years or so.

Texas impressed but let us face facts. Bama made texass look far better than they actually are. In Q3 Bama had twice as many penalties as first downs. I will not allow this game to influence my opinion of either team.
Texas defense brought bama back down to earth. We'd better be prepared October 8th.

Bama will get better as ghe season progresses thats for sure. Texas most likely will not but they will play us hard regardless.
I think the Texsa aggies are the most overhyped team every year. The media props them up every single year only for them to flop every single year. And I agree with what Bob Stoops said the other day, I need to see Texas is back before I believe it. And that comment will likely be used as motivation by the texas coaches before the game with OU. Meh

As the old saying goes...winners do what losers don’t. Shorthorns turned in a strong performance, but Saban’s crew shot themselves over and over with dumb penalties. What happened in the 4th Quarter should have played out in the previous three quarters. If Bijan Robinson is presumed the king of RB, he should have carried the team after Ewers went out. Ewers did play pretty well...I do give him high marks for that. Sark’s playballing was brilliant at times, then a flop.
The whole Bama defense was geared to stop Bijan. When they had a healthy quarterback, UT took advantage of it. Anybody playing Alabama with you second team quarterback barely able to move, is in serious trouble. The Horns gave a good account of themselves. I was pretty surprised.

Alabama looked a little overrated to me. They are short of difference maker receivers, and then their best running back, the longtime OU commitment from Aledo got hurt again.

Bama will get better as ghe season progresses thats for sure. Texas most likely will not but they will play us hard regardless.
I think the Texsa aggies are the most overhyped team every year. The media props them up every single year only for them to flop every single year. And I agree with what Bob Stoops said the other day, I need to see Texas is back before I believe it. And that comment will likely be used as motivation by the texas coaches before the game with OU. Meh
During the radio broadcast while interviewing Stoops they asked him about the Texas game. The question was “ Who was you rooting for “. His reply with laughter was “ I never thought I would ever say this but I was rooting for Texas to win. If anyone ask if I said that I will deny it “ Toby Rowland then said with a laugh “ Ill edit that part”

Bob did go on to say that his reason for rooting for Texas had to do with the B12 as a fan of the conf and felt a change is needed in who holds the power. What I got out of that was not just Bama but the SEC as a whole .

Agreed. The Texas D Line and LBs are much better this year. Overshown was strong last year and he looks better this year. The Texas D has Gary Patterson's fingerprints all over it.

Word has it he spent 3 months preparing for this one game. It was successful. Now let's see how they perform the rest of the year. Texas looked good. But I'm still a doubting Thomas.

One name that comes to mind for Nebby. Mark Stoops.
I am not sure this would be a good move. Mark has built a pretty good name for himself in Kentucky. Nebraska is a first class train wreck that will take a big effort to correct. Just my opinion but I think the damage that Tom Osborne inflicted is deeper than a coach can fix. Nebraska was effectively the odds on favorite to win the Big 12 North in most years. The move to the Big 10 was "places unknown". I don't see much change until Osborne meets our maker.

I am not sure this would be a good move. Mark has built a pretty good name for himself in Kentucky. Nebraska is a first class train wreck that will take a big effort to correct. Just my opinion but I think the damage that Tom Osborne inflicted is deeper than a coach can fix. Nebraska was effectively the odds on favorite to win the Big 12 North in most years. The move to the Big 10 was "places unknown". I don't see much change until Osborne meets our maker.
Probably won't happen just a few guys I think they should go after. Matt Campbell is another.
May be hard to get anyone thats not an up and comer from a small school or an assistant somewhere that probably most people have never heard of.

Well now I see the media mentioned both of the guys I named as possibilities. I didn't know until a few mins ago when I did a search on Campbell, never knew much about him so wanted to read up on his experience before Iowa St. Crazy.

I was going for bama.
Good football is good football. No matter the hate for either team, horns got jobbed on that safety reversal brother while the zebras tried to balance the whole facade with targeting. Neither call could have been further from this. Jmho.

Bevo been moping around my shop the last 2 days, poor fella looks sad.

FcevhiUXwAcNDEB

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Good football is good football. No matter the hate for either team, horns got jobbed on that safety reversal brother while the zebras tried to balance the whole facade with targeting. Neither call could have been further from this. Jmho.
The problem I see from this is there was never a signal of “safety” on the play (that I saw). No doubt it probably should have been called but it would have had to be added and probably should have but wasn’t

The problem I see from this is there was never a signal of “safety” on the play (that I saw). No doubt it probably should have been called but it would have had to be added and probably should have but wasn’t
Ever seen zebras more zeroed in on other than a bama fvck up? 😉

I can never root for the satanic steers and am just focused on prevailing in a few weeks at the RRR. Bama can do what they do and hopefully OU has a shot at them in January

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT